The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   No Questions Asked... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=27483)

TheWILDheart 06-22-2006 02:54 PM

No Questions Asked...

What are everyone's feelings about this song? Personally, I like it. I would have liked it a whole lot more if it had've replaced "Welcome to the Room...Sara" on TITN but thats just me...

Yes. I like it. Not my favourite and I don't think it belongs on Greatest Hits but it's good.

macfan 57 06-22-2006 03:33 PM

I can't stand "No Questions Asked". I think they should have gone with "Paper Doll" on The Greatest Hits album instead. "Paper Doll" is a far better song, in my opinion.

Angel69 06-22-2006 03:36 PM

I feel that it's not so much the song as it is the production.

foxyluva 06-22-2006 03:43 PM

I love it as I love the majority of songs Stevie has recorded

"Well I See Him, I Feel Him, Theres an Intenseness in Him, In His Eyes..."

I love the lyrics, but yes the production is a little hollow, as are the majority of songs recorded from the 88-90 period for Stevie/FM.

The general consensus about this song however is that it is not a great song :(

TheBlueLamp 06-22-2006 03:50 PM

This is in my top 5 FM songs.

I love the opening line(s). Rarely do I find Stevie songs 'sexy', but I think this one is. It never fails to put a smile on my face.

chiliD 06-22-2006 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57
I can't stand "No Questions Asked". I think they should have gone with "Paper Doll" on The Greatest Hits album instead. "Paper Doll" is a far better song, in my opinion.

:thumbsup:

vermicious knid 06-22-2006 05:07 PM

I think No Questions Asked is great! I am a fan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWILDheart
I would have liked it a whole lot more if it had've replaced "Welcome to the Room...Sara" on TITN but thats just me...

Was this really possible? Was this song a leftover from that album?

chiliD 06-22-2006 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWILDheart
I would have liked it a whole lot more if it had've replaced "Welcome to the Room...Sara" on TITN but thats just me....

You can't put a song on an album if the song hasn't been written yet. :shrug:
Quote:

Originally Posted by vermicious knid
Was this really possible? Was this song a leftover from that album?

Actually, no. It was recorded after the end of the Tango tour; so there was no possible way it could've ended up on TitN. If anything, they should've just bypassed that ill-timed "Greatest Hits" album and recorded a FULL album of new material with the new lineup. "As Long As You Follow" & "Paper Doll" were both good starts on the new album...then pfffft! a friggin' "Greatest Hits" album.

JazmenFlowers 06-22-2006 05:46 PM

love it. it's got such a great summer vibe that I blast it during the summer.

DavidMn 06-22-2006 07:25 PM

Sorry people, but I absolutely cant stand this song. One of her worst ever in my opinion..

Jason T. 06-22-2006 07:51 PM

This was my favorite FM song when I first started listening to them as a subsitute to oxygen.

Without doubt one of my top 10 songs of all time. :thumbsup:

SortaSavageLike 06-22-2006 07:51 PM

No Questions Asked is the sort of song you pretend never happened and whistle innocently whenever somebody mentions it.

David 06-22-2006 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn
Sorry people, but I absolutely cant stand this song. One of her worst ever in my opinion..

I haven't heard it in years, & I doubt I'll hear it again before my time is up.

Hawkeye 06-22-2006 08:13 PM

I love No Questions Asked. Its the other song mentioned in this thread I can't stand. Paper Doll is possibly the worst song Stevie ever wrote and Fleetwood Mac ever recorded.

Miss Vicky 06-22-2006 09:59 PM

I actually really like "No Questions Asked" (though I liked it much more in the early days of my fandom. Before I saw the light and dropped the whole chiffonhead/shipper thing. :D )

However, I also really like "Welcome to the Room, Sara" so I'm glad that we got both and none replaced the other.

"Paper Doll" on the other hand, grates on my nerves.