The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Two gripes about this tour. (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=40737)

Macfanforever 06-22-2009 05:22 PM

Two gripes about this tour.

Will since this tour is over .here in the great land of the USA for now, I have only TWO Gripes about this tour.
No#1 No tour book .They could make a quick one with photos from the first leg.and charge $10.00 for it.
No#2 Siversprings was cut from the setlist,Which everyone on here was probably pissed off about that.What the reason for cutting it out.time issues,Stevie got tired of it,I doubt that.If it was the time problem ,what other song that could of cut out or trimmed down to fit SS in at the end.In other in that that shows were awesome.

CADreaming 06-22-2009 05:39 PM

I would hardly call not performing SS for a handful of shows actually "dropping it". Out of 50 something shows it might not have been performed 5 times....it was first left out May 15th in Vancouver but was back within a couple of shows.

nailatixela 06-22-2009 06:56 PM

The band tried to do SS instead of just dropping it for good - that is what they did on the SYW tour. We see from the nashville show that it is a hard song for Stevie to do, and I think it is great that it was only in and out of the setlist, and not dropped for good.

I would have liked a tourbook too - but I bet I would of had to pay more than 10 dollars for it.

If I may make my own gripe, your sig pic invades my entire screen. ;)

jkmaletic 06-22-2009 09:05 PM

Stevie had a REALLY hard time with SS at my show on 5-31. Her voice was gone. She has tried off and on since to do it. I'm not surprised at all that they went ahead and cut it.

CADreaming 06-22-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmaletic (Post 827335)
Stevie had a REALLY hard time with SS at my show on 5-31. Her voice was gone. She has tried off and on since to do it. I'm not surprised at all that they went ahead and cut it.

Considering there were only 3 shows left, it was a definite no-brainer.

Macfanforever 06-22-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailatixela (Post 827283)
The band tried to do SS instead of just dropping it for good - that is what they did on the SYW tour. We see from the nashville show that it is a hard song for Stevie to do, and I think it is great that it was only in and out of the setlist, and not dropped for good.

I would have liked a tourbook too - but I bet I would of had to pay more than 10 dollars for it.

If I may make my own gripe, your sig pic invades my entire screen. ;)

Oh I'm sorry, I will try to find another one thats smaller,I'm to lazy to fix it.Maybe I will replace it with some photos from my AC trip.

Musicman408 06-22-2009 09:17 PM

My only real gripe is that they toured without an album. We wouldn't have complained about them doing the same ol' same ol' had they been creative and released an album.

Maybe in a year or so they will!!!:thumbsup:

louielouie2000 06-22-2009 09:19 PM

I know this is sacrilege, but I just don't get the tourbook allure :sorry: . I've been a Mac fan for nearly 20 years, have been going to their concerts for 15, and have yet to place my hands on a tourbook, and am not really sure what their purpose is :shrug: . I guess everyone has their favorite baubles and collectibles, but I guess the tourbooks just aren't my cup of tea. I've seen scanned ones online, and they just don't seem to serve much of a purpose, especially in this day and age with readily available online photos.

BellaDonna 06-22-2009 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicman408 (Post 827346)
My only real gripe is that they toured without an album. We wouldn't have complained about them doing the same ol' same ol' had they been creative and released an album.

I am hoping for a new album too!!! :blob1:

Macfanforever 06-22-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmaletic (Post 827335)

Yes your are right,the reason I made the post about that is due because my friend at work today mentioned how come SS was not played.

Tusk! 06-22-2009 10:36 PM

Two more gripes about the tour.

1. Ticket prices way too high.

2. Merchandise T-shirts were overpriced and very boring.

Other than that, I thought the shows were great, and better as the tour progressed.

louielouie2000 06-22-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tusk! (Post 827366)
Two more gripes about the tour.

1. Ticket prices way too high.

2. Merchandise T-shirts were overpriced and very boring.

Other than that, I thought the shows were great, and better as the tour progressed.

Yeah, absurd ticket prices, my brokeness, lack of new material, and their blatant money grab during a recession is what kept me home for this tour. I still hate I missed them though :o .

MoonWaterPoet 06-23-2009 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 827347)
I know this is sacrilege, but I just don't get the tourbook allure :sorry: . I've been a Mac fan for nearly 20 years, have been going to their concerts for 15, and have yet to place my hands on a tourbook, and am not really sure what their purpose is :shrug: . I guess everyone has their favorite baubles and collectibles, but I guess the tourbooks just aren't my cup of tea. I've seen scanned ones online, and they just don't seem to serve much of a purpose, especially in this day and age with readily available online photos.

I take it that you didn't see them on the "RUMOURS" tour either... and get a tour book from then??? :confused:

Donnie Wayne ~

MoonWaterPoet 06-23-2009 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicman408 (Post 827346)

My gripe is why can't they come here to Louisville, Ky... when Bob Dylan will be here next week...???
And others...

Donnie Wayne ~

Musicman408 06-23-2009 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonWaterPoet (Post 827398)
My gripe is why can't they come here to Louisville, Ky... when Bob Dylan will be here next week...???
And others...

Donnie Wayne ~

Word up!!! They were here in '77 and '87. I would die if they came here today!!!!

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention the ridiculously high ticket prices. THe only solace was that I was 3rd row right in front of Stevie, and that they both looked at me, and Lindsey talked to me from the stage!!!:]