The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Tell me everything you love about the Rock a Little tour (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58341)

petep9000 11-19-2018 07:48 PM

Tell me everything you love about the Rock a Little tour

Be prepared to support your love with photos and videos too!
This is NOT the thread where you get to complain about the tour, or wistfully sigh and praise her for pulling out of her messiness. No, here is where you come out of your Rock a Little closet and tell the world (and me!) how much you loved to hear Stevie yodel her EO17 wails.

Go!

BLY 11-19-2018 08:56 PM

I loved the Rock a little tour. Stevie was amazing as she was on fire live. This was a great album in my opinion and has some of my all time favorite solo songs of hers. It seemed like forever since seeing her on the Mirage tour with Fleetwood Mac just a few years back but those were the days to see her in younger days. I’m glad I was there.

Macfan4life 11-20-2018 05:38 AM

Rick Marotta on drums. Good God he beat the hell out of those things. He is the master of groove and I wish Stevie used more of him. He is another the main reason Ooh My Love is so good. If it was not for his drumming the song would not have the strength it has.
Only staying positive as the OP's request.
My answer: Rick Marotta

Next

gldstwmn 11-20-2018 01:59 PM

I loved her crazy ad libs. I didn't know WTF she was saying sometimes but those and the interpretive dance movements and twirls that accompanied them made her so compelling to watch.

Buster 11-20-2018 02:37 PM

Out of this world fantastic tour. The last great tour until Enchanted.

Stevie was raw and let her vocals rip.

I saw the Shoreline show. During the Edge walk, she falsely thought people were dangerously rushing the stage. She started scolding us, yelling Get Back. Then she abruptly stopped the song and left the stage.

She came back with her hair soaking wet. She said “I just didn’t want you hurt” then dang Rhiannon and HAEWAFY.

I also loved her babbling during Outside the Rain and bluesy Talk To Me.

I wish the Red Rocks video wasn’t ridiculously overdubbed.

Macfan4life 11-21-2018 05:46 AM

I love petep9000's love and devotion to this tour :)

He helped us discover the first lines of Whole Lotta Trouble on the RAL tour in New York. For some reason after Stand Back, Stevie launched into Whole Lotta Trouble lyrics LMAO. I could not understand what she was saying but once he deciphered the words, I could hear it. Its a WFT moment for me but hey its pretty cool!

Sanne2 11-21-2018 07:54 AM

This sums it up tbh:

petep9000 11-21-2018 07:33 PM

I love that Edge wail video so much. The one at 00:28 is so good, it’s almost like an insane mixture of Janis Joplin and Yoko Ono. She had some epic ones on that tour, I don’t think she ever topped them.

ricohv 11-23-2018 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petep9000 (Post 1244352)
I love that Edge wail video so much. The one at 00:28 is so good, it’s almost like an insane mixture of Janis Joplin and Yoko Ono. She had some epic ones on that tour, I don’t think she ever topped them.

They were all weird. And they were all different! God bless the RAL tour for that-it's been pretty static ever since.
Ricoh

BLY 11-25-2018 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricohv (Post 1244396)
They were all weird. And they were all different! God bless the RAL tour for that-it's been pretty static ever since.
Ricoh

Love it and I’m glad i got to see her live in 1985 and glad.....Stevie is still alive!

ricohv 11-26-2018 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1244498)
Love it and I’m glad i got to see her live in 1985 and glad.....Stevie is still alive!

Ditto and ditto!

TheWildHeart67 11-26-2018 05:12 AM

Stevie eliminated the Edge wails during the "iyd" tour. And it never came back. She eliminated the entire "well the sky never expects it" part too, that leads into it 😓

David 11-26-2018 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petep9000 (Post 1244192)
No, here is where you come out of your Rock a Little closet and tell the world (and me!) how much you loved to hear Stevie yodel her EO17 wails.

Go!

Where to begin? As you know, John, I don't think it was her most exciting solo tour, like you. It was crazier than the 1983 tour but not as thrilling. (Those of us in the audience in 1983 when the drum machine started for Stand Back surely remember the amazing sensation of seeing Stevie do a club/dance number in front of 20,000 for the first time in her history. THAT was excitement.) And she couldn't bellow as well in 1986 as she could in 1983 (September–October–November). But she still commanded that stage.

One of the things I liked best about this tour, in retrospect, is that she was still wearing all her old clothes—the tablecloths, the shawls, the boots, and top hat, and so on. She dressed essentially the way she did in 1983 and in 1980 before that. No bustiers yet, thank God. And no bunched-up satin with shoulder pads. (Someone once compared her in 1989 to a zaftig African American woman attending Sunday service in Biloxi.)

Macfan4life 11-26-2018 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1244563)
Where to begin? As you know, John, I don't think it was her most exciting solo tour, like you. It was crazier than the 1983 tour but not as thrilling. (Those of us in the audience in 1983 when the drum machine started for Stand Back surely remember the amazing sensation of seeing Stevie do a club/dance number in front of 20,000 for the first time in her history. THAT was excitement.) And she couldn't bellow as well in 1986 as she could in 1983 (September–October–November). But she still commanded that stage.

One of the things I liked best about this tour, in retrospect, is that she was still wearing all her old clothes—the tablecloths, the shawls, the boots, and top hat, and so on. She dressed essentially the way she did in 1983 and in 1980 before that. No bustiers yet, thank God. And no bunched-up satin with shoulder pads. (Someone once compared her in 1989 to a zaftig African American woman attending Sunday service in Biloxi.)

Stevie's best stage dance was during How Still My Love at the end 1983. She would dance and make goofy faces to the audience.

Begins at 5:27
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if0lkSZM8Ag

I agree with you about the clothes and a reminder how crazy the Wild Heart Tour was. I was 13 and was afraid at times. LOL A strange feeling to feel at a concert.

Sanne2 11-28-2018 07:36 AM

So Stevie thought this song didn't work live, but there's atleast one video that proves her wrong (and I love her dancing here!)