The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Songs From The Vault Volume 2 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54931)

gldstwmn 02-09-2015 01:31 PM

Songs From The Vault Volume 2

What's on it? Stevie has said she would like to include City of Hope. I love that idea.
I'd also like to see Beautiful Ghost, Forsaken Love and the live version of Love Is.

welcomechris 02-09-2015 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1160361)
What's on it? Stevie has said she would like to include City of Hope. I love that idea.
I'd also like to see Beautiful Ghost, Forsaken Love and the live version of Love Is.

When did she say that??

gldstwmn 02-09-2015 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welcomechris (Post 1160362)
When did she say that??

I think it was in the Rolling Stone interview.

welcomechris 02-09-2015 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1160363)

Oh wow! I'd love to hear that.

Stevie dear, how about Fleetwood Mac first

SisterNightroad 02-09-2015 02:41 PM

Didn't she already say during the facebook Q&A that she had Julia ready from the Vol1 sessions?

olive 02-09-2015 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1160363)

add it to the list of THINGS STEVIE SAID ( should be on jeopardy )

BlueLight 02-09-2015 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1160369)
Didn't she already say during the facebook Q&A that she had Julia ready from the Vol1 sessions?

She said that Julia was among the songs she brought to Nashville. She didn't say that it's "ready," but she did say that she loves the song, and that it will be on the next album.

BlueLight 02-09-2015 11:24 PM

Quote:

She also mentioned a "song about the Kennedys." :rolleyes:

PenguinHead 02-09-2015 11:34 PM

Quote:

Isn't that question little ahead of time? She just mentioned she is considering it. While she has some songs in mind, it's doubtful she made any decisions. We can only speculate our heads off, much like we did before.

Beautiful Ghost and City of Hope are certainly contenders. Space Needle is an epic and haunted song, which could be stunning with some editing and a new arrangement. Baby Doll is one of my favorites. The Three Birds of Rhiannon could be amazing, given a major rehab.

teedeerocks 02-10-2015 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1160398)
Isn't that question little ahead of time? She just mentioned she is considering it. While she has some songs in mind, it's doubtful she made any decisions. We can only speculate our heads off, much like we did before.

Beautiful Ghost and City of Hope are certainly contenders.
Quote:

Space Needle is an epic and haunted song, which could be stunning with some editing and a new arrangement.
Baby Doll is one of my favorites. The Three Birds of Rhiannon could be amazing, given a major rehab.

Great minds think alike my friend!The demo of Space Needle is a favorite of mine as is but I am interested in hearing a revised version developed in retrospect of the rehab days and also from a perspective based on wisdom and maturity.

johnnystorms 02-10-2015 03:36 AM

agreed

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedeerocks (Post 1160411)
Great minds think alike my friend!The demo of Space Needle is a favorite of mine as is but I am interested in hearing a revised version developed in retrospect of the rehab days and also from a perspective based on wisdom and maturity.

I just think Dave Grohl/Butch Vig should produce it. the mood of the song is much closer to grunge than the rock/pop/tech/country vibe that DS seems to put her songs

bombaysaffires 02-10-2015 11:32 AM

Beautiful Ghost as it stands sounds too coked out so it could be interesting to hear it redone… but doesn't it just rehash most of the lyrics from Mabel Normand starting about a third of the way in all til the end?
all the 'back to the house that held nothing but waiting for messages' onward??

(digging thru my demos now……)

Disregard……I was thinking of All the King's Men. Sigh. Old age takes its toll. :(

BlueDenimLamp 02-10-2015 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnystorms (Post 1160412)
I just think Dave Grohl/Butch Vig should produce it. the mood of the song is much closer to grunge than the rock/pop/tech/country vibe that DS seems to put her songs

Might work...Isn't "Space Needle" supposed to have a "Nirvana" connection?

BlueDenimLamp 02-10-2015 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1160428)
Beautiful Ghost as it stands sounds too coked out so it could be interesting to hear it redone… but doesn't it just rehash most of the lyrics from Mabel Normand starting about a third of the way in all til the end?
all the 'back to the house that held nothing but waiting for messages' onward??

(digging thru my demos now……)

Disregard……I was thinking of All the King's Men. Sigh. Old age takes its toll. :(

Yes but look at how well "Mable Normand" turned out. Stevie used to say LB knew what to do with her demos but maybe after all these years Stevie herself is the one who now knows what to do with these demos.

APerfectLie 02-10-2015 06:33 PM

I have to say, I've been listening to a lot of In Your Dreams lately and I really want new Stevie songs because IYD was just so great. That being said, if she does do volume 2, it better have Joan of Arc, Christian, and China Doll on it! Also, I love City of Hope almost as much as I love Mabel Normand so I am hella excited that she mentioned it!