The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Stevie Nicks love affair with Mick Fleetwood! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=27800)

fanmael 07-13-2006 09:36 AM

Stevie Nicks love affair with Mick Fleetwood!

Ewwwwww! What was she thinking???

SortaSavageLike 07-13-2006 09:45 AM

Don't matter so long as the hips line up.

BlackWidow 07-13-2006 09:51 AM

I always thought it was a sex thing..Mick said it was naughty & appealing to them for that reason.He is a "big guy" too....

DavidMn 07-13-2006 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike

A practical answer to be sure.

cliffdweller 07-13-2006 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackWidow
I always thought it was a sex thing..

Oh it was most def a sex thing but again, and back to the original question: why? or more appropos: WTF?!?! :shocked:

:laugh:

DavidMn 07-13-2006 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cliffdweller
Oh it was most def a sex thing but again, and back to the original question: why? or more appropos: WTF?!?! :shocked:

Yes the whole thing does seem a bit weird.:lol:

skcin 07-13-2006 11:45 AM

Why is it weird? :shrug: Aside from Lindsey, Stevie hasn't exactly dated the hottest men around - Iovine, Henley (although I wouldn't have kicked him out of bed in the 70's either), Walsh, Hine, etc.

She obviously connected with Mick. I don't think it was about the sex, quite the opposite. They were in love. God forbid she fall in love with someone who isn't attractive. :rolleyes:

cliffdweller 07-13-2006 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skcin
She obviously connected with Mick.

And again I say, wtf?! :shocked:

I'm sorry, I don't get it. I don't get anything about it. I guess I should have made my exclamation clearer.

You're right, beauty is in the eye of the beholder for sure ;) .

David 07-13-2006 11:49 AM

Quote:

Why is it weird? :shrug: Aside from Lindsey, Stevie hasn't exactly dated the hottest men around - Iovine, Henley (although I wouldn't have kicked him out of bed in the 70's either), Walsh, Hine, etc.

She obviously connected with Mick. I don't think it was about the sex, quite the opposite. They were in love. God forbid she fall in love with someone who isn't attractive. :rolleyes:

I think Mick & Stevie really understood each other musically & spiritually. But I also think Mick & Lindsey really understood each other musically & spiritually.

Sometimes when you're on that level of understanding with another person & the friendship breaks up, it can be even more painful than if it's just some one-night stand who doesn't really understand you.

Stevie thought Mick would take care of her, & sometimes he did & sometimes he did not. But he, too, has always been a storm. Mick has a lot of the same problems that Stevie does, but while everyone sympathizes with Stevie, almost no one sympathizes with Mick. Everybody just calls him names.

skcin 07-13-2006 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David
I think Mick & Stevie really understood each other musically & spiritually. But I also think Mick & Lindsey really understood each other musically & spiritually.

Sometimes when you're on that level of understanding with another person & the friendship breaks up, it can be even more painful than if it's just some one-night stand who doesn't really understand you.

Stevie thought Mick would take care of her, & sometimes he did & sometimes he did not. But he, too, has always been a storm. Mick has a lot of the same problems that Stevie does, but while everyone sympathizes with Stevie, almost no one sympathizes with Mick. Everybody just calls him names.

That's very true, David. Very true.

And hey - are you insinuating that Lindsey & Mick had an affair too? :p

Hawkeye 07-13-2006 12:08 PM

I dont understand how you guys CAN'T understand the Mick Stevie thing. I think Mick is the single best relationship Stevie ever had at least to Stevie. There's no doubt that those two have the best chemistry of any two members of Fleetwood Mac and are better friends and soul mates then her and Lindsey ever were are or will be. The bitterness between Stevie and Lindsey after their breakup didn't exist after Mick and Stevie broke up and Stevie always talks great about Mick. Just look at that 1992 article, Stevie is devestated that Mick betrayed her and is not in her life anymore. She doesnt give a rats ass about not seeing Lindsey anymore. And you know how people bring up how many songs Stevie wrote about Lindsey, there are probably as many about Mick; Sara, Storms, Beauty and the Beast...

David 07-13-2006 12:12 PM

Quote:

That's very true, David. Very true.

And hey - are you insinuating that Lindsey & Mick had an affair too? :p

Well, they did sort of have an affair. It was certainly very physical & very spiritual. They connected musically in a very deep way. Mick's betrayal cut Lindsey more deeply than anything had ever cut him in his life. From around 1970 to the present, the musical/spiritual bond between Mick & Lindsey has been the deepest, truest such connection in Fleetwood Mac, akin to the musico-spiritual connection between Beethoven & Ries. It's what propelled the spirit of inventiveness & exploration on "Tusk," & what ultimately drove the cementing of old bonds for the 1997 reunion.

DestinyRules 07-13-2006 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike

And her hips don't lie! :lol:

cliffdweller 07-13-2006 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkeye
I dont understand how you guys CAN'T understand the Mick Stevie thing.

I can understand it from her point of view, I just can't understand it from mine I guess. I suppose I was projecting. I guess I don't understand Mick's appeal, but I do see how he and Stevie connected...they're both flaky drama queens so it does make some sense. Actually, they're probably the most alike members of the band.

cliffdweller 07-13-2006 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkeye
The bitterness between Stevie and Lindsey after their breakup didn't exist after Mick and Stevie broke up

Sorry, I forgot to reply to this. I think the lack of bitterness after the Mick affair stems from the fact that they weren't involved and joined at the hip for 6 years like Stevie and Lindsey were. Stevie and Lindsey also lived together (as if married), wrote music together, and basically grew up together, so those waters run much deeper than the brief relationship Stevie had with Mick. Also, Stevie and Lindsey were always incredibly competitive with each other so that added a lot of tension to their relationship that eventually turned into bitterness later.