The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fritz Photographs + Recording Now Available -- 'Georgia'! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=15290)

ThePenguin 07-12-2004 07:13 PM

Fritz Photographs + Recording Now Available -- 'Georgia'!

Fritz Biography: We are pleased to have updated the Fritz biography. Included are Javier Pacheco's review and photographs of the Fritz reunion at the June 27th Concord Pavillion show. ALSO-- Javier has let us post a Fritz recording from the summer of 1968-- a cover of Ray Charles' 'Georgia'. To our knowledge, this is the oldest recording with Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham available and gives you an EXTREMELY rare chance to hear the music of Fritz! Possibly more to come...

- Marty

EnchantedSLN 07-12-2004 07:26 PM

Downloading now. Thank you Javier, for supplying this, and Marty & Lis, for posting!!

wondergirl9847 07-12-2004 07:31 PM

Holy Crap!!!!!

Thanks Javier....so much for sharing the pics and the song with us!! Thanks to Marty and Lisa for putting this up!!!!!!

AWESOME!! Off to listen to it again!!

David 07-12-2004 07:43 PM

Hey! Javier's got some tastly organ fills for such a young guy!

Is that Buckingham on bass?

Merf 07-12-2004 08:27 PM

Thank you Marty, Lisa & Javier!! And to Javier for supplying the pictures :) :wavey:

strandinthewind 07-12-2004 09:57 PM

Thanks for posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LilyRose 07-12-2004 11:29 PM

Thank you so much!

But am I the only one that can't get the song to work. I click on the "Fritz" logo, click that I agree w/ the privacy, and it says "Page Not Found"...

Anyone else???

Susie

golddust 07-12-2004 11:34 PM

Wow! thanks so much. I loved Georgia.

gldstwmn 07-12-2004 11:44 PM

Wow! This is great. :) The photos are great. I hear just a tad of the Janis Joplin influence in Stevie's vocal here. :thumbsup:

tynan88 07-13-2004 02:03 AM

:thumbsup: :wavey: :blob2:

What else is there to say??? :laugh:

Tynan

tynan88 07-13-2004 02:12 AM

That's a great pic of Javier and Stevie at the top.

Tynan

Patti 07-13-2004 08:07 AM

This is great! Thanks to Javier, Marty and Lis for allowing us the opportunity hear this clip--they sound great!!!!

Patti

Gypsy-Rhiannon 07-13-2004 08:38 AM

Excellent stuff! Thanks for this to everyone involved! Love the recent picture of Stevie and Javier!

Pip

golddustwoman77 07-13-2004 09:18 AM

Thank you for sharing these things, Javier! :xoxo:

Livia 07-13-2004 09:48 AM

Thanks, Javier!! :xoxo: I've got goosebumps listening to this! :laugh:

golden braid 07-13-2004 12:37 PM

Awesome! I loved seeing the pictures and hearing Georgia. Thank you so much. :blob1:

goldie 07-13-2004 10:13 PM

This is so awesome! I LOVE Stevie's voice.

cliffdweller 07-14-2004 12:42 PM

Awesome!! Thank you so much!

:wavey:

GardenStateGirlie 07-14-2004 03:15 PM

Thanks so much for hosting Marty and Lis and much thanks to Javier for letting us have a listen and see the photos!! :wavey:

javier 07-14-2004 04:07 PM

I love that quote. IT is so right! ("If you live long enough, everything happens."~Katharine Hepburn, 1907-2003)
At long last, there may be a chance for a Fritz musical reunion. After years of being patient, I felt I had to share some of these tracks, rather than bore people with speculation about whether Fritz was a valuable piece of Rock history or no. You will have a chance to make up your minds after you've heard several more samplers recorded from different times between 1967-71 (which are coming, via Marty and Lisa). I believe L&S are coming to the realization that their past does indeed enhance their legacy, not detract from it.

LilyRose 07-14-2004 04:10 PM

Thank you so much again, Javier. I couldn't get "Georgia" to work for me at home, but I was able to listen to it at work. I loved it! :] So cool to hear!

Now I just can't wait to hear more.

Susie

GardenStateGirlie 07-14-2004 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by javier
I love that quote. IT is so right! ("If you live long enough, everything happens."~Katharine Hepburn, 1907-2003)
At long last, there may be a chance for a Fritz musical reunion. After years of being patient, I felt I had to share some of these tracks, rather than bore people with speculation about whether Fritz was a valuable piece of Rock history or no. You will have a chance to make up your minds after you've heard several more samplers recorded from different times between 1967-71 (which are coming, via Marty and Lisa). I believe L&S are coming to the realization that their past does indeed enhance their legacy, not detract from it.

Well, i'm sure that in reading this board you can see we're up for whatever you have to offer us and that we're thankful for anything you can share. I think it would be amazing if you all reunited and recorded together again in some capacity. I'd love to hear what you all could do now and I don't think you'd dissapoint. Indeed, Fritz does inhance their legacy. Looking forward to it!

ShangriLaTroubl 07-16-2004 06:39 PM

How weird...right as I hit REPLY, "Georgia" by Ray Charles came on the radio..

ANYWAY...I think this recording is incredible because it really shows the power of Stevie's voice, even at that young age...even then there was something, something you cannot really put your finger on...about that voice and the power it has...very incredible...thanks for sharing this with us

Chris

Lorraine 07-22-2004 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by javier

Thanks Javier, I'm a bit late in listening to it but once I spotted it I had to listen. It does seem very different to what they are doing now but I can see where the influences came from and it was lovely to hear that sample. A very relaxing, soothing piece, thank you for sharing with us. Are you planning to put a Fritz CD out, is there one already out????? Forgive me for being ignorant here or if I've missed something.

Thanks once again.

Lorraine :)

Gwillaker 07-22-2004 11:05 AM

Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janet 07-24-2004 02:15 AM

God that was amazing! Thank you so much! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!