The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Which Christine McVie song from Tusk is your favorite? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=43286)

chiliD 03-09-2010 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 876020)
...that sound like she’s singing through a fourth, invisible nostril...

LOL!!!

That's making the assumption that there's a VISIBLE "third"!

louielouie2000 03-09-2010 06:20 PM

It's Brown Eyes all the way for me too! Never thought of it this way, but ChiliD is absolutely right... it has a very Bob Welch flair to it, and I too adore Bob Welch. What a sensuous, steamy song. It's so simple... but the "breathing room" in the song speaks more volumes than words or instrumentation ever could. Definitely one of FM's masterpiece songs, in my opinion.

mylittledemon 03-09-2010 06:24 PM

Probably Never Forget or Think About Me. :thumbsup:

jaycee 03-09-2010 07:06 PM

"Brown Eyes". The song would've been perfect enough with just the instrumentation, but we get the added beauty of Christine's vocals and the sha la las as well! Simply put, there is nothing wrong with that song - nothing about it could be improved.
(I feel like Paul Simon talking about his own song "Graceland", which he thought was perfect. Modest, to say the least! :D Although I think he said there was one line he thought might be slightly convoluted, and could've perhaps changed...)

starshine 03-09-2010 07:45 PM

I also love Brown Eyes but the original version not the one on the Tusk remastered version....too me somethings lost sound wise too me....and I love those oooh laaa's too awesome!! than probably Over & Over....I love Tusk....great LP.....esp Stevie's songs too....:D

nailatixela 03-09-2010 07:48 PM

I love Christine's songs on Tusk. For some reason I tend to forget about them. Not to say they are forgetable - but some are kind of similar. But considering Stevie had the best songs on Tusk that she has ever had on a Fleetwood Mac album, and Lindsey's attention grabbing songs, Christine gets left in the shadow. I think I need to listen to all of Christine's Tusk songs in a row to fully appericate them. With all that said, Over and Over is def my favorite of her's of Tusk, and it's one of my favorite Mac songs of all time.

StephenC 03-11-2010 08:52 AM

I have always thought that Over and Over is a great track that has some stunning songwriter touches.

Zanobbi 03-11-2010 09:14 AM

Brown eyes is great, but I'd say Honey Hi. I really love those harmonies.

GypsySorcerer 03-11-2010 09:16 AM

Top three:

1) Over & Over (I adore this song)
2) Brown Eyes
3) Think About Me

I like Christine's Tusk material, although I think she was stronger on other albums.

goldustsongbird 03-11-2010 11:52 AM

Honey Hi. It's short and sweet, which sums up Christine's attitude toward songwriting.

Andy Man 03-11-2010 12:56 PM

Thank you so much michelej1 for posting that article. Great, great read and it sums up a lot of how Christine contributed to Fleetwood Mac

Dr. Groove 03-11-2010 01:08 PM

Brown Eyes is definitely my favorite McVie tune on Tusk, hands down. Honey Hi and Never Forget are up there, but not nearly as good in my opinion. Honestly, I agree that McVie was a little disappointing on Tusk.

HomerMcvie 03-11-2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldustsongbird (Post 876378)
Honey Hi. It's short and sweet, which sums up Christine's attitude toward songwriting.

I thought it was Homie Hi. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Think About Me would be my favorite, followed by Over and Over.

APerfectLie 03-11-2010 03:26 PM

Never Forget, for sure.

bluefox4000 03-11-2010 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 876398)
I thought it was Homie Hi. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Think About Me would be my favorite, followed by Over and Over.

Lol Homie hi. That made me like the song better:laugh:

Mick