The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lincoln cut short. Mick very sick (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54859)

teedeerocks 01-18-2015 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1158451)
well, at almost 68, and what with throwing up, I'm sure they were just concerned that he might be dehydrated… you lose a lot of fluids vomiting and I'm sure he sweats out a ton of fluid during a show.. .I'm betting that he was just taken to hospital and maybe put on an IV to get fluids back into him. Fingers crossed it's nothing worse, but I'm thinking (hoping) that's it.

Isn't he also diabetic? Dear God I hope it's just the flu.I don't know the history of his illness but if the vomiting had a quick onset,that is a tell-tale sign of a heart attack.They're in my prayers:(

lovethemac1 01-18-2015 02:08 AM

Speedy and full recovery Mick. For all the tour dates and travelling they have done over the past couple of years, at their ages it's surprising none of them have gotten sick like this before.

Dr.Brown 01-18-2015 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mottabam (Post 1158438)
I'd be interested in seeing video of the stand in drummer for GYOW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL8t1fPLSIU

elle 01-18-2015 02:28 AM

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2015...ac+News%29&m=1

JAN 17
Fleetwood Mac ends Lincoln concert early due to band member illness

Fleetwood Mac had to call its set early.

Drummer and founding member Mick Fleetwood came down with an unexplained illness, and the band played as much as it could before members called it a night.

"Mick is really sick. We don't know exactly what to do," Stevie Nicks said, adding that he suddenly became ill and was throwing up.

The band, set to play more than two hours, called off eight of its songs and finished the show with "Go Your Own Way" and "Songbird" almost an hour early.

"We will come back," Nicks said. You'll get one and a half full-on shows. We will come back. We're so sorry."

"It's really unfortunate," added Lindsey Buckingham. "We're really sorry, guys."

Souce: Omaha.com

The band played up to Never Going Back Again, and Steve, Mick's drum technician filled in on Go Your Own Way. Then the show was over. See setlist below and what was left out.

Mick was ill the night before in Saint Paul as well and I understand the Meet and Greet was also cancelled. Didn't think it was this severe.

Get well Mick!!

Here's how the setlist played out

The Chain
You Make Loving Fun
Dreams
Second Hand News
Rhiannon
Everywhere
I Know I'm Not Wrong
Tusk
Sisters of the Moon
Say You Love Me
Seven Wonders
Big Love
Landslide
Never Going Back Again
Over My Head
Gypsy
Little Lies
Gold Dust Woman
I'm So Afraid

Go Your Own Way (with Steve, Micks Drum Tech)

Encore:
World Turning
Don't Stop
Silver Springs

Encore 2:

Songbird

Mick Fleetwood illness cuts Fleetwood Mac concert short
By L. Kent Wolgamott
Lincoln Journal Star

Midway through Fleetwood Mac’s Pinnacle Bank Arena concert Saturday night, drummer Mick Fleetwood suddenly became ill.

“Mick is really sick,” Stevie Nicks told the crowd, adding that Fleetwood was backstage throwing up. “We feel terrible, but we can’t really make him play. Give us a minute, and we’ll figure out what to do.”

That turned out to be playing two more songs.

A drum tech named Steve took over Fleetwood’s kit for “Go Your Own Way,” which is usually the song the band plays before two encores.

Then, after a short break, Christine McVie returned to the stage at a grand piano, playing and singing “Songbird” accompanied by guitarist Lindsey Buckingham.

“Poor old Mick is really sick,” McVie said. “I sing this for him and for all of you.”

“Songbird” has been the final song on the band’s “On With the Show” tour, usually capping a 2½ hour show. Saturday’s truncated set ran just over 90 minutes.

“In all of our 40 years, this has never happened,” Nicks said.

Prior to the abrupt ending, Fleetwood Mac had pumped out 14 songs, all familiar to the 14,000-plus that packed the arena Saturday -- and sounded and looked good doing it.

Saturday's show was the second of 2015 for Fleetwood Mac and the 41st of 80 total dates on the "On With the Show" tour. That meant a fresh Mac, but one already tightened by 41 previous shows. And it is a complete band, thanks to the return of McVie, who came back to the group last year after a 16-year absence.

Her songs, "You Make Loving Fun,” “Everywhere” and “Say You Love Me" were highlights simply because they hadn't been heard live for years.

And she can still sing -- as can Nicks and Buckingham. Some of the songs have been dropped in key. But that didn't change the fact that the Mac -- now in their mid-60s to early 70s -- remains a fine band.

Perhaps evidence of how quickly Fleetwood’s illness hit him, I twice noted his solid drumming in my notes and the tightness of his work with bassist John McVie.

The show began with “The Chain,” “You Make Loving Fun” and “Dreams,” the song of the night that features Nicks, the biggest star in the Mac constellation. She, of course, connected with “Rhiannon,” doing one of her shawl dances while effectively delivering the witchy lyrics with her rough, seductive vocals.

The University of Nebraska marching band didn't turn up for "Tusk.” But Fleetwood Mac still rumbled and roared with Christine McVie strapping on an accordion to add to the crowd-pleasing stomp.

"Tusk" and its follow-up, "Sisters of the Moon," were among the loudest songs of a show that, while far from ear-splitting, was louder than I anticipated -- a good thing.

A good percentage of Saturday's crowd would have been little kids or, in Buckingham's words "not even born yet" during Fleetwood Mac's mid-'70s heyday.

"We're pulling in all ages. I love it. We must have done something right," Buckingham said before doing "Big Love" solo, demonstrating he's a wicked guitarist on a hollow-body electric.

He then switched to acoustic and was joined by Nicks for a touching version of "Landslide" that she dedicated to one of her best friends, Lisa, who she said is from "this amazing city" and must be hurting. "Lisa, all the people in this room are sending you love, every one of them," she said at the song”s end.

Buckingham then did a solo version of “Never Going Back” using the acoustic. Then came Nicks’ announcement of Fleetwood’s illness.

During her announcement, she said that Fleetwood Mac would return and do a show and a half, but that is unlikely, as are refunds for the shortened concert.

nicole21290 01-18-2015 02:28 AM

Keith 01-18-2015 03:01 AM

Mr. Fleetwood

After the band plays, Mick always asks the audience to "take care of yourselves.." and I say to him, Mr. Fleetwood.. please take care of yourself. Listen to your own voice." Wishing Mr. Fleetwood a speedy recovery.

MikeVielhaber 01-18-2015 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1158467)

During her announcement, she said that Fleetwood Mac would return and do a show and a half, but that is unlikely, as are refunds for the shortened concert.

Judging by the exact quote from Stevie she meant they just got half a show and they would come back and perform a whole show. A show and a half in total.

Doctor 01-18-2015 06:57 AM

For what it's worth, you could in no way tell he was sick -- that's how well he was still playing. It was really good. I think Lincoln is just bad luck. I was outside of Lindsey's solo tour in Lincoln back in 2009, I believe, and he cancelled the show right before it started!

Anyway, get well, Mick, and I hope you guys do decide to come back to us. It was my first time seeing Christine, and she made it even that more special.

Macfan4life 01-18-2015 08:09 AM

Very scary and sad. I hope he recovers soon. Good timing they have several days between shows. Mick is a trooper and plays through intense pain. Many performers would have just cancelled the gig completely. It was obvious he was sick when the meet and greet was cancelled. It really shows what a trooper he is to try and to this show.

Macfan4life 01-18-2015 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber (Post 1158474)
Judging by the exact quote from Stevie she meant they just got half a show and they would come back and perform a whole show. A show and a half in total.

Yes that's probably true but she is trying to calm the audience down. If I was there I would be grateful I got to hear half a show instead of cancelling altogether. I cant believe he went on to play being so sick.

Ulpian 01-18-2015 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1158484)
Yes that's probably true but she is trying to calm the audience down. If I was there I would be grateful I got to hear half a show instead of cancelling altogether. I cant believe he went on to play being so sick.

That's the sign of a true professional. That said, at their age it's best not to push one's luck and to try to get well - they've a lot more dates to come!

Get well soon, Mick.

BlueDenimLamp 01-18-2015 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mottabam (Post 1158438)
^ I heard some reports he wasn't feeling well last night. At least they tried to keep the show going. It must have gotten worse for them to cut it short for sure. Most comments are positive on twitter wishing him the best. Of course there are a few rude remarks because the show was only 1 1/2 hours.

I'd be interested in seeing video of the stand in drummer for GYOW.

Best wishes Mick on a speedy recovery from the flu.

welcomechris 01-18-2015 09:55 AM

Omg I hope he gets better! I'm seeing them 1/25 hope he's better by then

gldstwmn 01-18-2015 10:30 AM

Is Steve Rinkov still Mick's drum tech?
Godspeed Mick.

mottabam 01-18-2015 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Brown (Post 1158465)

Thanks for posting that! He did a great job filling in on that short notice.

Hope Mick is improving.