The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Warner trolls on YouTube (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=38525)

SpyNote 12-28-2008 12:42 AM

Warner trolls on YouTube

The evil empire shut down both of my accounts. Bastards. :distress:

I wonder if they're planning to start up their own Mac channel for the upcoming tour.

DavidMn 12-28-2008 12:43 AM

So all of your videos are gone?

SpyNote 12-28-2008 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn (Post 790429)
So all of your videos are gone?

Yep. I guess they freaked out when they saw that the Gypsy vid had received 1.2 million views. Stupid record label, behind the times as usual, and taking it out on the consumer. :mad:

DavidMn 12-28-2008 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyNote (Post 790430)
Yep. I guess they freaked out when they saw that the Gypsy vid had received 1.2 million views. Stupid record label, behind the times as usual, and taking it out on the consumer. :mad:

Dumb question, but how is that costing WB money?

SpyNote 12-28-2008 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn (Post 790432)
Dumb question, but how is that costing WB money?

It doesn't. The vast majority of people who don't already own the song will download the song from iTunes or Amazon or buy the CD.

DavidMn 12-28-2008 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyNote (Post 790433)
It doesn't. The vast majority of people who don't already own the song will download the song from iTunes or Amazon or buy the CD.

Then it seems like they have no reason to do that to you. From what I know, youre not that type of guy I.E doing illigeal **** like that so sounds like paranoia to me.

SpyNote 12-28-2008 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn (Post 790434)
Then it seems like they have no reason to do that to you. From what I know, youre not that type of guy I.E doing illigeal **** like that so sounds like paranoia to me.

They're just approaching it all wrong. These are the same people who thought slapping grandma and 8-year-old girls with lawsuits for illegally downloading three songs would send a compelling message to the public... Well maybe one...the record industry is full of idiots!

stevierocks87 12-28-2008 01:30 AM

That is so stupid. Idiots. YouTube is both free promotion and a great service to fans. Do they have an "official" Gypsy video unloaded? I hope they totally self-destruct. The whole music industry needs to accept this new technology, that this is way music is heading (and where it IS), and to work in that context in a new and innovative way. Bastards.

LukeA 12-28-2008 01:43 AM

Warner's in negotiations with Youtube as well as Google (Video)- they're looking for the best (most profitable) company to partner with.

In the meantime, you can watch all of Fleetwood Mac's official music videos on vh1.com.

SpyNote 12-28-2008 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevierocks87 (Post 790436)
That is so stupid. Idiots. YouTube is both free promotion and a great service to fans. Do they have an "official" Gypsy video unloaded? I hope they totally self-destruct. The whole music industry needs to accept this new technology, that this is way music is heading (and where it IS), and to work in that context in a new and innovative way. Bastards.

No official Gypsy video posted. :rolleyes: Given that YouTube is largest social networking platform online today, you'd think this would be the first place they'd go to make deals.

Moz 12-28-2008 02:26 AM

That's crazy. :shocked: Seriously, how is this costing them money? It isn't. If there was an official DVD with music videos and live shows, and you posted them on YouTube, then maybe I can understand why they'd take your channels down. Insanity.

Zombie 12-28-2008 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeA (Post 790437)
Warner's in negotiations with Youtube as well as Google (Video)- they're looking for the best (most profitable) company to partner with.

Actually, that's not true anymore. Warner Music Group wanted more money, and they were all unable to reach an agreement on the cash - negotiations have now ended entirely. Warner Music Group was the first such organization to make a deal with YouTube, and now the first one to also walk out on it.

So what's happening now is that YouTube themselves are yanking ALL Warner Music Group content entirely - even from the "official" channels of the actual Warner artists. For example, I can go look at Mastodon's channel and view any of the videos made for albums on the Relapse label, but I cannot view any made for their Warner albums.

The antics of companies like this never fail to crack me up - they are dumb as a bag of hammers not to want to capitalize on the enormous amount of extremely low-overhead publicity and marketing potential the 'net offers.

Warner and Lars Ulrich should get together and go bowling.

Idjits.

gldstwmn 12-28-2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyNote (Post 790430)

Yep. When it comes to marketing and Fleetwood Mac, Warner's has always been genius. Not.

fleetwoodtrick 12-28-2008 02:04 PM

They took my Needles and Pins video down too. That was my vid with the most views. D:

Sahara 12-28-2008 02:15 PM

Ggrrr. *sympathy hug*