The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   On With the Show Rehearsals (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=53935)

jbrownsjr 07-21-2014 01:09 PM

On With the Show Rehearsals

These begin this month, no? Any news? Where are they rehearsing? My guess would be Los Angeles.

FuzzyPlum 07-21-2014 02:01 PM

I think I read they were due to start this month but I'm not sure whether that was official.
With Micks event on Maui earlier this month I'd say rehearsals wouldn't have been taking place in the first half of July but they could be happening now/soon. I wonder if Christine is back in the States now. Still more than two months until On With The Show- I wonder if they'll fit in some recording with Stevie. The official website is c**p- we really need some updates.

macfan 57 07-21-2014 03:14 PM

In one of Christine's last interviews before she left for the U.K. in May, she mentioned that she would be back in the U.S. at the end of July. That would be next week. I think she also said that rehearsals would be in August.

FM77 07-21-2014 05:54 PM

August is correct. Early August.

Tusky 07-22-2014 03:18 AM

Wow, August? Does this seem really late to anyone? I guess they just have to add Chris' songs into the setlist but still...

elle 07-22-2014 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tusky (Post 1134861)
Wow, August? Does this seem really late to anyone? I guess they just have to add Chris' songs into the setlist but still...

seems really early to me, actually.

they have almost 2 months to rehearse all the same songs they've been doing last year plus add a few Chris songs they've been doing for 20-30 years in the past. seems like a huge overkill and waste of time, but we know how rehearsal-crazy this group of people appears to be. :shrug:

FuzzyPlum 07-22-2014 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1134863)

they have almost 2 months to rehearse all the same songs they've been doing last year plus add a few Chris songs they've been doing for 20-30 years in the past. seems like a huge overkill and waste of time, but we know how rehearsal-crazy this group of people appears to be. :shrug:

Perfect opportunity for a couple of weeks in a studio!

sywlindseyfan 07-22-2014 11:01 AM

Quote:

Elle, I think it might be just the right amount of time if not enough. As a musician, you might be as well, it takes time to relearn songs and especially in different keys. Stevie, Lindsey, and Chris must tighten that amazing beautiful harmony that only they can do. and Chris needs to rehearse every song 5 or ten times to get it down. I have faith, I also can't believe it at the same time. Can you?

vivfox 07-22-2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

seems really early to me, actually. they have almost 2 months to rehearse all the same songs they've been doing last year plus add a few Chris songs they've been doing for 20-30 years in the past. seems like a huge overkill and waste of time, but we know how rehearsal-crazy this group of people appears to be.

Maybe they need that time to rehearse the statements they are going to say in between songs?

vivfox 07-22-2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1134874)
Maybe they need that time to rehearse the statements they are going to say in between songs?

All joking aside, we know the band is already familiar with the set but the crew has to be trained what goes where and how it's all done. I doubt they have the same people on every tour working for them.

Neal 07-22-2014 05:55 PM

Quote:

Damn it, I was gonna say the same thing.

PenguinHead 07-22-2014 06:20 PM

Quote:

:laugh: so true, except for John, who just utters a few words. I look forward to hearing Christine's talking voice - her sultry thick English accent.

jbrownsjr 07-22-2014 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sywlindseyfan (Post 1134873)
Elle, I think it might be just the right amount of time if not enough. As a musician, you might be as well, it takes time to relearn songs and especially in different keys. Stevie, Lindsey, and Chris must tighten that amazing beautiful harmony that only they can do. and Chris needs to rehearse every song 5 or ten times to get it down. I have faith, I also can't believe it at the same time. Can you?

There are the harmonies, breaking Christine back in, technical rehearsal, weeding out songs from the set. There's so much to do. It almost seems like not enough time.

shackin'up 07-23-2014 11:27 AM

Recording backingtracks for each Christinesong, and rerecording backingtracks for the others.

jbrownsjr 07-23-2014 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shackin'up (Post 1134942)
Recording backingtracks for each Christinesong, and rerecording backingtracks for the others.

Haha!! Absolutely!