The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Post-Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Freedom Japan 1990 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=51548)

BrownEyedGirl26 02-23-2013 09:54 AM

Freedom Japan 1990

I've just watched this video on Youtube for the first time and I love it, what do you think?:thumbsup:

TheWILDheart 02-23-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrownEyedGirl26 (Post 1079337)
I've just watched this video on Youtube for the first time and I love it, what do you think?:thumbsup:

Isn't it just the band mining to the album version? Infact, doesn't Stevie balls up the lyrics at one point and mime the wrong word? :shrug:

Edit: Yup, she sings "cool and collected, I became that with time" rather than "she became that with time"

BrownEyedGirl26 02-23-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWILDheart (Post 1079351)
Isn't it just the band mining to the album version? Infact, doesn't Stevie balls up the lyrics at one point and mime the wrong word? :shrug:

Edit: Yup, she sings "cool and collected, I became that with time" rather than "she became that with time"

Yes I noticed that she sang or, rather, mimed "I became that with time" instead of " she became that with time" also. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't of known they were miming.

TheWILDheart 02-23-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrownEyedGirl26 (Post 1079355)
Yes I noticed that she sang or, rather, mimed "I became that with time" instead of " she became that with time" also. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't of known they were miming.

Apart from the fact that it sounds IDENTICAL in both music and vocal performance to the album version? :shrug:

BrownEyedGirl26 02-23-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWILDheart (Post 1079356)
Apart from the fact that it sounds IDENTICAL in both music and vocal performance to the album version? :shrug:

Oh yeah, and that too!:laugh:

SteveMacD 02-24-2013 12:54 AM

Sadly, Fleetwood Mac is doing stuff like this in concert...

SteveMacD 02-24-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1079550)
Sadly, Fleetwood Mac is doing stuff like this in concert...

By that, I mean pre-taped material.

WatchChain 02-27-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1079552)
By that, I mean pre-taped material.

Are you implying that FM are lipsynching to pre-recorded material during present day concerts ??? Hmmmmmm?

SteveMacD 02-27-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1080027)
Are you implying that FM are lipsynching to pre-recorded material during present day concerts ??? Hmmmmmm?

No, but they are piping in backing vocals and additional parts that aren't actually being played.

You could it makes me Go Insane.

HomerMcvie 02-28-2013 03:48 AM

It's cheese city, dudes. Lindsey SOLO in November, playing along with drum machines, "hidden bass" lines, and even backing vocals. I guess that's what happens, when you can't afford to pay musicians to play the parts...:rolleyes:

BUT, as I said in another thread, everyone is doing it now. It's half real show/half f*cking karaoke contest!

#lame

Gene 02-28-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1080052)
It's cheese city, dudes. Lindsey SOLO in November, playing along with drum machines, "hidden bass" lines, and even backing vocals. I guess that's what happens, when you can't afford to pay musicians to play the parts...:rolleyes:

#lame

I was very disappointed that LB resorted to the tapes. As for the musicians, he CAN afford 'em. (sigh) I mean if you wanna do a SOLO show then do it! SOLO!

BrownEyedGirl26 03-01-2013 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gene (Post 1080067)
I was very disappointed that LB resorted to the tapes. As for the musicians, he CAN afford 'em. (sigh) I mean if you wanna do a SOLO show then do it! SOLO!

Gene, if you watch the Wembley Arena London 2009 version of Go Insane he uses the original recording, with his young voice, as a backing track and sings a very passionate rendition of this song! Back 'in the day' I used to listen to this cd over and over again. I loved all the instrumentation used making it that much more dramatic, to me anyway.
I, for one, am in favour of the original recordings being used only to inhance the music as long as they sing along live as well! After all a lot of people heard these songs on the radio before they knew of the band/singer so they will instantly recognize the songs.

SteveMacD 03-01-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrownEyedGirl26 (Post 1080153)
Gene, if you watch the Wembley Arena London 2009 version of Go Insane he uses the original recording, with his young voice, as a backing track and sings a very passionate rendition of this song!

But that's exactly what we're against.

SteveMacD 03-01-2013 02:34 PM

THIS is how you do a stripped down version of an original that had many different layers.

BrownEyedGirl26 03-02-2013 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1080196)
THIS is how you do a stripped down version of an original that had many different layers.

OKAY, I watched and I know this isn't a competition, but I prefer LB over RT mainly because of his charisma!:shrug: I respect your choice of a stripped down version of an original though!