The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mick Fleetwood on His Peter Green Tribute Show, Future Plans, and Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58846)

KenshiMaster16 01-30-2020 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1256064)
Excuse me??? Errr.. what's the name of that singer-songwriter... who wrote a song that became #4 (#5 in UK) and another song #14 (#4 in UK, #1 in Peru and Belgium) and perform another song that really rocked during the Tango Tour and her (with LB) tour in 2017?? mmm.. Christine McVie? Yes, it was Christine McVie. Three songs from TITN became singles.

And i read Buckingham in just 3 of the 12 songs in the album. Plus 4 songs where he is cowriter (3 of those with Christine, were those songs to be included in his unreleased solo work?).

Probably meant songs offered up during the sessions of the album, not necessarily what actually made the final tracklisting.

jbrownsjr 01-30-2020 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1256063)
Control of the band? That was the actual reason? It sounds really an excuse to me. Or a consequence instead of a cause. I mean, there was always the suspect that since Bella Donna she seemed to have more interest in her solo career than in being in the band. Mirage tour was very short, among her two solo albums. She arrived just at the end of the Tango recording sessions (yes, after rehab, but anyway I think she prioritized more her solo career). Did she want to take control of the album recording sessions? Of the past tours? I never heard that.

And all of the sudden she wants to take control of Fleetwood Mac? I don't get it. I still think there were more things that we don't know. And I don't mean she is innocent. I just think that's not the whole or main reason.

Let me summarize it for you: $he wanted him out because $he is full of hate and jealousy. So, $he took control of the band with her $tarpower to oust him. We can speculate all we want for reasons. But, the truth is finally coming out. It wasn't due to touring or business conflicts, the lies that $he originally $pewed. It was because $he wanted to be happy with her entourage (people $he can control) Happy calling the $hots.

Mick, John, Christine would have been more than happy touring w/ Lindsey again. $tevie used her starpower to hold a gun to their head.

elle 01-30-2020 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1256069)
So, $he took control of the band with her $tarpower to oust him. We can speculate all we want for reasons. But, the truth is finally coming out. It wasn't due to touring or business conflicts, the lies that $he originally $pewed. It was because $he wanted to be happy with her entourage (people $he can control) Happy calling the $hots.

Mick, John, Christine would have been more than happy touring w/ Lindsey again. $tevie used her starpower to hold a gun to their head.

Perfectly spelled out.

I’m actually mildly amused that people who have been following this band for decades and researched them so much still don’t get their dynamic. General public? Sure. But people who followed this band forever I would expect to understand the dynamic behind the scenes. Fight for power and control. Who’s the boss?

jbrownsjr 01-30-2020 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1256070)
Perfectly spelled out.

I’m actually mildly amused that people who have been following this band for decades and researched them so much still don’t get their dynamic. General public? Sure. But people who followed this band forever I would expect to understand the dynamic behind the scenes. Fight for power and control. Who’s the boss?

"I'm not the boss of this band." = "I'm totally the boss of this band.":shocked:

Nicks Fan 01-30-2020 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 (Post 1256068)
Probably meant songs offered up during the sessions of the album, not necessarily what actually made the final tracklisting.

A friend of mine wrote this on Facebook. It could be a mistake or like you said they were referencing what he offered initially.

Nicks Fan 01-30-2020 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1256070)
Perfectly spelled out.

Not just that but most hard core fans who know more to the bands history then the casual fans yet still play the ignorance game with respect to the bands history. They quote from discredited tell all's and such when they KNOW it is BS. I truly think some of them have elevated her to some god like figure and they don't want to admit she is a flawed person and for once she might be in the wrong here. As a friend said I wouldn't want these people on a jury.

Nicks Fan 01-30-2020 12:55 PM

What does it say about those hard core Stevie fans when they won't even believe stuff that comes directly from the horses mouth whether it is hers or Micks? Or when a trashy tabloid tell all that any year would have been widely dismissed is now seen as the gospel truth.

BigAl84 01-30-2020 01:37 PM

Lindsey during the tango sessions:
https://media.giphy.com/media/INeHYuRFNxdja/giphy.gif

Mick during the tango sessions:
https://media.giphy.com/media/BogLXBYXGf6zC/giphy.gif

Stevie during the tango sessions:
https://media.giphy.com/media/lJ5DnX03kugGA/giphy.gif

bombaysaffires 01-30-2020 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1256078)

O.M.G. That is f*****g HILARIOUS! :lol: :thumbsup:

Villavic 01-30-2020 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicks Fan (Post 1256075)
I truly think some of them have elevated her to some god like figure and they don't want to admit she is a flawed person and for once she might be in the wrong here.

I was going to say Not my case, but... isn't she that celtic moon goddess born at the first moon rise and known as the Divine Queen of Faeries? Goddess of fertility, rebirth, wisdom, magick, transformation, beauty, artistic inspiration and poetry???

https://i.pinimg.com/600x315/4d/9e/3...87b139637e.jpg

button-lip 01-30-2020 06:20 PM

Quote:

This should be the cover of their next tell-all book.

BigAl84 01-30-2020 08:24 PM

A hahahahaha hahahah I’m glad ya’ll found this amusing.

jmn3 01-30-2020 09:57 PM

Quote:

Amazing... :thumbsup:

lovethemac1 01-30-2020 10:19 PM

Quote:

HAHAHAHAHA, I laughed out loud. So so funny🤣

button-lip 01-30-2020 11:04 PM

Can't stop looking at that White Dust Rat…. :lol::lol::lol: So cute! :cool: