The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stevie at RHOF "MY band that is still together." (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58640)

TrueFaith77 04-01-2019 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1251553)
I doubt, if in the history of the world, that any CREDIBLE person has ever called $tevie Nicks a genius.

The dumbass can't even turn on her TV or lights!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well a friend of mine whom a college professor once referred to as “consistently the best writer on pop music today” once said about Lindsey and Stevie:

“They are both geniuses, but Lindsey is the smart one.”

elle 04-01-2019 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1251502)
“I will stand with my band
Stand with my band”

:distress: every time i think of those lyrics, it just makes me so sad for him. he loved this band so much. he was so proud of it. it was his band.

now it's hers.

now she gloats. her band is now complete.

instead of moving on after winning, she is still stuck on sticking it to him. he was just some bassist in Fritz, right? (apparently his singing in that band never happened! :rolleyes: remember when Xavier or somebody said they got Stevie in as a singer but she didn't have the range to sing half of their songs so Lindsey had to sing them?). lucky for him Stevie got him outta Fritz to start Buckingham Nicks. :lol: :angel:

loved the huge cheers from the audience when Harry mentioned Lindsey Buckingham! :thumbsup:

ah and the cleaning lady vs pothead story keeps getting more and more extreme. now it became - lucky for Lindsey, Richard & co, at least they were working on the music so she couldn't charge them for cleaning her own house. ;) and she couldn't be bothered by actually working on music - you know, like talking about bars? how stupid and boring! when there are bars outside she could go to and hang out with people!

looks like Harry being there as an inroad to a whole another huge audience quickly backfired by the NSYNC reference. :cool:

michelej1 04-01-2019 11:31 PM

Stevie was a poet. Her talent was creating porous words and phrases that could be woven around your emotions and her voice could express those emotions. Even when she didn’t write the words, her voice made them hers and lent meaning where none would otherwise exist.

As Lindsey said, she had an innate sense of rhythm. She knew when to start and when to stop. It’s not a small talent. It’s a great one and it is a genius of sorts.

But she’s always been a self-centered, ditzy, liar and the bad traits grew and overshadowed any good ones she once possessed. At the same time, her talent ebbed. Perhaps, the two things are connected. I don’t say her abilities are completely gone. I thought the IYD album was largely a success and maybe she’s capable of more. But today, I look at her and see the same menace that devoured Dorian Gray on the inside, while his exterior remained unmarred.

elle 04-01-2019 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1251517)
For a woman who has rightfully made a lot of noise about her being the first woman to be inducted twice, I bristled at the end of her speech when she spoke of her woman manager and how hard it is for her to take direction from anyone, "especially another girl."

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1251535)
Yes, that was a problem. Although Stevie has always been an old-fashioned sexist. It’s her generation, I suppose.

for a woman who has been presenting herself as a trailblazer for women and as a feminist, she had a perfect platform to further women’s causes. instead she poopoo-ed women in both her speech, and by her choice of male presenter. plus she chose to duet with 2 men. it was a woman, Sheryl Louis, who took her into stratosphere of popularity in the last few years.

Janet did it right in her speech.

michelej1 04-02-2019 12:03 AM

Well, that’s where the age difference between Stevie and Janet shows. I mean it was best embodied when Madonna kissed Britney and Christina and Stevie was appalled. She’s from a different era.

mitzo 04-02-2019 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1251587)
Stevie was a poet. Her talent was creating porous words and phrases that could be woven around your emotions and her voice could express those emotions. Even when she didn’t write the words, her voice made them hers and lent meaning where none would otherwise exist.

As Lindsey said, she had an innate sense of rhythm. She knew when to start and when to stop. It’s not a small talent. It’s a great one and it is a genius of sorts.

But she’s always been a self-centered, ditzy, liar and the bad traits grew and overshadowed any good ones she once possessed. At the same time, her talent ebbed. Perhaps, the two things are connected. I don’t say her abilities are completely gone. I thought the IYD album was largely a success and maybe she’s capable of more. But today, I look at her and see the same menace that devoured Dorian Gray on the inside, while his exterior remained unmarred.

Agreed, I have always seen her as a self absorbed ditz with borderline personality, it is even in the song lyrics. The giant ego and the ultimate firing of Buckingham actually are no surprise to me. But it doesn't hit me in the feels like it does many here.

SteveMacD 04-02-2019 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1251594)
Agreed, I have always seen her as a self absorbed ditz with borderline personality

Or, as she calls it, a Gemini.

jbrownsjr 04-02-2019 08:52 AM

Quote:

Agreed, I have always seen her as a self absorbed ditz with borderline personality, it is even in the song lyrics. The giant ego and the ultimate firing of Buckingham actually are no surprise to me. But it doesn't hit me in the feels like it does many here.

What hits me is the way it was done. And maybe that's the self absorbed part that you mention. But, not to even acknowledge his calls, emails, or even olive branch to make things right.... Just cruel. Made my skin crawl a bit.

button-lip 04-02-2019 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1251596)
What hits me is the way it was done. And maybe that's the self absorbed part that you mention. But, not to even acknowledge his calls, emails, or even olive branch to make things right.... Just cruel. Made my skin crawl a bit.

That was I was always been saying:

1. You want to kick him out of the band because you can't stand working with him anymore? Fine. But if you think what you're doing is correct, then why the lies at the beginning? Why the cold shoulder? Why ignoring his calls, his emails? I think after all these years, he deserves an explanation. Or they think he doesn't?

2. And once everything is out in the open, why the constant need to bash him, to say things like "we're happier now that we have ever been", "my band is still together"? After all these years, you already got rid of him. So stop twisting the knife while he's already on the floor trying to stand up again. :distress:

I honestly don't care if her fans think the band's behavior toward Lindsey is "what many bands do" because that's not true. Trying to diminish what they have done and trying to sweep everything under the rug won't work. Their behavior towards Lindsey, aside from the firing, is despicable.

After seeing Def Leppard's speech last Friday at the RRHOF, talking about their brotherhood and their friendship with Brian May, after seeing Keith Richards' comments about Mick Jagger's health condition, you can't help but feel pity for what Fleetwood Mac has become. :distress:

lovethemac1 04-02-2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1251597)
That was I was always been saying:

1. You want to kick him out of the band because you can't stand working with him anymore? Fine. But if you think what you're doing is correct, then why the lies at the beginning? Why the cold shoulder? Why ignoring his calls, his emails? I think after all these years, he deserves an explanation. Or they think he doesn't?

2. And once everything is out in the open, why the constant need to bash him, to say things like "we're happier now that we have ever been", "my band is still together"? After all these years, you already got rid of him. So stop twisting the knife while he's already on the floor trying to stand up again. :distress:

I honestly don't care if her fans think the band's behavior toward Lindsey is "what many bands do" because that's not true. Trying to diminish what they have done and trying to sweep everything under the rug won't work. Their behavior towards Lindsey, aside from the firing, is despicable.

After seeing Def Leppard's speech last Friday at the RRHOF, talking about their brotherhood and their friendship with Brian May, after seeing Keith Richards' comments about Mick Jagger's health condition, you can't help but feel pity for what Fleetwood Mac has become. :distress:

Exactly. Just because some bands treat each other poorly doesn't make it right. There are plenty of other bands can treat each other with respect.

It's like friendships and relationships. Some people treat each other poorly, and some don't. But just because lot's of people treat others poorly, it doesn't mean that that behavior is ok. I sometimes wonder if the people who keep chiming in about "get over it" or "it's people we don't know so who cares" or "doesn't impact me so I don't give a rats ass," do these people think it's ok to treat others in their lives this way? Because they certainly want to give Stevie, et al., a pass on this horrendous behavior. Behavior which keeps sinking to new lows. And as a previous MEGA fan, I can't get away from my disappointment in them. As I would be if they had behaved this way to anyone in the band, not just Lindsey.:(

David 04-02-2019 12:48 PM

Quote:

Agreed, I have always seen her as a self absorbed ditz with borderline personality, it is even in the song lyrics. The giant ego and the ultimate firing of Buckingham actually are no surprise to me.

Some people saw those qualities all along. Was it Stephen Holden or another Rolling Stone critic who, back in 1981 reviewing Bella Donna, asked, "How can somebody so hip also be so incredibly silly?"? And Robert Hilburn, reviewing the Mac's spectacularly good concert in Irvine CA in 1982 for the L.A. Times, said of Stevie: "She has even shed some (though far from all) of the narcissistic aura that has made her something of a caricature in rock." My mind fills in with all these characterizations of Stevie—remember John Swenson's Rolling Stone review of the band's Madison Square Garden stop in 1977? Something about Stevie's stage business being literary in a bad way, but adding that "she gets away with her devices more often than not" because she "has undeniable charisma."

And then there's her singing voice—she picked up bits and pieces of style from Tom Petty, Brenda Lee, Jackie Wilson, and maybe even Ray Charles, but most of it is really and truly her own and sounds like no one else. That's her genius, in my opinion, that and her onstage (and offstage) character with its otherworldly traits, a combination of a Greek nymph or demiurge and a decadent nineteenth-century writer. But that appeal has always been elusive and youth-bound; it got sillier and more awkward as she grew older. For several years now, it's felt desperate. That's why newspaper writers have many of them likened her to Norma Desmond or Miss Havisham or even Sylvia Browne or some other drifting psychic mess. She's being feted these days solely because she's quaint and she has longevity. All these younger musicians who adore her never mention a recent song. None of her recent songs have had any impression on people or on the culture (although that's nothing to blame her for because it's true of millions of old stars like her).

BombaySapphire3 04-02-2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1251602)

None of her recent songs have had any impression on people or on the culture (although that's nothing to blame her for because it's true of millions of old stars like her).

Her period of magical songwriting where everything seemed to come together ended sometime in the mid 1980s.. there have been some sporadic moments since then. Her work during her prime and most especially with Fleetwood Mac was sublime and unrepeatable by her or anyone else since then IMHO. It is that handful of songs that keeps the younger artists coming back year after year.

iamnotafraid 04-02-2019 01:50 PM

Quote:

And then there's her singing voice—she picked up bits and pieces of style from Tom Petty, Brenda Lee, Jackie Wilson, and maybe even Ray Charles, but most of it is really and truly her own and sounds like no one else. That's her genius...

Care to elaborate David? I can't see or hear anything
resembling her to Ray, Jackie or little miss dynamite.

aleuzzi 04-02-2019 02:20 PM

Quote:

She's being feted these days solely because she's quaint and she has longevity. All these younger musicians who adore her never mention a recent song. None of her recent songs have had any impression on people or on the culture (although that's nothing to blame her for because it's true of millions of old stars like her).

This is true and unfortunate, since some of the material from her last three solo albums is really good. And I'm someone who thinks IN YOUR DREAMS was an excellent return to the studio.

michelej1 04-02-2019 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1251608)
This is true and unfortunate, since some of the material from her last three solo albums is really good. And I'm someone who thinks IN YOUR DREAMS was an excellent return to the studio.

Excluding Cheaper Than Free, which was beyond horrid, I think IYD was quite commendable.

luminol 04-02-2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Some people saw those qualities all along. Was it Stephen Holden or another Rolling Stone critic who, back in 1981 reviewing Bella Donna, asked, "How can somebody so hip also be so incredibly silly?"? And Robert Hilburn, reviewing the Mac's spectacularly good concert in Irvine CA in 1982 for the L.A. Times, said of Stevie: "She has even shed some (though far from all) of the narcissistic aura that has made her something of a caricature in rock." My mind fills in with all these characterizations of Stevie—remember John Swenson's Rolling Stone review of the band's Madison Square Garden stop in 1977? Something about Stevie's stage business being literary in a bad way, but adding that "she gets away with her devices more often than not" because she "has undeniable charisma."

....That's her genius, in my opinion, that and her onstage (and offstage) character with its otherworldly traits, a combination of a Greek nymph or demiurge and a decadent nineteenth-century writer. But that appeal has always been elusive and youth-bound; it got sillier and more awkward as she grew older. For several years now, it's felt desperate.

The bolded part nailed it. I realize it sounds (and probably is) ageist, but there is no denying the difference in effect watching her late 70s/early 80s stage presence and now. It is completely understandable that things change after 40 years -- of course, she's 40 years older! However, SHE needs to be self-aware enough to stop milking the same stage show she's been doing for 40 years. CHANGE WITH THE TIMES. You look RIDICULOUS in that same lace shawl, black Victorian whatever dress and platforms now. You look RIDICULOUS "twirling" like a hunchback clunking around in those platforms with your ankles about to cave inwards.

She was magnetic back then.... now she looks ridiculous and embarrassing. No self awareness in the slightest despite being completely focused on nothing but herself. She is a parody of her younger self... as if I'm watching a comedian make fun of her on SNL only she really is the joke.

BombaySapphire3 04-02-2019 03:24 PM

Quote:

I have known that for years myself . I think my fandom even predates yours since I recall you mentioning that you came on because of her Tusk songs. She had likely wanted Lindsey out for years and waited for the right moment. This is why my disdain for the Mick and the McVies is even greater. They chose pure greed over creativity when they gave Lindsey the boot.

michelej1 04-02-2019 03:27 PM

Except for the foot gear, I think her stage attire is fine and timeless. Come on, it was odder for her to wear the shawls when she was a young woman than it is now. Just as she told us was her plan all along, she managed to choose a costume that would age with her. Unlike Cher who is flitting around in flesh-colored body suits trimmed in her old sequined Bob Mackie designs. Yuck.

With Stevie, it's the twirling, kicks and GDW dance that need to stop, imo.

luminol 04-02-2019 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1251616)
Except for the foot gear, I think her stage attire is fine and timeless. Come on, it was odder for her to wear the shawls when she was a young woman than it is now. Just as she told us was her plan all along, she managed to choose a costume that would age with her. Unlike Cher who is flitting around in flesh-colored body suits trimmed in her old sequined Bob Mackie designs. Yuck.

With Stevie, it's the twirling, kicks and GDW dance that need to stop, imo.

Fair points. Yes, I think if the twirling and ridiculous dances/arm motions were to stop, then her outfits wouldn't seem so silly. It's her actions that are so embarrassing. Though I really have a problem with her platforms. She can't walk in them; I remember she told a friend of mine on the 2014-2015 tour that she can barely walk in them, that they are extremely painful, that's why she has to take the breaks DURING the sets, etc. She even told her that "there was no way she can tour again" because of how worn out she gets on stage. THEN WHY WEAR THEM?? *face palm* Just dumb.

TheWildHeart67 04-02-2019 03:43 PM

Quote:

The bolded part nailed it. I realize it sounds (and probably is) ageist, but there is no denying the difference in effect watching her late 70s/early 80s stage presence and now. It is completely understandable that things change after 40 years -- of course, she's 40 years older! However, SHE needs to be self-aware enough to stop milking the same stage show she's been doing for 40 years. CHANGE WITH THE TIMES. You look RIDICULOUS in that same lace shawl, black Victorian whatever dress and platforms now. You look RIDICULOUS "twirling" like a hunchback clunking around in those platforms with your ankles about to cave inwards.

She was magnetic back then.... now she looks ridiculous and embarrassing. No self awareness in the slightest despite being completely focused on nothing but herself. She is a parody of her younger self... as if I'm watching a comedian make fun of her on SNL only she really is the joke.
She doesn't need to change anything at this point, as her stage show still packs a huge crowd. She's almost 71. She will retire soon. Her legacy is sealed. Many people on these boards may hate her, but the general public likes her, and the critics pretty much like her these days.

BombaySapphire3 04-02-2019 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 (Post 1251618)
She's almost 71. She will retire soon.

She just said that she is not planning on going anywhere until at least 80:rolleyes:

Feather Blade 04-02-2019 05:08 PM

Courtesy of Kak125 and posted in the thread about the RRHOF on the Stevie side. It addresses a forgotten thank you a few people wondered about in a couple of the posts above:

Just saw this posted on Stevie’s fb page

Last Friday I was very honored to be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. I decided to speak from my heart and not from a teleprompter, and in my excitement I forgot to thank one of my best friends since 1971. My partner in crime, my musical director and lead guitarist, Waddy Wachtel. Waddy, you mean the world to me! #rockhall2019 #waddywachtel

sleepless child 04-02-2019 05:40 PM

I think there were several people she forgot to thank.

I am very surprised she didn't thank the fans who stuck by her thru the bad days. Writing a speech would have been a very good idea. How hard is it to thank the people who have helped you in your solo career? She talked only about Fleetwood Mac and the start of Bella Donna.

iamnotafraid 04-02-2019 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepless child (Post 1251626)

Did she thank her grandpa?

I listened to her speech once (and that was enough).
I just can't remember if she mentioned him.

button-lip 04-02-2019 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepless child (Post 1251626)

I am very surprised she didn't thank the fans who stuck by her thru the bad days. Writing a speech would have been a very good idea. How hard is it to thank the people who have helped you in your solo career? She talked only about Fleetwood Mac and the start of Bella Donna.

If she had spoken from her heart, she wouldn't have forgotten about Waddy and many people linked to her solo career. She lost a great opportunity because she can't let it go. She used her solo induction speech as a way to rub Lindsey in his face (once again) that she won and he lost. And she will continue doing it again and again.

She should "move on", right? :rolleyes:

HomerMcvie 04-02-2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1251630)

Like perhaps the next realm.:D

BombaySapphire3 04-02-2019 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1251633)
Like perhaps the next realm.:D

ain't happening anytime soon..she will be the last to leave..the last to be gone:laugh:

HomerMcvie 04-02-2019 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1251637)
ain't happening anytime soon..she will be the last to leave..the last to be gone:laugh:

I know. It is true, that only the good die young. Old hag is gonna outlive all of us!:wavey:

aleuzzi 04-03-2019 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather Blade (Post 1251623)
Courtesy of Kak125 and posted in the thread about the RRHOF on the Stevie side. It addresses a forgotten thank you a few people wondered about in a couple of the posts above:

Just saw this posted on Stevie’s fb page

Last Friday I was very honored to be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. I decided to speak from my heart and not from a teleprompter, and in my excitement I forgot to thank one of my best friends since 1971. My partner in crime, my musical director and lead guitarist, Waddy Wachtel. Waddy, you mean the world to me! #rockhall2019 #waddywachtel

Thanks for the update. I’m glad the omission was addressed and, to some degree, corrected.

elle 04-03-2019 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1251630)
She lost a great opportunity because she can't let it go. She used her solo induction speech as a way to rub Lindsey in his face (once again) that she won and he lost. And she will continue doing it again and again.

maybe if the band and Stevie would have moved on and stopped trashing Lindsey, the hordes of their disappointed fans would finally be able to move on too. :nod:

and maybe then we would stop having trolls derailing every thread by their negativity and commanding others to "move on" like nothing is happening. :shrug:

mitzo 04-03-2019 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1251736)
maybe if the band and Stevie would have moved on and stopped trashing Lindsey, the hordes of their disappointed fans would finally be able to move on too. :nod:

and maybe then we would stop having trolls derailing every thread by their negativity and commanding others to "move on" like nothing is happening. :shrug:

Hordes of fans are disappointed? As opposed to the hundreds of thousands paying top dollar to see the new band! One of whom is the first woman inducted twice into the RRHOF!

While on the topic of trolls, what are we doing about those who pop up in every thread to about "hag," or "goat," or, a favorite here which is untouched by monitors, "twat?"

HomerMcvie 04-03-2019 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1251739)
"twat?"

FOR the record, the whole reason I used that word is that there was a band playing at a bar I go to, called "So and so and the Twat Biscuits". It was on posters everywhere, on Facebook in multiple posts(with no one bitching about it), so perhaps you're being a bit hypersensitive here. I laughed and laughed when I saw it, and told my band that I was renaming us The Twat Biscuits! :p

Life is short. Lighten up.

button-lip 04-03-2019 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1251740)
Life is short. Lighten up.

Or maybe move on? :lol::lol:

If I were them I'd be enjoying that so deserving double! triple! quadruple! induction. :eek::eek: And I'd stop worrying about those nasty Buckaroos. :]:]:]

elle 04-03-2019 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1251739)
Hordes of fans are disappointed? As opposed to the hundreds of thousands paying top dollar to see the new band! One of whom is the first woman inducted twice into the RRHOF!

you and i probably agree on way more than we disagree - you are a very smart woman, and know exactly what i'm saying. fans do not equal general audiences. and those general audiences paid for the legendary band singalongs, not to see the "new band" - they can't care less who is in the band.

now many chiffs who normally don't go see FM and always hated LB, fueled by Stevie's constant bashing of him over decades, did go see "the new band" - that's true. fans of the band are different than fans of a single member of the band.

btw did you join those "hundreds of thousands paying top dollar"?

mitzo 04-03-2019 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1251743)
you and i probably agree on way more than we disagree - you are a very smart woman, and know exactly what i'm saying. fans do not equal general audiences. and those general audiences paid for the legendary band singalongs, not to see the "new band" - they can't care less who is in the band.

now many chiffs who normally don't go see FM and always hated LB, fueled by Stevie's constant bashing of him over decades, did go see "the new band" - that's true. fans of the band are different than fans of a single member of the band.

btw did you join those "hundreds of thousands paying top dollar"?

They do care who is in the band, they go to see Stevie.

I am not a chiff, I clearly see Stevie's narcissistic personality disorder which has been on full display for decades. But it is entertaining nonetheless.

I do not hate Lindsey, I am just totally indifferent to him and do not miss him.

Going to see the band this weekend. Not so much for singalongs, and for the record my last FM concert was Unleashed, I got really bored thereafter even with Chris's return.

I am not a woman. I am intelligent, you are right.

aleuzzi 04-07-2019 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 (Post 1251618)
She doesn't need to change anything at this point, as her stage show still packs a huge crowd. She's almost 71. She will retire soon. Her legacy is sealed. Many people on these boards may hate her, but the general public likes her, and the critics pretty much like her these days.

This is the reality, isn’t it? How many casual fans do I know who’ve seen FM on this latest tour and raved about how good Stevie was. They were going for her. She is, as Christine says, a brand. When Lindsey was on stage with them, he often reminded those masses that there was something else to admire—and their awe surprised them. But it wasn’t and isn’t enough to make them care that he’s gone. She is the draw. I don’t like acknowledging this, but there’s no way around it. Masses care about FM because she’s fronting them.

It’s a shame, really: BuckVie was so lively and rich but so few cared.

HomerMcvie 04-07-2019 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1251842)

I'm very thankful that we got Buck Vie, and that it was the LAST chapter in MY FM. FM died to me, the day they fired Lindsey.

annabellee 04-07-2019 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1251843)
I'm very thankful that we got Buck Vie, and that it was the LAST chapter in MY FM. FM died to me, the day they fired Lindsey.

This.................

Street_Dreamer 04-07-2019 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1251843)

My love, respect and admiration for Stevie, Christine, John and Mick has gone. I can't and won't let my disdain allow me to stop listening to the songs Lindsey either created or produced though. He is the biggest reason Fleetwood Mac got so big. Take him out of the equation and who knows where the band goes. The same goes for Bob Welch, Billy, Danny and the other members of the band. They made fantastic music and I won't let the mistreatment of Lindsey by the band prevent me from enjoying the others' music. It's not their fault that they're associated with these abominable turncoats.

Jondalar 04-07-2019 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1251842)
This is the reality, isn’t it? How many casual fans do I know who’ve seen FM on this latest tour and raved about how good Stevie was. They were going for her. She is, as Christine says, a brand. When Lindsey was on stage with them, he often reminded those masses that there was something else to admire—and their awe surprised them. But it wasn’t and isn’t enough to make them care that he’s gone. She is the draw. I don’t like acknowledging this, but there’s no way around it. Masses care about FM because she’s fronting them.

Well we can change by pointing out Stevie’s antics over the years. How she has sort of slept her way to the top... stuff the casual fans don’t know about.