The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Stevie appears on new Lana Del Rey album (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57118)

tothegypsy 04-26-2017 03:21 PM

Stevie appears on new Lana Del Rey album

http://pitchfork.com/news/73100-lana...lust-for-life/

I think this has a lot of potential :)

SisterNightroad 04-26-2017 03:26 PM

That's fantastic!
Lana mentioned in an interview a little while ago that her producer Rick Nowels, who as we know had worked with Stevie on RAL, was working with Stevie again, then I guess he's the one to thank for this. If he's going to take Dave Stewart's place then he's already done pretty good.

TheWildHeart67 04-26-2017 03:53 PM

YOU BEAT ME TO IT!
LOL!
I was just going to post this article!
I LOVE this group!!
We are ON top of it! LOL!

24karatstevie 04-26-2017 03:59 PM

Never really listened to Lana. I know a lot of fans of Stevie are also fans of Lana. I'm interested to hear it!

StevieandChris 04-26-2017 05:41 PM

Yay, another surprise move!

Who knows what is next?

bwboy 04-26-2017 06:09 PM

I loved Rick Nowels work with Belinda Carlisle, and I would love it if he was working with Stevie again. Stevie is the one who gave him his big break originally, so it would be awesome to for them to work together again.

Dare I say it... I Can't Wait!

kak125 04-26-2017 07:15 PM

Wow!!! This is freaking fantastic news! I am such a huge Lana Del Rey fan.

Jondalar 04-26-2017 07:17 PM

OMFG!!!!!!

I love Lana Del Rey!!!!!!! She is my new Stevie Nicks. Her music is all about atmosphere and her last album was her best. I've been playing her new single over and over.

This makes me forgive Stevie a little. I have all Lanas albums. YES!!!

Nick 04-26-2017 07:20 PM

Very excited for this!

Jondalar 04-26-2017 07:26 PM

Lana's last album was critically acclaimed. It wasn't her biggest but critics loved it and I think it was her best. Rick produced it.

jkmaletic 04-26-2017 08:04 PM

This is cool news. I'm not super familiar with Lana Del Rey, but I LOVE her version of Once Upon a Dream on the Malificent soundtrack. Really haunting.

Jamie

wheart 04-26-2017 08:11 PM

When I saw this on FB I assumed it was fake news. I am beyond thrilled. I am a huge Lana fan. She definitely has the mysterious vibe going on. Can't wait to hear this song!

Nathan 04-26-2017 09:52 PM

I'm not the biggest Lana fan but I bet this will be good. SN will probably be on some low harmonies, is my prediction.

Rick Nowels has done lots of cool stuff, Private Dancer album for Tina Turner, to name just one.

Yeah, I bet (hope) this turns out to be good. Something mysterious hopefully, as opposed to the Southern Promises cover SN guested on a couple of years ago. Which was certainly good (and likely relevant for Nicks) but not quite the moody atmospheric thing I'm always hoping for from her.

Ah well, I buy it either way.

BombaySapphire3 04-26-2017 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 1208193)

Rick Nowels has done lots of cool stuff, Private Dancer album for Tina Turner, to name just one.

It was actually Rupert Hine.. the producer of TOSOTM that did Private Dancer.

bwboy 04-27-2017 05:54 AM

I believe Rick's first actual production work was for Rock a Little, specifically I Can't Wait. Belinda Carlisle said in an interview that Stevie recommended Rick to Belinda, and he produced and wrote most of her second album Heaven on Earth, which featured most of Belinda's hits and really put him on the map.

I know Stevie and Rick have remained friends and still collaborate together. I'm also quite certain that Rick Nowels is the one Stevie wrote the special thanks for in Rock a Little... something like "it's not easy to track a ghost through the fog, so thank you."

BombaySapphire3 04-27-2017 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1208177)
OMFG!!!!!!

I love Lana Del Rey!!!!!!! She is my new Stevie Nicks. Her music is all about atmosphere and her last album was her best. I've been playing her new single over and over.

Somehow I have a feeling that quite a few of us that were disenchanted with her for not participating in a new Fleetwood Mac album will be in a forgiving mood once we hear the Buckingham/McVie album. I'm betting that the album she skipped town to do while the other members of FM were in Los Angeles working on the aborted Fleetwood Mac album will be a masterpiece in comparison .

TheWildHeart67 04-27-2017 01:22 PM

Quote:

Somehow I have a feeling that quite a few of us that were disenchanted with her for not participating in a new Fleetwood Mac album will be in a forgiving mood once we hear the Buckingham/McVie album. I'm betting that the album she skipped town to do while the other members of FM were in Los Angeles working on the aborted Fleetwood Mac album will be a masterpiece in comparison .
The first BM single "In my World" is horrible. It sounds like a bad Buckingham solo song and you cannot even hear Christine.

BombaySapphire3 04-27-2017 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 (Post 1208279)
The first BM single "In my World" is horrible. It sounds like a bad Buckingham solo song and you cannot even hear Christine.

IMHO it is still better than the second single " Feel About You" even with Christine on it ..not a good sign.

James89 04-27-2017 03:04 PM

I'm so excited for this collab.

Nathan 04-27-2017 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1208198)
It was actually Rupert Hine.. the producer of TOSOTM that did Private Dancer.

Thanks, you're right. I was thinking of Rick working on RAL.

TheWildHeart67 04-27-2017 10:02 PM

I cancelled my pre-order.
I'm going to legally stream the album on my paid Google Play subscription when it's released before I decide on a purchase.

StreetAngel86 04-28-2017 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1208177)
OMFG!!!!!!

SAME! BTD paradise WAS my fave
but Honeymoon omg i can listen to it every day.

my wish was for them to collab.
i would never have thought it would actually happen tho <3

StreetAngel86 04-28-2017 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 (Post 1208279)

i listened to that spotify clip
and it was so tinny it hurt my ears.
i want to like it
but no.

Jondalar 04-28-2017 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 (Post 1208462)
SAME! BTD paradise WAS my fave
but Honeymoon omg i can listen to it every day.

my wish was for them to collab.
i would never have thought it would actually happen tho <3

Honeymoon is my favorite. It was one of the most atmospheric albums I've listened to. Have great hopes for new album. Love the title track.

Missy 05-01-2017 06:53 AM

Well - nice to see positive response to this idea. I know that some people don't like Lana but I don't mind her. 'Video Games' was one of my favourite songs from the year it came out. I heard it before I saw what she looked like or knew she was, and it really caught my attention. So it was her sound that hooked me first - not her image.

They're both altos/contraltos, both a bit eccentric and spooky. Looking forward to it. Actually think Stevie is probably better off doing this - moving forward, doing something new - rather than treading over old ground again with FM.

Stevie and Lindsey have been on the road together so much and that can't be easy at times with an ex. Probably quite sick of each other at times and need a break from being tied together.

lilyfee 05-01-2017 06:28 PM

Would not have thought Stevie would be attracted to Lana's melodramatic style but I'm definitely going to give this song a chance! I loved Born to Die and Paradise but her last few albums have fallen flat for me.:distress: Stevie and Lana have such different voices and styles that it's hard to imagine them working together.

secondhandchain 05-02-2017 10:12 PM

...yet she couldn't go into the studio with FM. Even for backround vocals. :shrug::shrug::shrug:

SeanJT 05-04-2017 04:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A friend in Paris just posted this track list! Take it with a grain of salt in case it's not real. I had to edit the image so I could upload it here. However, it appears that the song Stevie contributes to on the new album is called, 'Smoke and Mirrors'!

SeanJT 05-04-2017 04:32 AM

Release Date: May 26th by Interscope Records
Genre: Dream Pop, Alternative Pop, Indie
Recording: 2014-2017

01. Lust for Life (featuring The Weekend)
02. Architecture
03. Love
04. Tomorrow Never Came (featuring Sean Lennon)
05. Yosemite
06. Born Again
07. Drive
08. Nightshade
09. Dahlia (featuring Marina and The Diamonds)
10. Smoke and Mirrors (featuring Stevie Nicks)
11. Pin Curls
12. Blue Skies
13. Trauma

Bonus:

14. Pink Moon

wheart 05-04-2017 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanJT (Post 1208944)
Release Date: May 26th by Interscope Records
Genre: Dream Pop, Alternative Pop, Indie
Recording: 2014-2017

01. Lust for Life (featuring The Weekend)
02. Architecture
03. Love
04. Tomorrow Never Came (featuring Sean Lennon)
05. Yosemite
06. Born Again
07. Drive
08. Nightshade
09. Dahlia (featuring Marina and The Diamonds)
10. Smoke and Mirrors (featuring Stevie Nicks)
11. Pin Curls
12. Blue Skies
13. Trauma

Bonus:

14. Pink Moon

OMG This cannot get any better for me! Not only is there a Stevie collaboration but she is also doing a song with Marina & The Diamonds who I really, really love! Let's hope this info is accurate.

Nathan 05-04-2017 08:57 PM

Smoke and Mirrors! Cool title. 😎

Jondalar 05-05-2017 05:15 AM

Her last album was her best. It was on a bunch of critics top 20 list of best albums of the year. Already, the title track is great. I cannot wait for this.

SeanJT 05-05-2017 06:47 AM

Hey, guys...it looks wonderful, but I will believe it when it really comes out. The one thing we know for sure is that Stevie is on the album because we see it from multiple news sources.

lilyfee 05-06-2017 02:43 PM

I wonder who wrote it. Smoke and Mirrors doesn't sound like a Stevie title.

SisterNightroad 05-06-2017 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilyfee (Post 1209077)
I wonder who wrote it. Smoke and Mirrors doesn't sound like a Stevie title.

But I'd say it could very well sound like a Lana del Rey song title. Actually I'd say the "Mirror" part is very Stevie while the smoke part is probably very Lana?

nightbird89 05-06-2017 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1209083)
But I'd say it could very well sound like a Lana del Rey song title. Actually I'd say the "Mirror" part is very Stevie while the smoke part is probably very Lana?

This, completely!! Definitely could be a co write, and the title is very Lana. I'm a huge fan of her's so this is very exciting to me!

dreamsunwind 05-06-2017 09:04 PM

lol looking forward to the new crop of hipster stevie fans, first they came from AHS, now lana del ray, i wonder what'll be next

BombaySapphire3 05-06-2017 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1209101)
lol looking forward to the new crop of hipster stevie fans, first they came from AHS, now lana del ray, i wonder what'll be next

Maybe she can join the Fleet Foxes:lol:

Jondalar 05-06-2017 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1209101)

Speaking of American Horror Story, Ryan Murphy, its creator also created Feud. The first season was about Betty Davis and Joan Crawfords feud. Since we know he is a fan of Stevie's, let's hope that one of the seasons will be about Stevie and Lindsey's feud.

BombaySapphire3 05-07-2017 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1209105)
Speaking of American Horror Story, Ryan Murphy, its creator also created Feud. The first season was about Betty Davis and Joan Crawfords feud. Since we know he is a fan of Stevie's, let's hope that one of the seasons will be about Stevie and Lindsey's feud.

Right ..they can start holding auditions at Night of 1,000 Stevies to find someone to play her.