The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Post-Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Billy's new album on iTunes? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=47561)

Street_Dreamer 06-08-2011 02:53 PM

Billy's new album on iTunes?

Billy posted on Facebook that his new album is available on iTunes.

Quote:

Hey Everyone, I have new music out on I-Tunes!!!Best, BB
I have nither an iPod or iTunes. Can someone confirm this please?

Matt

kak125 06-08-2011 05:18 PM

yes it is. it was released on june 6th and is called Rock & Roll With It and is selling for 9.99

chriskisn 06-08-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kak125 (Post 992015)
yes it is. it was released on june 6th and is called Rock & Roll With It and is selling for 9.99

Wow...how did we miss this????

Now if only it was available on iTunes Australia... :(

Well either it gets released here, gets released in a physical copy or I'll have to hunt down a pirate copy :shrug:

EDIT

I have another idea how I can get this album (and probably this would work for Street Dreamer too). If someone buys the album from iTunes US and sends it to me (via mediafire etc) then I'll send them the money via Paypal? PM me if this is possible!

SteveMacD 06-08-2011 07:33 PM

That's the easiest and most profitable way to release music today. Most established artists won't see a dime from their new albums if they're still on a label. I think 10% is being generous.

wetcamelfood 06-09-2011 06:24 AM

So no "hard copy" release? (I know I'm too old school for my own good :) )

John

chriskisn 06-09-2011 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wetcamelfood (Post 992129)

John

You are! :laugh:

chriskisn 06-09-2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskisn (Post 992050)
Wow...how did we miss this????

Now if only it was available on iTunes Australia... :(

Well either it gets released here, gets released in a physical copy or I'll have to hunt down a pirate copy :shrug:

EDIT

I have another idea how I can get this album (and probably this would work for Street Dreamer too). If someone buys the album from iTunes US and sends it to me (via mediafire etc) then I'll send them the money via Paypal? PM me if this is possible!

Tried to friend Billy on facebook to ask him about album availability other than US itunes but got rejected (by facebook) as he already has too many friend requests apparently. :(

TrueFaith77 06-09-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskisn (Post 992050)
EDIT

Unless I know even less than I thought about computers, one cannot transfer iTunes to mediafire.

Also, although I could "gift" iTunes tracks to other people with US iTunes, one cannot do so internationally.

chriskisn 06-09-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 992181)
Unless I know even less than I thought about computers, one cannot transfer iTunes to mediafire.

Also, although I could "gift" iTunes tracks to other people with US iTunes, one cannot do so internationally.

I was discussing this with a friend of my mothers in the USA who also says that the tracks wouldn't work if sent this way.

However, when I download in Australia they download in .m4a format which surely could be then zipped up, uploaded to mediafire (or the like) downloaded by me, unzipped, and converted to mp3 with something like Switch Sound File Converter and then added to my iTunes.

Apparently (and I haven't tried) you can create a US itunes account easily enough (create one using the address of a church in either Oregon or Florida apparently to avoid taxes?) and then get gift cards off the net. Obviously you can't use an Australian credit card to pay so you need US gift cards. You can buy these off ebay but apparently many of them are bought with stolen cards so they you get in trouble with Apple and can have your account cancelled. There are also services which offer to buy you US iTunes cards but not sure how legit they are.

While Apple does not "offically" allow this, I guess it would be better than pirating the music which would be a much easier option (but I'm trying to give Mr Burnette his $9.99).

chiliD 06-10-2011 10:49 AM

Bought the album last night. Just listened to the clips and haven't listened all the way through yet, but it sounds great from what I DID hear. :thumbsup:

AND, he continues his tradition of re-recording a song from a previous album. This time around the song is "My Love Will Not Change", which was previously recorded & released on his Memphis To Manhattan album. (at least he didn't do ANOTHER version of "The Bigger The Love". ;) )

wetcamelfood 06-10-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskisn (Post 992131)
You are! :laugh:

Well I guess I just want me some liner notes (not that Billy ever had much of those in his albums in the first place but...). :)

John

TrueFaith77 06-10-2011 12:57 PM

Just bought it. Haven't had a chance to listen to it.

TrueFaith77 06-10-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskisn (Post 992343)
I was discussing this with a friend of my mothers in the USA who also says that the tracks wouldn't work if sent this way.

However, when I download in Australia they download in .m4a format which surely could be then zipped up, uploaded to mediafire (or the like) downloaded by me, unzipped, and converted to mp3 with something like Switch Sound File Converter and then added to my iTunes.

But I think you are forgetting the fact that iTunes does SOMETHING (too technical for me to understand) to the files so they can't be shared by any means whatsoever, except as a CD (limited burns allowed) which can be heard on a cd player but NOT downloaded onto a computer.

chriskisn 06-10-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 992494)
But I think you are forgetting the fact that iTunes does SOMETHING (too technical for me to understand) to the files so they can't be shared by any means whatsoever, except as a CD (limited burns allowed) which can be heard on a cd player but NOT downloaded onto a computer.

Well we'll see. A friend of my mother's in the US is going to download it (obviously I'll pay him) and then send it to me, and I'll try to hack it anyway I can (amazing what you can find on the net to do such but we'll see).

Failing that, I'll find someone to buy me a US iTunes gift card and get around it that way. :lol: (against iTunes's terms of service but apparently quite a widely used loophole).

You'd think if they were serious about stamping out piracy they would make stuff much more easy to buy across the world. I'm not trying to steal the damn thing I'm trying to PAY for it!!!

Street_Dreamer 06-11-2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wetcamelfood (Post 992129)

John

I'm still waiting/hoping that this will be released on disc. If not, I'll bite the bullett and download the digitial tracks.

Matt