The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Post-Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   "Landslide" at the Complex, Van Nuys (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=28125)

David 08-06-2006 02:23 PM

"Landslide" at the Complex, Van Nuys

"Landslide" at the Complex in Van Nuys
February 1990
Tour rehearsal

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...anNuys1990.jpg

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...091CD06995BE08

This is my favorite "Landslide" from the last sixteen years.

goldustsongbird 08-06-2006 02:32 PM

That sounds really nice. Her voice doesn't sound tired or forced, the way I always expect it to sound during those later concerts done during the Klonopin years. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

Now if only we could do something about that outfit and hair...

Johnny Stew 08-06-2006 03:14 PM

I've always thought it was cool and interesting that this is your favorite "latter day" version, but it's not a favorite of mine. Her voice sounds good, but I'm not crazy about her delivery here.

David 08-06-2006 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
I've always thought it was cool and interesting that this is your favorite "latter day" version, but it's not a favorite of mine. Her voice sounds good, but I'm not crazy about her delivery here.

I think some other people have told me they don't like it, either. To my ears, the vocal embodies a musical quality from about 1600 to about 1925, to which my ears are attuned. There's a full-bodied quality to Stevie's delivery now that I can't comfortably grasp because it elicits an unpleasant physical sensation in my own upper chest & throat when I hear it.

That's the reason why I like "It's Only Love" the best on that album.

foxyluva 08-10-2006 04:19 PM

I prefer the one that a fan filmed (i think) and Lindsey came out to perform it with her. That is my favourite latter day performace :D

goldustsongbird 08-10-2006 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxyluva
I prefer the one that a fan filmed (i think) and Lindsey came out to perform it with her. That is my favourite latter day performace :D

Ew, seriously? I know the one you mean... LB and his pink shirt, right?
I didn't like that one. Stevie sounded so emotionless.

David 08-10-2006 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldustsongbird
Ew, seriously? I know the one you mean... LB and his pink shirt, right?
I didn't like that one. Stevie sounded so emotionless.

She did. She sounded gutted, like a glassy-eyed trout.

And then during the instrumental break halfway through, Stevie, without looking at the SPECIAL GUEST WHO IS PLAYING THE GUITAR RIGHT NEXT TO HER, shuffled over to Christine's station & stared blankly off into space. :rolleyes:

Lindsey was probably thinking to himself: "What the feck was the reason I agreed to this again?"

goldustsongbird 08-10-2006 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David
She did. She sounded gutted, like a glassy-eyed trout.

And then during the instrumental break halfway through, Stevie, without looking at the SPECIAL GUEST WHO IS PLAYING THE GUITAR RIGHT NEXT TO HER, shuffled over to Christine's station & stared blankly off into space. :rolleyes:

Lindsey was probably thinking to himself: "What the feck was the reason I agreed to this again?"

At least he was being personable with the crowd, making faces and doing the air grabby thing! Stevie was so zoned out. My mistake, tho, that wasn't the pink shirt performance.

foxyluva 08-10-2006 07:54 PM

Quote:

She sounded gutted, like a glassy-eyed trout.

I know - isn't it fantastic!! :wavey:

David 08-10-2006 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxyluva
I know - isn't it fantastic!! :wavey:

She had that special "fish" magic that night.

Of course, Mick Fleetwood tapped his vest for 15 minutes straight & Mr. Rick Vito performed in spandex & rhinestone-studded cowboy boots.

It was the Ship of Fools that night!
:laugh:

JazmenFlowers 08-10-2006 09:38 PM

thanks! I love it.

chiliD 08-11-2006 10:41 AM

Quote:

She had that special "fish" magic that night.

Of course, Mick Fleetwood tapped his vest for 15 minutes straight & Mr. Rick Vito performed in spandex & rhinestone-studded cowboy boots.

It was the Ship of Fools that night!
:laugh:

Um, no, there was no spandex on Mr. Vito.

strandinthewind 08-11-2006 10:58 AM

I LOVED this song on that tour. I saw them in Dallas (I think) and she was great. I remember being amazed because she was way wasted on the Texas OSOTM show I saw. Also, she wore that hot mini. But, she wore, I think, a white outfit with shiny white polka dots on the skirt at the show I saw. The outfit is in the tourbook I believe.

Her delivery in this one is smashing and very unforced. Her voice still has a high range as compared to now.

I think this your was a precurser to the SA tour, which was IMO magnificent.

strandinthewind 08-11-2006 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD
Um, no, there was no spandex on Mr. Vito.

That you saw :p :p

BlackWidow 08-13-2006 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 557804)
I think some other people have told me they don't like it, either. To my ears, the vocal embodies a musical quality from about 1600 to about 1925, to which my ears are attuned. There's a full-bodied quality to Stevie's delivery now that I can't comfortably grasp because it elicits an unpleasant physical sensation in my own upper chest & throat when I hear it.

That's the reason why I like "It's Only Love" the best on that album.

It is her cleanest vocal in years..TISL!