The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fleetwood Mac Added to 2018 iHeartRadio Music Festival Lineup (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57967)

ricohv 06-12-2018 08:26 PM

Fleetwood Mac Added to 2018 iHeartRadio Music Festival Lineup

https://www.billboard.com/biz/articl...estival-lineup
The star-studded 2018 iHeartRadio Music Festival lineup just got even bigger.

Fleetwood Mac will join the main stage bill, marking the first time the group will play together as a new band since Lindsey Buckingham's exit in April.

“It is an honor to be performing at the iHeartRadio Music Festival for our very first time,” Stevie Nicks said in a statement. “The beauty of an event like this is that it is a true representation of the power of radio. It’s an opportunity for artists across all genres to share one stage and what we all love most -- music!”

The two-day event, hosted by Ryan Seacrest, also includes previously announced performers Justin Timberlake, Carrie Underwood, Mariah Carey, Imagine Dragons, Jason Aldean, Sam Smith, Luke Bryan, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Panic! at the Disco, Kelly Clarkson, Shawn Mendes, Kygo, Rae Sremmurd and Logic.

The iHeartRadio Music Festival will take place September 21 and 22. at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas and will broadcast live on iHeartMedia radio stations across the United States. The CW Network will also exclusively live-stream both nights of the festival via CWTV.com and The CW App.

AnthonyMI 06-12-2018 08:46 PM

Little does Stevie know... radio is dead. Video killed it. Then American idol killed video. Then YouTube killed American idol.

lovethemac1 06-12-2018 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyMI (Post 1230780)
Little does Stevie know... radio is dead. Video killed it. Then American idol killed video. Then YouTube killed American idol.

OMG I laughed out loud!! Thank you. That was priceless. :laugh:

sasja 06-12-2018 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyMI (Post 1230780)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thank you for that!!!

secondhandchain 06-13-2018 12:19 AM

Please move this thread to the post Rumours forum. Personally I could give a flying F where they play.

Netter75 06-13-2018 12:31 AM

Nice! Glad this is being professionally filmed and mixed. I doubt I'll be able to go see this tour at all since I can't justify paying those ridiculous ticket prices to get even a somewhat decent seat.

Now I can sit and watch (for free) whatever good or bad comes from this 😁 couldn't be happier.

bwboy 06-13-2018 06:04 AM

Just to add- the CW will air the concert on 2 nights- Oct 7 and 8.

AnthonyMI 06-13-2018 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovethemac1 (Post 1230787)
OMG I laughed out loud!! Thank you. That was priceless. :laugh:

She really is stuck in a moment in time. That time being 1970s. It’s like she’s totally unaware of anything that’s happened in the music industry since. She still thinks Of album sales in the Millions and that’s radio is relevant at all? Radio is a clusterfrak of Impotance and Diet pill commercials that plays the same 20 songs in constant rotation. XM radio is the closest thing we have to the radio of yesteryear. At least iHeart Radio plays old Casey’s American Top 40 To remind of a of a time radio had variety

jbrownsjr 06-13-2018 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyMI (Post 1230814)
She really is stuck in a moment in time. That time being 1970s. It’s like she’s totally unaware of anything that’s happened in the music industry since. She still thinks Of album sales in the Millions and that’s radio is relevant at all? Radio is a clusterfrak of Impotance and Diet pill commercials that plays the same 20 songs in constant rotation. XM radio is the closest thing we have to the radio of yesteryear. At least iHeart Radio plays old Casey’s American Top 40 To remind of a of a time radio had variety

I heard that IHeart radio is having serious financial troubles.

lovethemac1 06-13-2018 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyMI (Post 1230814)

I agree!!!!:nod: And I LOOOOOVVVEEEE Casey's American Top 40 show.

AncientQueen 06-13-2018 03:01 PM

This idiots could have been HEADLINERS at Glastonbury and now they are sandwiched between Justin Timberlake and Lynyrd Skynyrd. Way to go.

jbrownsjr 06-13-2018 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AncientQueen (Post 1230835)
This idiots could have been HEADLINERS at Glastonbury and now they are sandwiched between Justin Timberlake and Lynyrd Skynyrd. Way to go.

That is a demotion. No doubt about it. That actually irritates me. Oy

bwboy 06-13-2018 09:16 PM

I thought Glastonbury wasn't happening this year. So how could FM headline a concert that isn't happening?

Imagine Dragons, Carrie Underwood, Justin Timberlake, Sam Smith, Jack White- yeah, what an embarrassing lineup :rolleyes:

This is a brilliant move on their part, to introduce the new lineup to the public a week or two before the tour starts.

AncientQueen 06-14-2018 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1230858)
I thought Glastonbury wasn't happening this year. So how could FM headline a concert that isn't happening?

In the past, bwboy, in the past.
Organizators tried to book them for years, but FM was just too expensive.
In 2018, neither Glastonbury, nor FM are happening.

iamnotafraid 06-14-2018 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1230822)
I heard that IHeart radio is having serious financial troubles.

Rusty said the same.

iamnotafraid 06-14-2018 03:20 AM

Quote:

Imagine Dragons, Carrie Underwood, Justin Timberlake, Sam Smith, Jack White- yeah, what an embarrassing lineup :rolleyes:

This is a brilliant move on their part, to introduce the new lineup to the public a week or two before the tour starts.

If FM made this move to make themselves look old,
then it was brilliant on their part. Were any of those
artist even born before Rumours came out? Okay,
Jack was maybe two years old.

bwboy 06-14-2018 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 1230892)
If FM made this move to make themselves look old,
then it was brilliant on their part. Were any of those
artist even born before Rumours came out? Okay,
Jack was maybe two years old.

For me, it doesn't matter whether anyone else on the lineup was born when Rumours came out. And the best way to get new fans is to appear with contemporaries or other acts who are popular. If someone sees Harry Styles gushing about FM or singing the Chain, they may check it out and become a fan themselves. Same thing when the Chain was featured in the Guardians of the Galaxy sequel- it exposed people, many whom weren't alive when Rumours came out, to their music.

Isn't that a good thing?

SisterNightroad 06-14-2018 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1230893)
Same thing when the Chain was featured in the Guardians of the Galaxy sequel- it exposed people, many whom weren't alive when Rumours came out, to their music.

Isn't that a good thing?

Yes, that's how I also became a fan, I heard landslide on the Glee TV show.

FuzzyPlum 06-14-2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

They are one of Michael Eavis' (Glastonbury founder/organiser) favourite bands and he's tried to get them to appear many times. They had a big chance to do Glasto in 2015 but chose the bigger payday from the Isle of Wight festival (stupid move- short term profit over long term profit and legacy).

Some people seem to think they are nailed on for next year. Certainly there's a good chance the US tour will wrap up by then and they'll come over to Europe. I'm very doubtful. Anyway, I'd be so frustrated the UK festival goers had so many chances to be blown away by the Rumours band over the past 15 years and they'll get a pale shadow of that now if they ever played.

Angel75 06-14-2018 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1230912)
They are one of Michael Eavis' (Glastonbury founder/organiser) favourite bands and he's tried to get them to appear many times. They had a big chance to do Glasto in 2015 but chose the bigger payday from the Isle of Wight festival (stupid move- short term profit over long term profit and legacy).

Some people seem to think they are nailed on for next year. Certainly there's a good chance the US tour will wrap up by then and they'll come over to Europe. I'm very doubtful. Anyway, I'd be so frustrated the UK festival goers had so many chances to be blown away by the Rumours band over the past 15 years and they'll get a pale shadow of that now if they ever played.

I agree totally. Such a shame to choose higher profit over smaller profit and legacy. Glastonbury is the number one festival to want to have on your CV. And you would only need to play a two hour set when headlining the Pyramid stage...

MoonSister75 06-15-2018 05:11 AM

We seem to be drowning in negativity in this forum :distress: Such a shame :(

AncientQueen 06-15-2018 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonSister75 (Post 1230937)
We seem to be drowning in negativity in this forum :distress: Such a shame :(

Well, that is one thoroughly negative comment, that's for sure.

HomerMcvie 06-15-2018 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AncientQueen (Post 1230946)

I can only think that a pure $tevie wor$hipper wouldn't be upset over the sh*t they pulled on Lindsey.

They're talking badly about my queen!!!!:rolleyes:

MoonSister75 06-15-2018 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AncientQueen (Post 1230946)

I thought it fitted in quite well with the general tone in here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1230948)
I can only think that a pure $tevie wor$hipper wouldn't be upset over the sh*t they pulled on Lindsey.

They're talking badly about my queen!!!!:rolleyes:

Not really, just a FM fan pointing out the depressive, monotonous tone of rumours forum for the last 2 months.

It's totally understandable to be upset and p*ssed off, but it's going on and on and on and on......and on...and on... And I realise it won't stop, but that doesn't prevent me from wanting to, and being free to, comment on it.

Seriously, I was reading a few threads in here this morning, and starting to feel depressed :(:(:(

HomerMcvie 06-15-2018 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonSister75 (Post 1230950)

Not really, just a FM fan pointing out the depressive, monotonous tone of rumours forum for the last 2 months.

It's totally understandable to be upset and p*ssed off, but it's going on and on and on and on......and on...and on... And I realise it won't stop, but that doesn't prevent me from wanting to, and being free to, comment on it.

Seriously, I was reading a few threads in here this morning, and starting to feel depressed :(:(:(

Well, OUR BAND came to an end.

I don't see it stopping, unfortunately.

I'd say we find it just as depressing as you do. Because it SUCKS.:(

MoonSister75 06-15-2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1230952)
Well, OUR BAND came to an end.

I don't see it stopping, unfortunately.

I'd say we find it just as depressing as you do. Because it SUCKS.:(

Well I'm sorry that you feel that way, really I am. Some of us don't feel the band has come to an end, we just see it as another chapter.
We'll just have to find a way to hopefully, peacefully, co-exist in here.

TrueFaith77 06-15-2018 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonSister75 (Post 1230954)
Well I'm sorry that you feel that way, really I am. Some of us don't feel the band has come to an end, we just see it as another chapter.

The Rumours line-up to which this forum is devoted is DEAD forever.

So the only thing to do on here is complain/mourn/conjecture, comment on the news that may come out pertaining to why it's dead FOREVER, or reminisce about what was but NEVER will be again.

We will never be able to talk about new music or new tours or new shows on this forum EVER again.

The Rumours line-up is DEAD. FOREVER.

With new music from Lindsey, hopefully we will move on to having a reason to move to the Lindsey forum and be more positive.

And even with new music and shows with the new line-up, we can move to the Post-Rumours section to commentate and may not be all doom and gloom. Even with this band, I look forward to hearing new Stevie and Christine compositions, so I'm not predisposed to hate. Even though they will create meaning in one undeniable context: THE RUMOURS LINE-UP IS DEAD.

FOREVER.

HomerMcvie 06-15-2018 01:39 PM

Quote:

You know, Lindsey was never my favorite member, in 40 freaking years.

But he is now.

After Christine left, and he really stepped up to the plate, and showed everyone that he owned the stage, my respect really grew for him.

And then after he and Christine put out that WONDERFUL album last year, he was neck and neck with my (once) beloved Christine.

And then they pull this SH*T on him. He's now my favorite, hands down. And the only one who I'll be supporting with my money. #teamLindsey

secondhandchain 06-15-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

I thought it fitted in quite well with the general tone in here.

It's not going to stop, because like Homer said the band is dead. When someone dies it's depressing, not happy. It will always be depressing in this forum. Blame M$ck Fl$$twood and the Tambourine B/Witch for that.

MoonSister75 06-15-2018 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1230955)
The Rumours line-up to which this forum is devoted is DEAD forever.

So the only thing to do on here is complain/mourn/conjecture, comment on the news that may come out pertaining to why it's dead FOREVER, or reminisce about what was but NEVER will be again.

We will never be able to talk about new music or new tours or new shows on this forum EVER again.

The Rumours line-up is DEAD. FOREVER.

With new music from Lindsey, hopefully we will move on to having a reason to move to the Lindsey forum and be more positive.

And even with new music and shows with the new line-up, we can move to the Post-Rumours section to commentate and may not be all doom and gloom. Even with this band, I look forward to hearing new Stevie and Christine compositions, so I'm not predisposed to hate. Even though they will create meaning in one undeniable context: THE RUMOURS LINE-UP IS DEAD.

FOREVER.

I agree the Rumours line-up is dead, and there is understandable mourning over that.

Others posters are saying the band is dead, but it's not, and we are not all depressed about the change. Some of us are trying our best to appreciate how upset some fans are, whilst at the same time having an interest in the future of the band.

AncientQueen 06-15-2018 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonSister75 (Post 1230961)
I agree the Rumours line-up is dead, and there is understandable mourning over that.

Others posters are saying the band is dead, but it's not, and we are not all depressed about the change. Some of us are trying our best to appreciate how upset some fans are, whilst at the same time having an interest in the future of the band.

But then go over to the post-rumours forum. That's the whole point of the seperate forums. Leave this negative space and take a look around there. Enjoy the future of FM, it has just started. I mean it, no sarcasm or anything.

For me, this is the last time that FM did or will do something that interests or moves me. It's not a positive thing, but I enjoy this board and my prolonged goodbye to the band I so loved for 40 years. Let me have my farewell, I deserve it. It's my right to write like I feel, on this board for the five fireflies.

I do look forward, too, though. Yeah to all the money that I will not spend for first row tickets and stuff. The anticipation of Schadenfreude when the first concerts get reviewed, the idea that factions of the band will not make the money they crave or have the success they are used to. Maybe some inner band trouble.

I will love to read about it. Petty, i know, but it fits with that band.

elle 06-15-2018 05:55 PM

Quote:

IIt's totally understandable to be upset and p*ssed off, but it's going on and on and on and on......and on...and on... And I realise it won't stop, (

read Mick's newest interview and tell me how can anyone stop and be positive. he's adding oil to the fire, like crazy. each time we decide to calm down and forget about this, there's Mick to spread the flames. :eek:

Sugar Mouse 06-15-2018 06:02 PM

Quote:

Ditto ... hope that eventually folks will love the Green-era, Kirwan-era, Welch-era, Lindsey-era, and whatever era lies ahead. It's all beautiful.

bwboy 06-15-2018 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AncientQueen (Post 1230968)
But then go over to the post-rumours forum. That's the whole point of the seperate forums. Leave this negative space and take a look around there. Enjoy the future of FM, it has just started. I mean it, no sarcasm or anything.

For me, this is the last time that FM did or will do something that interests or moves me. It's not a positive thing, but I enjoy this board and my prolonged goodbye to the band I so loved for 40 years. Let me have my farewell, I deserve it. It's my right to write like I feel, on this board for the five fireflies.

I do look forward, too, though. Yeah to all the money that I will not spend for first row tickets and stuff. The anticipation of Schadenfreude when the first concerts get reviewed, the idea that factions of the band will not make the money they crave or have the success they are used to. Maybe some inner band trouble.

It is definitely your right to post how you feel. For me, it's very repetitive, but it is definitely your right. I feel like, and honestly, please correct me if I'm wrong, but some people who repeatedly post comments like "this isn't FM anymore, I hope the tour bombs, it's funny people paid top dollar for tickets and then the price dropped ha ha, etc" it comes across like "my party was ruined and now I'm going to ruin yours," or "I'm miserable and I want everybody else to be just as miserable as I am."

Instead of telling people they should post in the post-Rumours forum, maybe people who are so angry about Lindsey's firing should post only in the LB forum. Not really how I feel, but same difference. Obviously, neither one is going to happen.

sasja 06-15-2018 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1230987)
It is definitely your right to post how you feel. For me, it's very repetitive, but it is definitely your right. I feel like, and honestly, please correct me if I'm wrong, but some people who repeatedly post comments like "this isn't FM anymore, I hope the tour bombs, it's funny people paid top dollar for tickets and then the price dropped ha ha, etc" it comes across like "my party was ruined and now I'm going to ruin yours," or "I'm miserable and I want everybody else to be just as miserable as I am."

Instead of telling people they should post in the post-Rumours forum, maybe people who are so angry about Lindsey's firing should post only in the LB forum. Not really how I feel, but same difference. Obviously, neither one is going to happen.

Lindsey was not fired from his solo self, he was fired from the rumours line up. Hence, in the rumours line-up forum we get to lament. It's what it is here for. If you and others are done with the rumours line-up, you yourselves please move to the POST-rumours forum. Thank you.

bwboy 06-15-2018 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasja (Post 1230993)
Lindsey was not fired from his solo self, he was fired from the rumours line up. Hence, in the rumours line-up forum we get to lament. It's what it is here for. If you and others are done with the rumours line-up, you yourselves please move to the POST-rumours forum. Thank you.

The mods have made their decision, THIS is the place to post about the current lineup of FM. But I would totally be fine if they added a new forum. And thank you.

MoonSister75 06-16-2018 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AncientQueen (Post 1230968)

I'm in this forum because there are things of interest to me that I want to read and because I'm a fan of the Rumours era. You are fully within your rights to complain and moan forever, and I can post as many positive comments as I like.

It's all good, we're all FM fans with something to say. As bwboy has stated the mods made it clear that this is the place for current FM news, along with the post-rumours forum, so for now I'll continue to read both forums and continue to comment as much as you feel free to.

I wish everyone a sunny, enjoyable weekend :]

AncientQueen 06-16-2018 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonSister75 (Post 1231016)
I'm in this forum because there are things of interest to me that I want to read and because I'm a fan of the Rumours era. You are fully within your rights to complain and moan forever, and I can post as many positive comments as I like.

It's all good, we're all FM fans with something to say. As bwboy has stated the mods made it clear that this is the place for current FM news, along with the post-rumours forum, so for now I'll continue to read both forums and continue to comment as much as you feel free to.

Well, YOU were complaining...
But thank you for allowing me to post here.

MoonSister75 06-16-2018 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AncientQueen (Post 1231017)
Well, YOU were complaining...
But thank you for allowing me to post here.

Yes, yesterday I was complaining about the complaining. It seems like we were all complaining.

And thank you for allowing me to post here.

As I said yesterday, hopefully those of us with all our different feelings about what has happened to the band, can peacefully co-exist in here, and continue to join in all the discussions in all forums. :woohoo:

AncientQueen 06-16-2018 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonSister75 (Post 1231020)
As I said yesterday, hopefully those of us with all our different feelings about what has happened to the band, can peacefully co-exist in here, and continue to join in all the discussions in all forums. :woohoo:

Repeating it does not make it sound any less unctuously.