The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   MOVIES you watched this week? (DVD) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=39417)

SortaSavageLike 03-24-2009 06:39 PM

Das Boot. The entire five hour television version in German with English subtitles - but not in one sitting. You don't just watch that movie - you conquer it it. Seriously - I watched it yesterday and I'm still exhausted. And it's such a great chick flick, too!

(Not really...)

iamnotafraid 03-24-2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 809172)
Quantum Of Solace, Amazing! If you have a good home theatre
system, this is the movie to rent. Best sounding movie I've ever heard.
Daniel Craig is BOND! I think I'll watch it again tonight before I have to
send it back.

Forgot to mention that I listened to it in DTS 5.1
Try that option if you have it.

DavidMn 03-25-2009 12:40 AM

I enjoyed a doubleheader last night of Total Recall and Die Another day.:)

LukeA 03-25-2009 03:43 AM

"Death To Smoochy" has been on HBO a lot recently. I highly anticipated this movie for months prior to its release, and while I was disappointed when it first came out, its only gotten better on repeated viewings. Its flawed, but its a great dark comedy.

skcin 03-25-2009 12:46 PM

Ghost Town (?) with Ricky Gervais. Mildly amusing.

kak125 03-25-2009 01:17 PM

I just watched Deception with Hugh Jackman, Ewan Mcgregor and Michelle Williams. It was a damm good movie.

Ghost_Tracker 03-25-2009 05:17 PM

Starting in on the "Godfather" trilogy this week.
Gonna take a while - There's a total of like 8 and a half hours! :shocked: :rolleyes:

JazmenFlowers 03-25-2009 09:56 PM

^^^
I have the trilogy. everyone was in awe that I had not ever seen it so I got it. I've only watched the first one and it was good...long, but good. I still don't really get it I guess.

I did buy Twilight and even though I saw it in the theater I watched it twice. I'm about halfway through New Moon now.

iamnotafraid 03-26-2009 02:28 AM

and the list continues......

Flash Of Genius, pretty good movie, a little boring at times.

Appaloosa, Just horrible. What was Renee Zellweger thinking?

BTFLCHLD 03-26-2009 11:00 AM

BOLT :thumbsup:

gretchen 03-26-2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD (Post 809592)
BOLT :thumbsup:

I wat to see that! It looks so cute!

David 03-26-2009 03:39 PM

"Calcutta" - Malle

I watched half of "Phantom India" but I got bored, so I switched over to "Calcutta"

Zombie 03-26-2009 05:40 PM

Let's see - in the last week:

Slumdog Millionaire - god bless you, Danny Boyle, for being so freakin' versatile.

No Country for Old Men - I was wary, because I am a major Cormac McCarthy disciple, but the Coens did okay.

Burn After Reading - Was not earth-shaking, but was fun - also, John Malkovich with a hatchet? Yes please.

Audition - I always use this film to introduce the uninitiated to the wonders of Miike. Good times, good times. :lol:

Not a movie, but I also watched some Carnivale, because I never get tired of the brilliance that was that show.

iamnotafraid 03-27-2009 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie (Post 809775)
Not a movie, but I also watched some Carnivale, because I never get tired of the brilliance that was that show.

If you're talking about HBO's Carnivale, I totally agree.
I wish they would bring Carnivale and Deadwood back
for at least one more season.

Zombie 03-27-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 810031)
If you're talking about HBO's Carnivale, I totally agree.
I wish they would bring Carnivale and Deadwood back
for at least one more season.

Yes, the very one. So brilliant.

It won't come back, I don't think, but I wish it would. It breaks my heart we only got 2 seasons. To me, that show is an example of what TV can be when it tries.

I'm not as crazy over Deadwood, but that was a great show, too - I think it's easier to get over the loss of that one because if you want to know what happened, you can go read it in a book. Not the same for Brother Justin & Ben. Sigh.