The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Just a heads up... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=13528)

wondergirl9847 03-22-2004 08:30 PM

Just a heads up...

I just pre-ordered the reissues. I found that Best Buy has the three for the cheapest if you are going to buy them all at the same time. It was $52 and some change (with tax). Everywhere else, with shipping is into the 60 dollar range. You get free ground shipping there too.

It's hard to wait, but hey, I don't get out much, so, this is best for me. LOL

Also, I can listen to Rumours tomorrow ALLL day long online. :D

AliP 03-22-2004 11:05 PM

I got all three of them at www.deepdiscountcd.com for only $43 with free shipping!

estranged4life 03-22-2004 11:18 PM

I was going...

Quote:

Originally posted by AliP
I got all three of them at www.deepdiscountcd.com for only $43 with free shipping!
to order the 3 discs from deepdiscountcd.com but after doing some checking/referencing (ie-Customer reviews on http://www.pricegrabber.com) on ddc online I found that they can be very unreliable when shipping orders...I hope you are able to receive your order Ali.

Brian j.

AliP 03-23-2004 02:12 AM

Re: I was going...

Quote:

Originally posted by estranged4life
to order the 3 discs from deepdiscountcd.com but after doing some checking/referencing (ie-Customer reviews on http://www.pricegrabber.com) on ddc online I found that they can be very unreliable when shipping orders...I hope you are able to receive your order Ali.

Brian j.

I order all my cds from them and have never had a problem.

Johnny Stew 03-23-2004 02:36 AM

I really lucked out... I pre-ordered mine from CDUniverse, over a month ago, because they had the best deal, and then a few days after I placed my order, they raised the prices!

Thankfully though, they have to honor the price you ordered the items at, so I'm getting all three for $39.87, before shipping. :D

estranged4life 03-23-2004 02:40 AM

Same here...

Quote:

Originally posted by Johnny Stew
I really lucked out... I pre-ordered mine from CDUniverse, over a month ago, because they had the best deal, and then a few days after I placed my order, they raised the prices!

Thankfully though, they have to honor the price you ordered the items at, so I'm getting all three for $39.87, before shipping. :D

except I only ordered 2 of the 3 from CdUniverse...Found Tusk for $13.99 at BestBuy online.

Brian j.

Johnny Stew 03-23-2004 02:46 AM

Re: Same here...

Quote:

Originally posted by estranged4life
Same here... except I only ordered 2 of the 3 from CdUniverse...Found Tusk for $13.99 at BestBuy online.
How much were they when you ordered them from CDUniverse?

'Tusk' was only $13.99 when I ordered, but 'Rumours' was $16.99, for some inexplicable reason.
'Fleetwood Mac' was $9.79.

estranged4life 03-23-2004 02:50 AM

Let's see...

the prices I payed:

Rumours $13.99
Fleetwood Mac $9.79
(Tusk was $14.99 through CDUniverse but I bought it through BestBuy)

Depending on what is released on the upcoming live DVD, this will otherwise be my last FM purchase.

Brian j.

Johnny Stew 03-23-2004 02:59 AM

Re: Let's see...

Wow, Brian... you did even better than I did! :D

Last Fleetwood Mac purchase?
Ever?

estranged4life 03-23-2004 03:05 AM

Re: Re: Let's see...

Quote:

Originally posted by Johnny Stew
Wow, Brian... you did even better than I did! :D

Last Fleetwood Mac purchase?
Ever?

Last purchase? More-than-likely for the forseeable future...

Ever? Can't say...

Brian j.

Johnny Stew 03-23-2004 03:08 AM

Every time I think I have everything, I stumble upon something that I'm missing... so I'm FAR from my last Mac purchase.

I'm gonna be an old man, spending my social security check on Fleetwood Mac CDs, I just know it! :laugh:

David R 03-23-2004 03:09 AM

Brian, your Icon looks like Robin from Witch Hunter Robin, I am actually watching that right now. I love adult swim.

Johnny Stew 03-23-2004 03:11 AM

:laugh:

I love your new signature avatar, David!

estranged4life 03-23-2004 03:38 AM

That's exactly...

Quote:

Originally posted by David R Brian, your Icon looks like Robin from Witch Hunter Robin, I am actually watching that right now. I love adult swim.
who it is...I just thought the image looked cool, So I made an Icon out of it. (I wanted Amon, But the Icon I made came out to dark)

Witch Hunter Robin is one of my favorite anime serials because it is unlike anything else in the genre, As is "Cowboy Bebop" (Which I bought the complete series on DVD awhile back...Along with the movie.)

Anyways, I usually have good luck finding new releases at the cheapest price (I have access to a couple of sites that have just about anything available on cd/tape/LP/etc and I do comparative shopping) online...And I am patient person, So I can wait a few days after the release date to hear something since I usually save a decent amount of $$$ on my orders.

Brian j.

David R 03-23-2004 04:17 AM

Thanks Johnny! It took me awhile to make it, ever since I saw the Simpsons' version of Rumours I have been making Simpsons Fleetwood Mac album covers. Tusk, Say You Will, and Mirage. Just making them for fun. Takes awhile to make them.

Yeah Brian I thought that was Robin, great show, like you said there is nothing like it in the genre. Cowboy Bebop is excellent, it is the next anime series that I want to buy. I bought the Trigun series first because it is my favorite. I buy them on Ebay when I have the money. Which is hardly ever.