The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Forecast for 2019 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58477)

mitzo 12-24-2018 08:19 PM

Forecast for 2019

So after the current FM tour ends and Stevie gets her RRHOF award, then what? Recording either solo or with FM? I am thinking another solo tour with no new music? What I would really love is 24KG part 2, but that is unlikely, I think.

Jondalar 12-26-2018 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1246927)
So after the current FM tour ends and Stevie gets her RRHOF award, then what? Recording either solo or with FM? I am thinking another solo tour with no new music? What I would really love is 24KG part 2, but that is unlikely, I think.

I want 24k part 2 too.

I want Forest of Black Roses, 3 Birds if Rhiannon, Night Gallery...

mitzo 12-26-2018 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1246949)
I want 24k part 2 too.

I want Forest of Black Roses, 3 Birds if Rhiannon, Night Gallery...

We definitely have similar taste. What a legacy if she were to do a part two with these songs. Another demo I love is Ooh Baby but it might be hard to manage now with her vocal limitations. But 24KG gave us frigging Mabel Normand and All the Beautiful Worlds. I fear there will be no new album ever, though.

Richard B 12-26-2018 10:51 AM

I'd also welcome 24K Part 2 too.
That said, I'd like a re-release of Vol 1, but with a 2nd CD of the actual original demos. Vol 2, would be the same, demos re-recorded but include a 2nd Cd of the original demos. It's neat to hear the original, then the re-recorded versions.

jcalzaretta 12-28-2018 05:54 PM

I also want Forest of the Black Roses. Always wanted that with Fleetwood Mac. I also want Julia and Sanctuary.

jcalzaretta 12-28-2018 05:56 PM

I always wish FM would have done a new record. She could have dusted some of these off although I must say - after seeing how Smile at You was destroyed on Say You Will, I might have been too protective of some of these gems!

secondhandchain 12-28-2018 05:59 PM

What else can Stevie destroy in 2019?

Nick 12-28-2018 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1247058)
What else can Stevie destroy in 2019?

You hopefully.

BrownEyedGirl26 12-29-2018 12:41 AM

Forcast for 2019

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 1247060)
You hopefully.

:thumbsup::]:nod::angel::xoxo:

Phil 12-29-2018 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick
You hopefully.
Best post of the year and long overdue.

The Chain 12-29-2018 11:56 AM

Actually, what's long overdue is for you worshipers of a one-note, creatively dried-up hack is to admit that she's got nothing new to bring to the table and is a disgrace to art and WORKING artists everywhere, on top of just being a horrible human being these days.

but, for people jumping for joy over her being inducted into one of the biggest jokes in the industry, well..of course you'll never see that:wavey:

secondhandchain 12-29-2018 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 1247060)
You hopefully.

of course you probably think your highness has the power to do that. Nothing she does is a problem for you. Now run along and get fitted for your newest Stevie black dress.

Netter75 12-29-2018 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chain (Post 1247070)
Actually, what's long overdue is for you worshipers of a one-note, creatively dried-up hack is to admit that she's got nothing new to bring to the table and is a disgrace to art and WORKING artists everywhere, on top of just being a horrible human being these days.

but, for people jumping for joy over her being inducted into one of the biggest jokes in the industry, well..of course you'll never see that:wavey:

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain
of course you probably think your highness has the power to do that. Nothing she does is a problem for you. Now run along and get fitted for your newest Stevie black dress.

You two must be fun at parties :nod:

Everyone's obviously entitled to their opinions but I'm not sure what you're hoping to accomplish by entering a Stevie forum and whining. It's not adding a whole lot to the discussion.

Phil 12-29-2018 07:02 PM

Not the cleverest of responses but I wasn't expecting otherwise.

I'm realistic about Stevie, as an artist and a human being, believing her to be flawed on both counts. However, this doesn't negate what she has 'brought to the table' at various times during her extensive career.

It's sufficiently perplexing that provocative anti-Stevie comments are littering the FM Forums but why feel the need to further inject venom elsewhere?

I've been entertained by various (negative) comments about all of the band members at times over the years and have even contributed on occasion but it does get a little tedious after a while. For the better part of a year, the narrative has gone unchanged. It's just not funny any more.

Netter75 12-29-2018 07:17 PM

On the topic at hand, there were rumblings about a DVD/Blu-Ray of the 24 Karat Gold Tour maybe being released. Hopefully that is next as good sounding recordings of Moonlight, If You Were My Love, Crying in the Night, etc would be great.

Nick 12-29-2018 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1247077)

Not true, you human waste. I was annoyed she didn't join Christine and the fired guy for that album in 2017.

jcalzaretta 12-29-2018 09:29 PM

This Stevie bashing is getting really old.

For 2019, I would like to see something new of course. I would love a 24 Karat Gold 2. I loved that record. Getting some of her old stuff in raw form was really great to me. What could be fun is a duet record with her and some great people - force something new. And I would LOVE her to record something with Christine.

BombaySapphire3 12-29-2018 11:34 PM

She seems to have lost all desire to create. Stevie's music saw me through some difficult times in a somewhat chaotic youth and for that I will always love her..but that girl seems to have all but disappeared ..she was just a wish.

DownOnRodeo 12-30-2018 01:09 AM

Quote:

Forecast for 2019

According to the horse's mouth, the Stevie forecast is "apartment dancing until 2028."

Phil 12-30-2018 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3
...I will always love her..but that girl seems to have all but disappeared ..she was just a wish.
'That girl' is 70 years old for Christ's sake. If she wants to do something, she will; if not, it's her prerogative. Give it a rest.

BombaySapphire3 12-30-2018 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 1247089)
'That girl' is 70 years old for Christ's sake. If she wants to do something, she will; if not, it's her prerogative. Give it a rest.

I seem to recall you making many vitriolic and negative remarks about Stevie ,Christine etc in the past on these forums ..hypocrite.

AliceLover 12-30-2018 10:22 AM

I bet the Mac adds Austrailia dates for late 2019....

secret love 12-30-2018 02:36 PM

If the Mac adds Australian dates for late 2019, I will die a happy fan.

BombaySapphire3 12-30-2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1247102)
If the Mac adds Australian dates for late 2019, I will die a happy fan.

Phil says he does not want Stevie to tour in Australia (where he lives ) because she is too "old and shabby" .:laugh: and then is castigating others for criticizing her now..someone needs to take their psych meds.

Phil 12-31-2018 07:54 AM

Quote:

I seem to recall you making many vitriolic and negative remarks about Stevie ,Christine etc in the past on these forums ..hypocrite.
...and it would seem that my recollection of you as an immature, obtuse ignoramus is accurate.

As stated in my earlier post, "I've been entertained by various (negative) comments about all of the band members at times over the years and have even contributed on occasion" but my point was that "it does get a little tedious after a while".

Quote:

Phil says he does not want Stevie to tour in Australia (where he lives ) because she is too "old and shabby" . and then is castigating others for criticizing her now..someone needs to take their psych meds.
For the record, I stand by this comment (made some time ago) because I believe Stevie's touring days are behind her. Her performances have lacked spontaneity and nuance for the last twenty years, with a noticeable decline each year. Furthermore, no amount of surgery, hair extensions and lighting can conceal the fact she is a 70 year old woman. To believe otherwise is sad and ill-fated - i.e. she can never contend with her former self.
To be frank, I think she's wasting valuable time touring when she could, in theory, create work of substance in the recording studio but then that's another story.

I've stated on many occasions over the last 10 years or so that Stevie's arrogance and inflated ego have caused me to dislike her as a person, to the point of no return. I also believe she was foolish not to participate in one last Fleetwood Mac album but ultimately, this - and the way she behaves - is her choice.
In short, she can do whatever she wants, good or bad.

As for medication my friend, you would do well to invest in a substantial amount of it - maybe even stockpile - but be sure to consume it all in one sitting.

BombaySapphire3 12-31-2018 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 1247142)
...and it would seem that my recollection of you as an immature, obtuse ignoramus is accurate.

As stated in my earlier post, "I've been entertained by various (negative) comments about all of the band members at times over the years and have even contributed on occasion" but my point was that "it does get a little tedious after a while".

For the record, I stand by this comment (made some time ago) because I believe Stevie's touring days are behind her. Her performances have lacked spontaneity and nuance for the last twenty years, with a noticeable decline each year. Furthermore, no amount of surgery, hair extensions and lighting can conceal the fact she is a 70 year old woman. To believe otherwise is sad and ill-fated - i.e. she can never contend with her former self.
To be frank, I think she's wasting valuable time touring when she could, in theory, create work of substance in the recording studio but then that's another story.

I've stated on many occasions over the last 10 years or so that Stevie's arrogance and inflated ego have caused me to dislike her as a person, to the point of no return. I also believe she was foolish not to participate in one last Fleetwood Mac album but ultimately, this - and the way she behaves - is her choice.
In short, she can do whatever she wants, good or bad.

As for medication my friend, you would do well to invest in a substantial amount of it - maybe even stockpile - but be sure to consume it all in one sitting.

I was wondering do some people that live down under have a rectal cranium disorder.:shrug: After reading some of your post it does give one pause to thought.

cactusjack 01-01-2019 04:38 PM

An Australian/NZ tour for October-November is inevitable (especially given that Neil Finn is in the line-up), so don't expect any solo activity (bar stuff related to the Hall of Fame)

gldstwmn 01-02-2019 12:10 PM

Quote:

I think it's entirely possible we could get 24K part 2. She still has a lot of unreleased demos.

gldstwmn 01-02-2019 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AliceLover (Post 1247096)
I bet the Mac adds Austrailia dates for late 2019....

I'm pretty sure that's the plan.

Buster 01-02-2019 01:24 PM

I’d love a small venue tour playing Bella Donna in its entirety.

gldstwmn 01-02-2019 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster (Post 1247236)
I’d love a small venue tour playing Bella Donna in its entirety.

That would be cool. She could play The Dealer and Julia too.

David 01-02-2019 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1247223)
I'm pretty sure that's the plan.

Chris, why would the band wait until late 2019? Why don't they go to Australia right after they're finished with Europe? Aren't they finished in Europe in June? Why break for an entire summer and fall (other than exhaustion, I suppose)?

gldstwmn 01-02-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1247260)
Chris, why would the band wait until late 2019? Why don't they go to Australia right after they're finished with Europe? Aren't they finished in Europe in June? Why break for an entire summer and fall (other than exhaustion, I suppose)?

I think it's the weather. June is their winter.