The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Lindsey should form a new band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57934)

TrueFaith77 05-23-2018 06:53 PM

Lindsey should form a new band

My ideal band for Linds to lead would be:

Lindsey Buckingham (guitar, vocal) As a producer and guitarist he could give them as much as he would gain

Iris DeMent (piano, vocal) - she is the greatest modern American female music artist; country/folk; Billy and Bekka did backing vocals for her in the past

Florrie (drums, vocal) - until her record contract extinguished her, she was consistently the best maker of pop music this decade; she is totally Lindsey’s type ;) ; and her drumming recalls Stephen Morris!

Peter Hook (bass) - his signature high-toned bass makes him the most distinctive bass player in history and he was similarly fired from his band New Order which is inarguably one of the five greatest bands of all time so ...

They r worthy! And I don’t want him to lose the collaborative aspect of his genius

dreamsunwind 05-23-2018 07:09 PM

I remember there was a clipping from an 80s magazine about Lindsey where it mentioned how Don Henley wanted to start a band with him. And then Don himself talked about it later, he tried to convince Lindsey to go out on the road with him and said he joked that they could even call it the 'Stevie Nicks Ex-Lovers Tour'.
That should totally happen now. I personally would follow it across the country.

Iamwilliame 05-23-2018 07:41 PM

I would be very excited to see Lindsey form a new band.

Sugar Mouse 05-24-2018 03:54 PM

Ok ... here would be my choices for Lindsey's new band.

Lindsey Buckingham

Karen Grotberg (from The Jayhawks) taking the Christine role. Karen is very similar to Christine McVie. She plays piano and can sing beautifully.

Patty Griffin taking the Stevie role. Amazing voice and songwriter.

Ron Blair (from The Heartbreakers) on bass guitar. Excellent bass player.

Steve Ferrone (from The Heartbreakers) on drums. Amazing drummer.

elle 05-24-2018 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse (Post 1229046)
Ok ... here would be my choices for Lindsey's new band.

Lindsey Buckingham

Karen Grotberg (from The Jayhawks) taking the Christine role. Karen is very similar to Christine McVie. She plays piano and can sing beautifully.

Patty Griffin taking the Stevie role. Amazing voice and songwriter.

Ron Blair (from The Heartbreakers) on bass guitar. Excellent bass player.

Steve Ferrone (from The Heartbreakers) on drums. Amazing drummer.

lol - taking roles? why would he try to make up a new FM?? also FM now has 6 members if you haven't heard. :D

oh and Nicks can have all the Heartbreakers she wants.

lbfan 05-24-2018 07:52 PM

Duet

I’d like to see Lindsey record more duet albums like Buckingham McVie, but with other artists. Maybe even a duets album with several different artists. Although he didn’t seem too enaamored with the Norah Jones experience.

elle 05-24-2018 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbfan (Post 1229065)
I’d like to see Lindsey record more duet albums like Buckingham McVie, but with other artists. Maybe even a duets album with several different artists. Although he didn’t seem too enaamored with the Norah Jones experience.

because Norah and him were never in the same room for that recording. real working together for a day or 2 would be cool.

and yeah, i am with you, i want him collaborating with other artists, but not tied up to just a single artist or group of people. he's been working with very different people and bands in this century, and i want that now done much more. it usually takes him just a day or 2 for these collaborations too (like with Reznor or those electronica guys) so there's time for many!

sasja 05-25-2018 10:33 PM

OMG yes, Iris DeMent!!!!! I worship her.

TrueFaith77 05-26-2018 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasja (Post 1229214)
OMG yes, Iris DeMent!!!!! I worship her.

Same. NOBODY makes me cry like Iris. And she could benefit from Lindsey’s gifts. To me, she embodies America like Sarah Cracknell embodies England.

I consider all 6 of her albums to be masterpieces.

Peestie 05-26-2018 12:45 PM

I'd prefer he work on his solo stuff. The odd guest appearance or soundtrack contribution is always welcome, but Lindsey is at his best when he doesn't dilute himself (e.g. Tusk, Go Insane, 90s GOS, post-SYW solo albums). I want him to keep exploring his own musical worlds.

That said, I would like him to work with a real drummer or percussionist to record the parts for his solo work. I'd love to hear what Walfredo would bring to studio tracks.

SteveMacD 05-26-2018 01:15 PM

I think he and Susanna Hoffs should do a duo album and tour.

Sugar Mouse 05-26-2018 01:46 PM

If Christine leaves the band and joins Lindsey, it wouldn't surprise me if they tour as something like "Lindsey Buckingham's Fleetwood Mac." I hope Christine stays with the band as I can see her and Neil bonding over their similar songwriting styles. They both write in the classic McCartney mode and Finn/McVie songs could be magical.

SteveMacD 05-26-2018 02:09 PM

He couldn’t use the name. Mick and John own it.

Sugar Mouse 05-26-2018 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1229258)
He couldn’t use the name. Mick and John own it.

They own the name Fleetwood Mac. Most courts have ruled that someone's "Band Name" is ok. Would likely require lawyers to settle this if it came to that.

SteveMacD 05-26-2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse (Post 1229259)
They own the name Fleetwood Mac. Most courts have ruled that someone's "Band Name" is ok. Would likely require lawyers to settle this if it came to that.

Already settled in court in the late ‘70s.