The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lindsey and Christine then and now (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58490)

secret love 12-30-2018 02:00 PM

Lindsey and Christine then and now

If Christine died or was sick, Lindsey would automatically be asked to rejoin Fleetwood Mac...? Discuss.

cbBen 12-31-2018 12:27 AM

Or they'd close up shop.

Conga 12-31-2018 01:18 AM

Bit of a horrible thought atm. But I don't know, I doubt it.

HomerMcvie 12-31-2018 02:21 AM

Christine IS now frail.

Surely to god they wouldn't go on without Lindsey OR Christine.

I mean, Mick would, because he's a sleazy whore, but would they really call The Old Goat Breath Show, Fleetwood Mac?

jmn3 12-31-2018 06:55 AM

Pretty dark topic but I have to think Fleetwood Mac as a brand would suffer considerably without Christine and Lindsey. Only having one Fleetwood Mac singer and a bunch of other guys covering the rest of the set probably wouldn't work.

That said, I can't say Mick nor Stevie wouldn't think about it or give it a whirl...er..twirl.

vivfox 12-31-2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1247132)
I mean, Mick would, because he's a sleazy whore

You never fail to make me laugh:laugh:

HomerMcvie 12-31-2018 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1247153)
You never fail to make me laugh:laugh:

:laugh: Thanks. I'm brutally honest!

No one has argued the point, either! :wavey:

secondhandchain 12-31-2018 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1247132)
Christine IS now frail.

Surely to god they wouldn't go on without Lindsey OR Christine.

I mean, Mick would, because he's a sleazy whore, but would they really call The Old Goat Breath Show, Fleetwood Mac?

If Goat breath were to kick the bucket M$ck the money whore would probably stuff the goat and do a "Weekend at Stevies" tour.

HomerMcvie 12-31-2018 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1247166)
If Goat breath were to kick the bucket M$ck the money whore would probably stuff the goat and do a "Weekend at Stevies" tour.

Preach!

I wouldn't put anything past that old sleazebag. He'd sell his dead Momma's panties for a nickel.

You know, I'd pay up see THAT tour! :lol::wavey:

vivfox 12-31-2018 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1247155)
No one has argued the point either! :wavey:

That's true. Mick has no defenders. We all collectively laugh at him. And could you imagine the multiple bankruptcies? That alone is extremely pathetic.:laugh:

secret love 01-01-2019 02:54 AM

For all his faults (can't manage bands or money, lies through his teeth, can't play more than one instrument, is a terrible songwriter credited to the worst Fleetwood Mac song ever "These Strange Times"), Mick is a great orator and a wonderful showman.

SteveMacD 01-01-2019 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1247183)
For all his faults (can't manage bands or money, lies through his teeth, can't play more than one instrument, is a terrible songwriter credited to the worst Fleetwood Mac song ever "These Strange Times"), Mick is a great orator and a wonderful showman.

Hell, “These Strange Times” isn’t even the worst song on “Time.” It’s curious that you bring this up right after saying he can’t play more than one instrument, since he played lead guitar on it.

Say what you want, but Mick held the band together and became their biggest cheerleaders. They made Fleetwood Mac, Rumours, and Tusk when he was the manager. He may have been bad with money, but he certainly sought situations that fostered creativity without influence from the industry.

BombaySapphire3 01-01-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1247183)
Mick is a great orator and a wonderful showman.

He has family members who are Shakespearean actors..he may have missed his calling.

HomerMcvie 01-01-2019 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1247192)
He has family members who are Shakespearean actors..he may have missed his calling.

I heard that Summer's Eve is looking for a new spokesman.

SteveMacD 01-01-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1247100)
If Christine died or was sick, Lindsey would automatically be asked to rejoin Fleetwood Mac...? Discuss.

No. I think Lindsey’s time in Fleetwood Mac is up.

If/when something happens to Christine, Fleetwood Mac will either disband or continue on with the surviving members, with Neil splitting between rhythm guitar and keyboards.