The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Post-Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ok...let's work on a retitle to this Forum, as well. (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=52544)

chiliD 09-04-2013 01:18 AM

Ok...let's work on a retitle to this Forum, as well.

How about "Behind The Time" or "The Mask Of Time" or something along those lines. "Post-Rumours" seems just as condescending as "Pre-Rumours", as there are those whose Fleetwood Mac fandom DID NOT and still DOES NOT revolve around Rumours.

HomerMcvie 09-04-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 1102058)
How about "Behind The Time" or "The Mask Of Time" or something along those lines. "Post-Rumours" seems just as condescending as "Pre-Rumours", as there are those whose Fleetwood Mac fandom DID NOT and still DOES NOT revolve around Rumours.

But what defies logic, in my book(as I've stated before), is that FM without Lindsey was POST Rumours, but FM without Christine(who had the most hits!), is still Rumours. I flag bullsh*t on that classification.

Perhaps all except the Rumours(and the Stevie) forum(s) should be named, there ain't no goat here, so don't waste your time.:D

THE CURRENT INCARNATION BELONGS IN THE POST RUMOURS FORUM.:blob2:

Sanne2 09-04-2013 02:54 AM

"The Rick & Billy Years" or "1987 - 1995" (or rather "1990 - 1995"?)
As for the Rumours forum "Rumours & current line-up", not very imaginitive but eh.

secret love 09-04-2013 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1102060)
But what defies logic, in my book(as I've stated before), is that FM without Lindsey was POST Rumours, but FM without Christine(who had the most hits!), is still Rumours. I flag bullsh*t on that classification.

Perhaps all except the Rumours(and the Stevie) forum(s) should be named, there ain't no goat here, so don't waste your time.:D

THE CURRENT INCARNATION BELONGS IN THE POST RUMOURS FORUM.:blob2:

I'll presume you're calling Stevie Nicks a goat, because she did cocaine. On that basis Lindsey, Mick, John and Christine are also goats. And Peter Green too. Hey, it was the seventies (and sixties)! :p

The current incarnation of Fleetwood Mac should be called the Say You Will line-up. Why not just have three separate forums for Behind the Mask, Time and Say You Will?

applebucked 09-04-2013 05:51 AM

I presume the goat reference is due to Stevie's infamous vibrato than the cocaine. :laugh:

I would suggest "Everyone who came after Rumours, but aren't part of the Rumours lineup", but that would be pushing it. In other words, I really don't have any idea how to rename this forum. :shrug:

MacShadowsBall 09-04-2013 08:57 AM

I was wondering when this would come up on this forum! For what I understand these titles have been used for a very, very long time here on the Ledge. Though I am curious about what long-time Ledgies think.:cool:

HomerMcvie 09-04-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applebucked (Post 1102075)
I presume the goat reference is due to Stevie's infamous vibrato than the cocaine. :laugh:

I would suggest "Everyone who came after Rumours, but aren't part of the Rumours lineup", but that would be pushing it. In other words, I really don't have any idea how to rename this forum. :shrug:

What do goats have to do with cocaine?:shrug:

Thank you for interpreting me. :blob2:

:D

jbrownsjr 09-04-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 1102058)

Agreed!! I like Shaking the Mask Years...

SteveMacD 09-04-2013 05:39 PM

The Later Years

chriskisn 09-05-2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1102123)
The Later Years

I get the feeling that if it is impossible to change your user name, it would probably crash the entire internet to change the forum names!:laugh:

applebucked 09-05-2013 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1102115)
Agreed!! I like Shaking the Mask Years...

Shaking the Mask of Time Years! ::laugh:

becca 09-05-2013 01:03 PM

Maybe taking a page from Gilligan's Island we can just say 'And The Rest'? :laugh:

or maybe 'The Wonder Years'?

It is pretty hard to disentangle this period from the Rumours line-up...

I feel a bit worried things could escalate out of control. :o

chiliD 09-05-2013 04:52 PM

How about renaming the "Rumours" forum "The 5 Fireflies" (1975-87 & 1997)

Then this one could be "Who Cares?" (1987-96, 1998-current) :shrug:

SteveMacD 09-05-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskisn (Post 1102171)
I get the feeling that if it is impossible to change your user name, it would probably crash the entire internet to change the forum names!:laugh:

:laugh:

"You never even call be by my name..."

aleuzzi 09-05-2013 08:17 PM

The Post Tango Years

The Sans Lindsey Years

The Klonopin Years

The Pre-Dance Years