The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Christine on Radio 2 (UK) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56396)

sue 09-21-2016 08:32 AM

Christine on Radio 2 (UK)
 
Christine is appearing on STEVE WRIGHT's Radio show this afternoon (Wednesday)
on BBC Radio2..to talk about issue of deluxe version of "Mirage"....
Steve has just announced this...now he has Golden Oldies non-stop between 3 and 3/;30 so she must be on after 3:30 sometime.

sue 09-21-2016 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1191435)
Christine is appearing on STEVE WRIGHT's Radio show this afternoon (Wednesday)
on BBC Radio2..to talk about issue of deluxe version of "Mirage"....
Steve has just announced this...now he has Golden Oldies non-stop between 3 and 3/;30 so she must be on after 3:30 sometime.

...Just realised its only 2:30...so anytime really......sorry, packing for hols so a bit stressed.......

Elliefw 09-21-2016 10:51 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p048lm2c

Elliefw 09-21-2016 10:54 AM

It seems she definatly confirmed a world tour for next year...

sue 09-21-2016 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliefw (Post 1191439)
It seems she definatly confirmed a world tour for next year...

Doesn't she say --"its all signed on the dotted line"
World tour for sure , next year--

FuzzyPlum 09-21-2016 12:54 PM

A Brummie accent came through in that interview- more so than I've ever heard before.

sue 09-21-2016 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1191447)
A Brummie accent came through in that interview- more so than I've ever heard before.

I am a Brummie, living down in North Hampshire, but when I go home....wow its as if I never left and is stronger than ever......so maybe she's been back to Brum, visiting friends or relatives

jbrownsjr 09-21-2016 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1191447)
A Brummie accent came through in that interview- more so than I've ever heard before.

haha!! explain... the difference..

FuzzyPlum 09-21-2016 01:48 PM

A Brummie accent is a Birmingham accent. Its kind of, er, hard to explain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTezsyiMuWE

It just comes through every now and then but I'd never really noticed it from her before.
I guess it notably shows at around 9.30

'We just sang together one day'

But then most of the time she just has a Home Counties accent

sue 09-21-2016 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1191450)
haha!! explain... the difference..

addo oil gie it a goo...

I lioke this forum, its bostin..

Ooo is the weather with yaouw?

Its dull eya.

Apologies to all other Brummies, its very difficult to write down, very flat vowels..
A regional accent that is not very much liked except by us Brummies.

jbrownsjr 09-21-2016 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1191454)
addo oil gie it a goo...

I lioke this forum, its bostin..

Ooo is the weather with yaouw?

Its dull eya.

Apologies to all other Brummies, its very difficult to write down, very flat vowels..
A regional accent that is not very much liked except by us Brummies.


Thank you!!! I'm an actor, so as funny as that was.. i get it. xoxoxox

jbrownsjr 09-21-2016 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1191452)
A Brummie accent is a Birmingham accent. Its kind of, er, hard to explain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTezsyiMuWE

It just comes through every now and then but I'd never really noticed it from her before.
I guess it notably shows at around 9.30

'We just sang together one day'

But then most of the time she just has a Home Counties accent

fantastic!!! lessons learned...

elle 09-21-2016 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1191460)
fantastic!!! lessons learned...

"there are little off-shoots from the band, Lindsey and i started to make a new studio album"
"but that doesn't mean the band is splitting again?"
"no no we are doing a world tour we've signed on the dotted line"

jbrownsjr 09-22-2016 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1191492)
"there are little off-shoots from the band, Lindsey and i started to make a new studio album"
"but that doesn't mean the band is splitting again?"
"no no we are doing a world tour we've signed on the dotted line"

God, please let me hear that new music.

Macfan4life 09-22-2016 06:03 PM

Gosh these interviewers were HORRIBLE. It frustrates me so much to get a rock legend in your studio and you don't prepare. In the meantime was 12 years ago that Chris recorded with her nephew. These guys said.... you were here only a few years ago with your cousin?
They did not know how to classify Fleetwood Mac's music in the late 60s or early 70s? WTF? How dare you ask that question to Christine. She should have walked out ;)
When Chris said she never heard the new Mirage release....how about playing 30 seconds of Hold Me or something and get her thoughts?
Instead, we get the same questions and answers Chris has been answering for 2 years now. You had a fear of flying? Wow. How did you get over it?
Such a lost moment!
:eek:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved