The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   How Old Is Too Old To Lose Your Virginity?? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=23628)

foxyluva 11-01-2005 06:37 PM

How Old Is Too Old To Lose Your Virginity??

Hey guys, i had an interesting conversation with my friend about losing your virginity - he said that he lost his at 14, and he was told by friends that that was a really old age to lose it, and alot of them lost it at 11 and 12. Now we are both 19, and im still one :angel: but the only difference is im gay, and he is straight (many of you will know how difficult that can be when growing up) - so my question to you is, what age is still having your virginity kind of weird?? How Old Is Too Old??

markolas 11-01-2005 06:39 PM

I was 22, I think...so you're not too old. :laugh:

Serendipity 11-01-2005 06:40 PM

Guessing the question should probably really be "how young is too young?"!!

All I know, I was pretty average for the people I know but my little sister is that age now, and I would hate to think of her going there! Altho i guess its a bit different because at least I had a long term boyfriend I cared about, and she doesnt.

In short, I dont know the answer to your question. But younger than the age of consent (16 here), is too young, IMO, physcially and emotionally. Other than that, whenever you feel mature enough and "ready" (whatever that means". And take proper precautions, obviously!

You're never too old, its not weird, its just doing whats right for you!!!!

~Nicki

ontheEdgeof17 11-01-2005 06:42 PM

I'm 23 and still a virgin. :angel:

markolas 11-01-2005 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
I'm 23 and still a virgin. :angel:

Are not. :lol:

ryan8472 11-01-2005 06:43 PM

I was 14. So I can't really comment. :p Tho I would think that if it hadn't happened after about 30 years, something may be amiss. :laugh:

wondergirl9847 11-01-2005 06:44 PM

Well...

I am 29 and am one. :) Waiting until marriage is my whole thing, but I've never even had a real boyfriend, so....like I have a freakin' choice. :laugh:

I don't believe ANY age is too wierd. If you aren't comfortable, then, don't do it. Gay, straight, I don't care. My mom knew May Owen (socialite from Fort Worth) and she told my mom one time that she lived to be in her 90's because she'd never had sex. :laugh:

I will say that 11, 12, 13, 14 is scary. That is WAY too young to even be discussing having sex. I didn't even know what it was until I was like, 12 or
13, but that was in the 80's....ahhh, such a simpler time. LOL!!

Karlie 11-01-2005 06:47 PM

I'm 15 and a virgin, and so are almost all of my friends.

foxyluva 11-01-2005 06:47 PM

Dont get me wrong, im kinda proud of being one, but, it suddenly occured to me that all my friends, and i mean all are no longer virgins, and it seems like im the last horse to cross the finish line :laugh:

It was just a question that i wanted some opinions on, its not like im going threw a personal crisis or anything :laugh:

markolas 11-01-2005 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
I am 29 and am one. :) Waiting until marriage is my whole thing, but I've never even had a real boyfriend, so....like I have a freakin' choice. :laugh:

If I waited until marriage, I'd be waiting a loooooooooooong time. :laugh:

Quote:

I will say that 11, 12, 13, 14 is scary. That is WAY too young to even be discussing having sex. I didn't even know what it was until I was like, 12 or
13, but that was in the 80's....ahhh, such a simpler time. LOL!!
Is it even possible to have sex when you're 11 or 12?? :shrug:

wondergirl9847 11-01-2005 06:49 PM

Lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by markolas

Marriage is NOT a piece of paper, my friend. ;)

I've heard of like, 10 year old girls being pregnant, so yes, at 11,12...they can. :distress:

foxyluva 11-01-2005 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markolas

I know, i didnt even know what it was until 12, let alone actually doing it :lol:

BTFLCHLD 11-01-2005 06:50 PM

well...there is such a thing as waiting too long
if there arent any marriage material prospects
on the horizon...at least thats what some
woman was moaning about in an article i read...
now the idea of it has her terrified more than anything.
i have a really dumb quesiton to ask...but i wont.
i will research the net for answers ;)

Jyqm 11-01-2005 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxyluva
Hey guys, i had an interesting conversation with my friend about losing your virginity - he said that he lost his at 14, and he was told by friends that that was a really old age to lose it, and alot of them lost it at 11 and 12. Now we are both 19, and im still one :angel: but the only difference is im gay, and he is straight (many of you will know how difficult that can be when growing up) - so my question to you is, what age is still having your virginity kind of weird?? How Old Is Too Old??

Good lord. I thought this was going to be some comical thread about some fifty-year-old who was just itching to finally lose it but thought maybe it was too late and they ought to just throw in the towel.

14 is a very young age to be having sex, and 11 or 12 is just ridiculous. I don't think I even figured out masturbation until I was 12. I would guess that some of your friend's friends were just flat out lying. Otherwise that's a bit disturbing. I really doubt that many or any 12 or 14 year olds are remotely mature enough to be able to deal with the incredible responsibility - both physical and emotional - that sex entails.

Losing your virginity isn't like getting your voter registration card or buying a pack of cigarettes. There's no pre-set age beyond which you really should have had sex already. You should lose your virginity when you find a person that you care about enough - and who cares about you enough - to want to have that kind of relationship with.

If someone is in their 30s or 40s and are still a virgin, I think what's "weird" isn't that they've never had sex, per se, but that they've never had a mature, serious romantic relationship (of which sex tends to be a part).

Bottom line: There's nothing "weird" about being a 19 year old virgin. There are lots of people in their twenties who are still virgins, many of them by choice. There's actually a growing abstinence (until marriage, of course) movement in the US.

EDIT: Does this post make it seem like I think sex outside the confines of a serious relationship is wrong? I don't really believe that, though I think it's something that is often important for a first experience - it's always easier venturing into unknown waters in the security that a relationship can bring. Beyond that, though, if you're into casual sex, knock yourself out. Not that anybody here really cares what I think or needs me to approve of their sex lives, or vice versa.

Serendipity 11-01-2005 06:57 PM

Personally, and I really do mean its just my view, I couldnt have chosen to wait until marriage. I'm not particularly religious, and well, I'm only human. But I really do think its best to wait until you're with somone you care for and who cares for you. And that you are both willing to accept that its a lot of fun but can and does have consequences. I'm glad I did it when I did, and I have no regrets even if that relationship didnt work out because it was right for me. If that time had come 10 or 15 years later for me, I would still have waited to be in that relationship.

11 or 12? Lord, that just freaks me out. More so because I know it does happen!

~Nicki

On edit - to agree with Jyqm.....nothing to say sex is only ok in a relastionship. To each their own amongst consenting and careful adults. But for a first time...yeah it might be better to wait for that security of a good relationship