The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Cheri Caspari (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=39343)

LukeA 03-21-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 808153)
Something about Cheetah Girls (strippers from a club in Atlanta) being summoned over to the hotel the Mac was staying in during the SYW tour in Atlanta. LB supposedly kissed one of them on the lips in the lobby...I wasn't there, I just read about it by others who were there.

And where did the UTS tour start? ;)

LukeA 03-21-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 806913)
If LB is done with GOS in '96 and then it's left to hang for The Dance in '97 - how/why is he then allowed to release the supposed frowned upon UTS in '06? Why does he not release GOS as his first post-Mac tour solo project?

He wrote new songs in the time being ('03-'06), and therefore came up with the concept of releasing two solo albums instead. Plus, remember- one of the major sticking points with the original GOS was that Lindsey wanted a promotional rollout similar to OOTC ($1M+ for a few music videos, a genuine $$ push for radio play, etc)- things that were still moderately important and viable promo methods for a veteran artist in the late 90's. Nowadays, not so much.

The Lindsey of 2006-2008 is content to let his major record label (prestige being very important to him) release his albums without any significant support, even though he occasionally pouts about it (or makes snarky comments such as "this is supposedly the single!"). The Lindsey of 2000 felt that a song like "Down On Rodeo" deserved a $500K budget music video.

michelej1 03-21-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 808245)
I never once got the impression that Lindsey had a roving eye. I mean, looking (to me) isn't the same as grabbing-and from what I am deciphering from these posts I guess he has been doing some of the latter.

I have to say quickly that I am GLAD in ever way imaginable that these Cheetah Girls weren't the little Disney pre-teens I posted. I immediately thought that what happened was one of Lindsey's daughters had begged her father to have them come to their hotel for an intimate concert/meet 'n' greet (such things happen: a wealthy friend of mine actually one of these teen stars to visit her sick daughter) and Lindsey tried something with them. :distress: I probably would have lost a great deal of respect. However, now that I read he was just being a dirty little whore, albeit legally, I guess it can slide with less tension. Though I don't blame Kristen one bit for guarding her territory, if he really is such a scoundrel.

Actually, I rather think he is monogamous to a fault. I would say he might err on the side of staying with one person too long, rather than being with too many. I don't think he practices fidelity out of especially high morals. It's probably more that chasing strange women probably takes a little too much work for him, not to mention the effort that hiding an affair entails. I expect he'd rather concentrate on other things. Since he already knows Stevie, I wouldn't be surprised if they have had moments together since the seventies, but I don't think he's going after many new conquests. Even in the short periods that he was unattached, I don't think being single and "on the prowl" was a comfortable role for him.

Michele

CADreaming 03-21-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 808260)
Actually, I rather think he is monogamous to a fault. I would say he might err on the side of staying with one person too long, rather than being with too many. I don't think he practices fidelity out of especially high morals. It's probably more that chasing strange women probably takes a little too much work for him, not to mention the effort that hiding an affair entails. I expect he'd rather concentrate on other things. Since he already knows Stevie, I wouldn't be surprised if they have had moments together since the seventies, but I don't think he's going after many new conquests. Even in the short periods that he was unattached, I don't think being single and "on the prowl" was a comfortable role for him.

Michele

Yeah, I agree with you on this. Just because he notices an attractive woman and goes over to talk to her means nothing...as for the Cheetah girls, if memory serves, there were rumours about those girls being sent over by the owner of the club - or that the owner had a penthouse there in the hotel... I don't think the girls were specifically ordered by any of the members of the Mac...and for all we know (unless someone was there and can attest differently) the Cheetah girl could have been and probably was the initiater in the kiss. No one said anything about tongue slippage either...

CADreaming 03-21-2009 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeA (Post 808248)
And where did the UTS tour start? ;)

There's a reason it's HOT here, Luke! ;)

Nico 03-21-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 808262)
Yeah, I agree with you on this. Just because he notices an attractive woman and goes over to talk to her means nothing...as for the Cheetah girls, if memory serves, there were rumours about those girls being sent over by the owner of the club - or that the owner had a penthouse there in the hotel... I don't think the girls were specifically ordered by any of the members of the Mac...and for all we know (unless someone was there and can attest differently) the Cheetah girl could have been and probably was the initiater in the kiss. No one said anything about tongue slippage either...

I'm glad to hear this. Until now, I never heard of Lindsey being very promiscuous. In fact, I recall some story where a groupie was trying to coax him and he didn't easily relent. And actually when I was chatting with Brett at their hotel bar after the Toronto show in October, Lindsey was in his room sleeping and apparently went straight there, and not with any strange woman. Brett said it really wasn't LB's thing anymore to "hang out" after the show. Really, he seemed/seems to be a fairly faithful guy...or very discreet. But I haven't ever seen him behave indecently, get too familiar with any females. Flirt? Sure. Take a good look? Definitely. But never have I seen anything more.

Michelle Daya 03-21-2009 09:37 PM

oh no i wasn't referring to anything like this! :shocked:

goldustsongbird 03-21-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 808288)
I'm glad to hear this. Until now, I never heard of Lindsey being very promiscuous. In fact, I recall some story where a groupie was trying to coax him and he didn't easily relent. And actually when I was chatting with Brett at their hotel bar after the Toronto show in October, Lindsey was in his room sleeping and apparently went straight there, and not with any strange woman. Brett said it really wasn't LB's thing anymore to "hang out" after the show. Really, he seemed/seems to be a fairly faithful guy...or very discreet. But I haven't ever seen him behave indecently, get too familiar with any females. Flirt? Sure. Take a good look? Definitely. But never have I seen anything more.

Does Lindsey even still have groupies now? Like... does anyone? It's 2009, ffs. :laugh:

CADreaming 03-21-2009 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 808288)

Exactly. He's a healthy, red blooded male and can no doubt enjoy the flirting - and he does seem very flirtatious and from what I heard is... but I've heard the same thing, he doesn't hang out really after the show... and he may be friendly and chat - he's not aloof or stand-offish in other words, but I don't think anything I've ever heard about him would put him in the looking for a groupie category...

CADreaming 03-21-2009 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldustsongbird (Post 808291)
Does Lindsey even still have groupies now? Like... does anyone? It's 2009, ffs. :laugh:

LOL!! There's always a groupie around...

Nico 03-21-2009 09:54 PM

Um, he probably does have groupies. They still exist. I actually have a friend whose sister resigned from her excellent, high-paying, highly stressful job to become a groupie for some indie band. I have no idea why, but she was quite frugal when she actually was taking life seriously, so she can afford it.

But the groupie story I referenced was from either the very late 70s or very early 80s. The band was working on an album...don't ask me which one because I haven't got the attention span to remember those details when it was just a glance-read. But there was a story. I am sure a better Lindsey fan than myself can post it. :)

DJM 03-27-2009 09:23 PM

boy, all i have to say that this thread was a blast to read!

DeeGeMe 04-08-2009 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 808294)
LOL!! There's always a groupie around...

I know this is ancient history but didn't "Sweet Connie" in Little Rock (infamous rock groupie--name-checked in the song "American Band") claim she had a fling with Lindsey and John or Mick too? This would have all been in the 20th Century though, not recently, but still, he's no saint where groupies are concerned. :D

LukeA 04-09-2009 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeGeMe (Post 813713)
I know this is ancient history but didn't "Sweet Connie" in Little Rock (infamous rock groupie--name-checked in the song "American Band") claim she had a fling with Lindsey and John or Mick too? This would have all been in the 20th Century though, not recently, but still, he's no saint where groupies are concerned. :D

Lindsey & John. Not Mick.

okiedoikie 10-08-2011 04:38 PM

Ms. Caspari

I knew Ms. Caspari fairly well, actually pretty damn well. I don't like Lindsey at all as a person, as a musician is different, although we never met. First to the blind folk, she's actually quite a bit younger than lindsey, she was going to ucla when they met where he was in his 30s. Ms. Caspari is a beautiful woman inside and out and has a golden soul that will keep her youthful and golden throughout life. Let's just say there was unhappiness in their relationship and I know she's much better off without him. Remember, although a guitarist and yes "big love" was written for her, he's still a dude, infected and a sociopathic beta-bitch piece of poopie. I wrote a brief paragraph about her and what he did in my book 'tunnel vision.' Currently underway submitting to publishers. It's okay there's evidence so is not hearsay or defamatory.

I also met janet Robin recently at a LAWN event, funny how we are all connected and how small the world really is. Shame on you Lindsey Buckingham, you're past will catch up with you, I promise ;)