The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What should Fleetwood Mac do about Stevie Nicks? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56707)

Jondalar 12-20-2016 12:41 PM

What should Fleetwood Mac do about Stevie Nicks since she refuses to record w/them?

What should Fleetwood Mac do about Stevie Nicks since she refuses to record w/them?

FuzzyPlum 12-20-2016 01:07 PM

Finish the album- which hopefully won't take long as they won't need to faff around with Stevie and her songs or backing vocals. Put out the Tango In The Night deluxe in early 2017 and quickly follow it up with the new album release. Tour through most of 2017: mostly US but also a small European leg (I'd like to say 'Down under' too but I'm not sure that would be feasible in the timeframe)
Peter and Jeremy to join them on stage for a couple of UK shows.
late 2017: rest
Then tour again. If Stevie wishes to join them at this point she can do.

SteveMacD 12-20-2016 01:45 PM

I'd tell her that "we're going to get back to making albums and touring behind them, you're free to join us whenever you want, but we're not going to wait for you and we're not going to beg you to be involved."

SisterNightroad 12-20-2016 03:00 PM

Cover her head with a black sack and kidnap her?

SmthngOfADreamr 12-20-2016 03:02 PM

I'm tired of the same old greatest hits tour with one or two deep cuts. I really do love Stevie a lot, and Fleetwood Mac as well, but they haven't released a full album in 13 years. That's an insane amount of time. It's to the point where their tours are now an embarrassing nostalgia act that they can phone in. I also think it's unfathomable that Stevie wouldn't want to record one last album with all 5.

That's why I think that if she refuses to record they should show her the door. No more nostalgia tours. Let them release a new album without her and tour behind it.

louielouie2000 12-20-2016 03:27 PM

The band told Christine in 2003 that she could not record without touring. It's only fair the reverse ultimatum be imposed on Stevie now: she cannot tour without recording.

HomerMcvie 12-20-2016 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1198406)
Cover her head with a black sack and kidnap her?

You've got the first part correct. A concrete block and rope are involved in the latter! ;)

SisterNightroad 12-20-2016 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1198414)
You've got the first part correct. A concrete block and rope are involved in the latter! ;)

And then the next day we'll receive dead fish wrapped in Stevie's silk chiffon shawl as in The Godfather?

aleuzzi 12-20-2016 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1198411)
The band told Christine in 2003 that she could not record without touring. It's only fair the reverse ultimatum be imposed on Stevie now: she cannot tour without recording.

I think that's why option three is best. Do the album, do a small tour without her, then do another post-album goodbye tour with her.

SteveMacD 12-20-2016 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1198411)

If it wasn't so late in their careers, I'd agree. But they realistically have like five years left at most, so why not at least try to go out with the full classic lineup? Unless they plan on doing something radical over the next five years, a la the the last series of Johnny Cash albums, I don't see a good reason to just get rid of Stevie at this stage of the game.

shackin'up 12-20-2016 05:05 PM

Finish album, tour as a fourpiece, then as a fivepiece.

Or just disband. And finish the album as Buckwood Mac and move on.

Newzchspy 12-20-2016 05:37 PM

THIS IS THE PENDING QUESTION:What should Fleetwood Mac do about Stevie Nicks since she refuses to record w/them?

More accurately, What should Stevie Nicks do about Fleetwood Mac since she refuses to record with them?? The ball is much more in her COURT than Mick's, John, Chris and Lindsey!! Without Stevie, in 2017, there is NO Fleetwood Mac.

mylittledemon 12-20-2016 05:50 PM

I want them to tour again. Then finish the record with Christine and Stevie, and then tour again. Or at least finish the album before they call it quits.

A thought... Maybe Stevie doesn't want to record again because she simply doesn't have the quality of songs she'd like to contribute to a new Mac record?

Jondalar 12-20-2016 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newzchspy (Post 1198428)
THIS IS THE PENDING QUESTION:What should Fleetwood Mac do about Stevie Nicks since she refuses to record w/them?

More accurately, What should Stevie Nicks do about Fleetwood Mac since she refuses to record with them?? The ball is much more in her COURT than Mick's, John, Chris and Lindsey!! Without Stevie, in 2017, there is NO Fleetwood Mac.

That's not true, especially in Europe and because the members are already rich. That is just your bias.

Creatively the ball is much more in Lindsey's and Christine's court. Do you really think she is going to contribute the best songs to a new album? Hers will be the throwaways. It's very sad but it's probably for the best that she stay away.

elle 12-20-2016 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylittledemon (Post 1198431)
I want them to tour again. Then finish the record with Christine and Stevie, and then tour again. Or at least finish the album before they call it quits.

A thought... Maybe Stevie doesn't want to record again because she simply doesn't have the quality of songs she'd like to contribute to a new Mac record?

that's been prevailing opinion, it seems.

either way, the most sensible option and win-win for all the band members plus most of the fans is: "finish the album and do a small tour without her, but then do a big tour with her"

happy to see at least nobody is for "just disband" option but i have to wonder who are 3 votes for "They should not record anything new and just tour with Stevie as Fleetwood Mac"? pretty shocking! :rolleyes:

nice poll. :nod: