The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lame but posting anyway... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57169)

pattyfan 05-21-2017 04:51 PM

Lame but posting anyway...

I live in SF. There is a thing here called Porchfest. People volunteer to have local bands play in their yards, in front of their garages, and yes, on their porches. :) I was with a friend listening to a local SF band called District 8. I had never heard of them, but they sounded great. They played a mix of blues and rock, covers and some of their own songs. They had a drummer, a bassist, and guitar player (all male) and then a female lead singer who didn't play and a very cute male lead singer who played guitar. I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this. :)

So, after hearing a few originals and a few covers (Green Day, Son of a Preacher Man), they did Heartbreaker by Pat Benetar. I hadn't heard that song in years and really liked their version. Then the female lead singer, who had also played tambourine and cowbell, went off the "stage" (which was really the sidewalk :) ) and I was thinking to myself, yeah, just like Stevie. And then, sure as sh•t, they start playing the opening riff of Oh Well. I just started laughing. I'm sure they have no idea and it was just a coincidence, but it was just really funny. I had to cough up the 10 bucks for the CD after that. :)

Kevin

WatchChain 05-22-2017 05:49 PM

Jinkies, Daphne! Did the female singer have a black tent set up on the side of the stage where she could hang out with her minions/girlfriends, chit-chat, and have a bump while the lead guitarist played "Oh Well"? Was her microphone stand decorated with colorful flowers, ribbons, bows, and girly trinkets?

pattyfan 05-22-2017 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1210031)
Jinkies, Daphne! Did the female singer have a black tent set up on the side of the stage where she could hang out with her minions/girlfriends, chit-chat, and have a bump while the lead guitarist played "Oh Well"? Was her microphone stand decorated with colorful flowers, ribbons, bows, and girly trinkets?

Not quite sure of your tone...

Kevin

SisterNightroad 05-23-2017 07:20 AM

If the singer played the tambourine "artistically" then I think it may not have been all completely a coincidence after all.

jbrownsjr 05-23-2017 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1210050)
If the singer played the tambourine "artistically" then I think it may not have been all completely a coincidence after all.

Haha!! What if they shut the lead singer's mic off? ;)

jbrownsjr 05-23-2017 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattyfan (Post 1209985)
I live in SF. There is a thing here called Porchfest. People volunteer to have local bands play in their yards, in front of their garages, and yes, on their porches. :) I was with a friend listening to a local SF band called District 8. I had never heard of them, but they sounded great. They played a mix of blues and rock, covers and some of their own songs. They had a drummer, a bassist, and guitar player (all male) and then a female lead singer who didn't play and a very cute male lead singer who played guitar. I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this. :)

So, after hearing a few originals and a few covers (Green Day, Son of a Preacher Man), they did Heartbreaker by Pat Benetar. I hadn't heard that song in years and really liked their version. Then the female lead singer, who had also played tambourine and cowbell, went off the "stage" (which was really the sidewalk :) ) and I was thinking to myself, yeah, just like Stevie. And then, sure as sh•t, they start playing the opening riff of Oh Well. I just started laughing. I'm sure they have no idea and it was just a coincidence, but it was just really funny. I had to cough up the 10 bucks for the CD after that. :)

Kevin

Not a lame posting at all. Very cool, indeed.

SisterNightroad 05-23-2017 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1210052)
Haha!! What if they shut the lead singer's mic off? ;)

Nah, at best they'd shut the tambourine with duct tapes.

HomerMcvie 05-23-2017 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1210050)

I think you may mean arrhythmically... :lol: