The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Rolling Stone's Greatest Guitarists of All Time (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=11453)

4Buck 08-29-2003 12:40 PM

Rolling Stone's Greatest Guitarists of All Time

......Why isn't Buckingham on here?!

He should be on this list!!!

http://www.rollingstone.com/features...n.asp?pid=1917

http://www.rollingstone.com/boards/m...asp?tid=414227

wondergirl9847 08-29-2003 01:08 PM

I forgot!!

I was gonna post that here and forgot to because the server was down. :rolleyes:

Anywho...yeah, WHY is Liddy Buck NOT on this list?!? YAY for Peter Green :D but dangit, Lindsey ALWAYS gets overlooked. :mad:

I wouldn't use Rolling Stone Magazine even if I was out of toilet paper!! :laugh:

4Buck 08-29-2003 01:15 PM

....I registered on RS to protest, but something's not working for me.

.....Must be not be able to accept cookies or something.......
distress:

But my posting works on HERE!?

stefan 08-29-2003 02:18 PM

O.K. I really love Keith Richards- his freaky voice, the familiar sound of his guitar riffs, the songwriting and just the way he is. I love his solo albums even more than the Stones albums, especially the great "Talk is cheap". But if you can say anything about him- he surely isn't a great guitarist per se. (talking of technical abilities and of his live performances with a lot of "mi****s" and wrong playing) As I said I love him but he's truly not number 10 on a list like this. That's really ridiculous and disqualifies the whole attempt of RS magazine to put this list together. Btw it's ludicrous to publish such a thing in such a detailed way anyway without objective aspects. As if you could evaluate slight differences and as if there were measurable facts! What is the difference between number 17 and number 18? Or number 76 and number 82? Did number 17 win the tiebreak in the 5th set? Or was 76 winner by golden goal or sudden death? Have they made a secret competition? Did they organize some kind of trials? Playoffs with Best of 7? Number xyz holds the fastest time in 2003 and is favourite but number 51 is still the world record holder from 1983 and may successfully get back after practicing hard in the high and thin air of Flagstaff and in Switzerland or Austria... :laugh: Let's forget about it- it`s not worth it!
Stefan

gypsysara 08-29-2003 06:22 PM

Im stunned with the order of some of these musicians on the list... Trey Anastasio is after Joni Mitchell? (dont get me wrong, love both of them)... but we're talking guitar playing, not overall songwriting. Im also stunned LB isnt on the list... IMO he's much better than several named.

DownOnRodeo 08-29-2003 08:14 PM

Bah.
Grr.
Hmph.

Cristian 08-29-2003 10:28 PM

Well, being a magazine with no real musicians in the cover most of the times, I wouldn't trust it. That list sucks.

Song of the moment - Hold Me

KathyD 08-29-2003 11:33 PM

Eddie Van Halen #70! wha???? No Elmore James?!?!?!?

Yeah, this list sucks.

GeminiStar03 08-30-2003 02:22 AM

Lindsey is #1!

I know right?? I couldn't believe it when I like got that RollingStone news letter and I saw that my Linds was not on there! I was like freaking out! How could they? How could they leave out the God of guitar????????????!!!!!!! Blah! Blah! Is there even any women on that list? Now that makes me even more angrier! You have to have the Crow on there! Sheryl Crow, you have to give her credit for being in a "man's biz" and playing as well as that sweetie does!! I've grown even more feminist from that list full of men!!!:mad:

.:*KIM*:.

stratist3217 08-30-2003 10:49 AM

I am offended! Lindsey is definitely one of the greatest, if not the greatest guitarist of all time. I slave at the guitar for hours daily trying to play like he does. I haven't come close.

4Buck 08-30-2003 12:08 PM

Yeah, well I think Buckingham is THE greatest!

Well, my post (complaint) to Rolling Stone went through.

I'm glad someone posted that how can those dudes at Rolling Stones judge the greats, when they probably haven't played a note on an instrument in their life. :nod:

gldstwmn 08-30-2003 02:52 PM

Ike Turner? Joan Jett? Bwaaaaaah! No Bob Dylan or Melissa Etheridge? Those people at Rolling Stone need to put the pipe down.

macmar71 08-31-2003 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by gldstwmn
Ike Turner? Joan Jett? Bwaaaaaah! No Bob Dylan or Melissa Etheridge? Those people at Rolling Stone need to put the pipe down.
That was exactly what I said when Lindsey was not on this list......What are they smokin'????

Lindsey is an excellent guitarist....he's in my top five!!!!

rhianntp 09-02-2003 11:55 AM

kurt cobain??? a great guitarist? haha

BlueGrass 09-02-2003 01:29 PM

Can someone give me a good reason why people don't see Lindsey as one of the greatest guitarists alive today?

I think he is the best dam guitarist alive, and the only person better then him ever is Hendrix. Acoustically, no one can mess with him now. He has his own distinct style.