The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Peter Green (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Bluesbreakers Live in 1967 - Volume 2 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=55901)

sharksfan2000 02-27-2016 07:28 PM

Bluesbreakers Live in 1967 - Volume 2

Just saw a Facebook post (thanks, Don Brown!) with a link to the listing on Amazon UK:
Bluesbreakers Live in 1967 - Volume 2

It shows a release date of 5/6/16. I assume this will be available through Amazon in the US as well. I'd read last year that enough tracks were selected for two CDs and that the second one would be released soon, so here it is.

Track listing per Amazon:
1. Tears In My Eyes
2. Your Funeral And My Trial
3. So Many Roads
4. Bye Bye Bird
5. Please Don't Tell
6. Sweet Little Angel
7. Talk To Your Daughter
8. Bad Boy
9. Stormy Monday
10. Greeny
11. Ridin' On The L & N
12. Chicago Line
13. Double Trouble

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...3L._SX425_.jpg

lazy poker 02-28-2016 08:49 AM

. . . AAAAAAHH!!! great, great, GREAT - thanks for pointing out, sharksfan!
:thumbsup:
:]

dino 03-01-2016 03:44 PM

Thanks for the heads-up :-).

doodyhead 03-01-2016 07:30 PM

I was hoping this would continue

Thanks for the heads Up Sharksfan. I was hoping the John Mayall would want more of this out. I am hoping Peter gets something out of this as well.

Rubber Duck 03-02-2016 04:27 AM

Thanks!
I liked the last one. Will be great to get "Greeny" live!

zoork_1 03-03-2016 04:06 PM

Great news, thanks..

AccidentalLight 03-06-2016 06:51 AM

Just checked the originals but there is no "Greeny" on those - maybe I missed one. Additionally, there is no "Four Million Nobs" on the Volume 2 track-list and this would be inexcusable.

I have a half memory of reading something saying that Four Million Nobs turned into Greeny but could never find the quote again. Maybe Greeny is Four Million Nobs

sharksfan2000 03-06-2016 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccidentalLight (Post 1179150)
Just checked the originals but there is no "Greeny" on those - maybe I missed one. Additionally, there is no "Four Million Nobs" on the Volume 2 track-list and this would be inexcusable.

I have a half memory of reading something saying that Four Million Nobs turned into Greeny but could never find the quote again. Maybe Greeny is Four Million Nobs

Same track, different title.

Also of note is that this track is from the Ram Jam Club show in early February 1967 with Aynsley Dunbar on drums, not Mick Fleetwood.

AccidentalLight 03-08-2016 03:53 AM

Ram Jam Club - I find that surprising. This is "One Million Nobs" presumably before Peter discovered the extra 3 million. "Four Million Nobs" on The Marquee tape of 27th April is, IMHO, far, far superior. Faster, more dynamic and generally much better playing.

Anyone listening to this and expecting a live version of "Greeny" all laid-back style will be (hopefully) pleasantly surprised.

My favourite track of all the live tapes (four million version)

sharksfan2000 03-08-2016 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccidentalLight (Post 1179236)
Ram Jam Club - I find that surprising. This is "One Million Nobs" presumably before Peter discovered the extra 3 million. "Four Million Nobs" on The Marquee tape of 27th April is, IMHO, far, far superior. Faster, more dynamic and generally much better playing.

Anyone listening to this and expecting a live version of "Greeny" all laid-back style will be (hopefully) pleasantly surprised.

My favourite track of all the live tapes (four million version)

My error, AccidentalLight, and I'll bet you're correct. I spotted the "Four Million Knobs" track on the Ram Jam Club date tracklist and missed seeing that it was also recorded on the Marquee Club date. It's been awhile since I listened to either of them. So most likely the recording selected for the upcoming Mayall disc is from that later Marquee show that does include Mick Fleetwood.

"Laid-back" is definitely not Peter's style during most of these live tapes - his playing was more aggressive than nearly anything he did afterwards.

dino 03-09-2016 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 (Post 1179242)
My error, AccidentalLight, and I'll bet you're correct. I spotted the "Four Million Knobs" track on the Ram Jam Club date tracklist and missed seeing that it was also recorded on the Marquee Club date. It's been awhile since I listened to either of them. So most likely the recording selected for the upcoming Mayall disc is from that later Marquee show that does include Mick Fleetwood.

"Laid-back" is definitely not Peter's style during most of these live tapes - his playing was more aggressive than nearly anything he did afterwards.

Peter is playing loud and fast as heck. Must have felt the pressure of replacing Clapto. While he soon developed his unique and wonderful less-is-more approach, it's fun to hear this development stage.

sharksfan2000 05-06-2016 11:14 AM

Just a reminder - this is available as of today! It's listed on both the Amazon US and UK websites, and it sounds like some people have actually received CDs from Amazon already.

Rubber Duck 05-23-2016 09:08 AM

Got this today...
Just had a quick listen to Greeny - Peter is on FIRE!!:thumbsup:

GJK 05-26-2016 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubber Duck (Post 1184395)
Got this today...

Will get this one of these days!
Can't wait, but I'll have to.

GJK