The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What's wrong with the admins @ Ivory Keys? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56998)

SpyNote 09-04-2017 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCYOURGYPC (Post 1204460)
Just wondering who else might have had problems with Mike Bise at Ivory keys? He had asked me to contribute artwork for his blog, and compilation MP3 projects, which I did, then he left IK for a while, and without my permission, passed my work onto another admin, who got upset when I asked to be credited for my work in her posting(s), so she then tore down the post, and now today I discover I've been removed from the group!
Is it me, am I wrong for simply asking for credit for my own artwork?
I contributed a lot to that group, and find this completely unfair.
I've tried reaching out to Mike, and he simply ignores me...now I know why his blog keeps getting reported. Screw enough people, and it comes back to you!

His ego is very fragile. He's made a lot of enemies by banning people for perceived slights. The glass-half-full side of me feels sorry for him because there is clearly a mental health issue here. Mike's written nice letters (real ones) to me in the past, so I know he isn't a bad person. But since starting Ivory Keys, he's let the attention and respect he's received from other fans go to his head. Any comment he perceives as a threat to this status will send him off the rails.

David 10-03-2017 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirror69 (Post 1204596)
I know Mike over 20 years and I share with him many concerts and demos and I never had problems with him.For me is a great person

Paolo

Hi, Paolo. Do you remember when Debbie Peterson (in Ohio) and I used to trade tapes with you? This would have been about 25 or 30 years ago.

Back then, I bought issues of Mike's fanzine, which I think was called Mirror Mirror. It had good stuff, and the text was very opinionated and mostly literate. I was impressed. One thing I noticed about Mike at the time was that no one was more impressed with Mike than . . . Mike.

David 10-03-2017 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyNote (Post 1216284)
His ego is very fragile. He's made a lot of enemies by banning people for perceived slights. The glass-half-full side of me feels sorry for him because there is clearly a mental health issue here. Mike's written nice letters (real ones) to me in the past, so I know he isn't a bad person. But since starting Ivory Keys, he's let the attention and respect he's received from other fans go to his head. Any comment he perceives as a threat to this status will send him off the rails.

Daniel, I remember you from your fan profile on TV. You're a good guy. I always liked you!

Sad to hear that Mike is exhibiting mental instability. Of course, he isn't the first Stevie Nicks fan to do so, and I think I can safely say he won't be the last!

mirror69 10-04-2017 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1217199)
Hi, Paolo. Do you remember when Debbie Peterson (in Ohio) and I used to trade tapes with you? This would have been about 25 or 30 years ago.

Back then, I bought issues of Mike's fanzine, which I think was called Mirror Mirror. It had good stuff, and the text was very opinionated and mostly literate. I was impressed. One thing I noticed about Mike at the time was that no one was more impressed with Mike than . . . Mike.

Thanks David,

I happy to find a "old friend" from panpals days!!!!I don't like much this thread and I don't like the words against Mike there's no reasons Stevie/Fmac are music for all our hearts....yes in the past I was hangry if there's a show can't trade and I can't accept that not share but all of this I don't like

SisterNightroad 10-04-2017 08:13 AM

I must warn you that all the people you have mentioned by name can read your posts and Mike Bise himself is still a registered member of The Ledge.

Criticism is allowed but slur isn't, so you all can recount your bad experiences with the Facebook group, but choose carefully the words for your future posts.

mirror69 10-05-2017 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1217204)
I must warn you that all the people you have mentioned by name can read your posts and Mike Bise himself is still a registered member of The Ledge.

Criticism is allowed but slur isn't, so you all can recount your bad experiences with the Facebook group, but choose carefully the words for your future posts.

This is about me?
I've only reply at David with my opinions nothing else

FuzzyPlum 10-05-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirror69 (Post 1217229)
This is about me?

Don't worry, her words of caution weren't aimed towards you.

SisterNightroad 10-05-2017 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirror69 (Post 1217229)
This is about me?

No, as Fuzzy already pointed out I wasn't referring specifically to you, it was simply a generical warning

iamnotafraid 10-06-2017 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1217204)
1. I must warn you that all the people you have mentioned by name can read your posts...

2. Criticism is allowed but slur isn't...

That means I'd better start lying.

If I can't slur someone...

And who is this Mike Bise character?
Frankly, he sounds made up.

SpyNote 10-11-2017 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1217200)
Daniel, I remember you from your fan profile on TV. You're a good guy. I always liked you!

David! :woohoo:

petep9000 12-28-2017 06:28 PM

I liked him very much. I enjoyed communicating with him and I always appreciated his effort in bringing Stevie Nicks rarities to fellow fans. I remember being so touched that he mailed me cassette tapes around 1994-1995, free of charge, just for the love of the music. He hates me now because I told him I don't like The Other Side of The Mirror. I told him someone can be a Stevie fan and not like a particular album. Hell, I *love* Street Angel for God's sake. But that tipped him over the edge and he blocked me on Facebook. It's a shame, I really liked him. Oh well.