The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hold Me (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=40164)

cristochango 05-05-2009 08:54 PM

Hold Me

I think I know the answer to this, but does Stevie even sing on Hold Me?

Street_Dreamer 05-05-2009 09:12 PM

She does.

Matt

cristochango 05-05-2009 09:12 PM

haha I cant hear her

drzubritsky 05-05-2009 09:34 PM

I can't hear any Stevie vocals on "Hold Me"; I always thought it was a Christine/Lindsey duet. While I usually prefer the three-part harmony sound, "Hold Me" actually works quite well with just McVie and Buckingham.

Come to think of it, Stevie's vocal contributions to "Mirage" are pretty sparse, as they would be with "Tango In The Night" five years later. She sings on her three songs and adds harmonies to "Love In Store" and that's it.

I thought for years that she was singing backup on "Book Of Love", but Lindsey indicated in a long-ago interview that he manipulated his own voice and made it sound like Stevie.

LukeA 05-05-2009 10:52 PM

No, she doesn't.

Villavic 05-05-2009 10:54 PM

I think all singers sing in all studio versions except great exceptions like Songbird or Never going back again. But sometimes voices are hardly listened in some songs just to achieve the adequated harmony

Moz 05-05-2009 11:45 PM

Yeah, I can't hear Stevie on it either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drzubritsky (Post 819104)
I thought for years that she was singing backup on "Book Of Love", but Lindsey indicated in a long-ago interview that he manipulated his own voice and made it sound like Stevie.

Lindsey sure loves those vocal manipulations, don't you think? He started early, too. I think Tusk was the first album he did that with.. perhaps earlier, on Gold Dust Woman - near the end there is some eerie noise and I'm not sure if it's Stevie, a guitar, or Lindsey messing around in the studio.

EnchantedKiwi 05-05-2009 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 819119)
I think all singers sing in all studio versions except great exceptions like Songbird or Never going back again. But sometimes voices are hardly listened in some songs just to achieve the adequated harmony

Christine and Stevie are on Never going back again, after he goes "never going back againnnn!" They go "mmmmmm" with him hahaha :laugh:

Well i think it counts :wavey:

David 05-05-2009 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cristochango (Post 819095)
I think I know the answer to this, but does Stevie even sing on Hold Me?

We know she does on tour. ;)

As for studio cuts, they're impossibly crafted & combined on FM albums. There's no telling for sure who's on what unless it's plain & clear to the ear. Otherwise it's like trying to identify a specific squiggle in a Jackson Pollock painting.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...r-One-1948.jpg

GarboSpeaks! 05-06-2009 12:50 AM

My most FAVORITE song by FM as a band ever. I am sure I hear Stevie in the vocals, but maybe not. I listen to it VERY loudly. I love that song.
Did I mention I love that song? lol

shackin'up 05-06-2009 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 819131)
Otherwise it's like trying to identify a specific squiggle in a Jackson Pollock painting.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...r-One-1948.jpg

Hahahaha! david, that's the best metaphor in years!:thumbsup:

Sanne2 05-06-2009 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moz (Post 819127)
on Gold Dust Woman - near the end there is some eerie noise and I'm not sure if it's Stevie, a guitar, or Lindsey messing around in the studio.

According to the Rumours Classic Albums doc it's Lindsey messing around with guitar sounds, but I'm not entirely convinced it isn't (partially) Stevie.

michelej1 05-06-2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 819131)
We know she does on tour. ;)

Judging from the Us Festival video, she doesn't look like she likes to do it on tour.

Michele

David 05-06-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 819178)
Judging from the Us Festival video, she doesn't look like she likes to do it on tour.

I don't remember.

Hey, wasn't there a pre-Mirage print interview in which Stevie said that the band had just finished recording a Chris McVie song & that it was really great? She called it extraordinary or something -- but she didn't identify the title. I always figured it was either "Hold Me" or "Love in Store." But the comment Stevie made implied that she herself had tracked on it.

michelej1 05-06-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 819179)
I don't remember.

Hey, wasn't there a pre-Mirage print interview in which Stevie said that the band had just finished recording a Chris McVie song & that it was really great? She called it extraordinary or something -- but she didn't identify the title. I always figured it was either "Hold Me" or "Love in Store." But the comment Stevie made implied that she herself had tracked on it.

Remember when she said she sometimes had to go drag Lindsey and make him sing back up harmony on some songs, because she refused to have no singing on their songs?

Michele