The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kristen Buckingham statement (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57840)

jeets2000 04-26-2018 12:17 PM

Kristen Buckingham statement

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiCogmMg0kU/

kbchrush I happened to see a tweet on Mick Fleetwood’s Twitter today that asked ...”what is the secret to Fleetwood Mac’s success?” This question struck a chord with me and compelled me to answer.
But because I am getting old I don’t know how to use Twitter, I’ll just post my thoughts here...maybe someone out there can put it up on Twitter for me lol. So....“what is the secret of FM success Mick?” My opinion/answer is. ..”The heady chemistry and artistry of these 5 members together - John, Christine, Mick, Stevie, and Lindsey. That iconic sound by those 5 coupled with romantic tension and the worlds love of drama made a undeniable cocktail. Each personality and their creativity defined the band and it’s success.” Therefore honors such as Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Grammys, MusiCares Person of the Year to name a few were earned by this group. It is beyond a shame what has come to pass over recent days. I have lots of thoughts, feelings and facts that I will spare you from at this point. It is my husbands place to speak in his own words when the time is right for him. All I can say is thank you to all the loyal fans that supported FM over the years and for recognizing how stars only align once in a blue moon...and they did for this band. @mickfleetwoodofficial @stevienicks #whoareyoupeople

dreamsunwind 04-26-2018 12:24 PM

Very nice statement. Shows you how she feels without being too revealing. Lindsey's family seems very loyal and loving.

Buuuuut I still really wish Lindsey would make a statement/call all of them out but I know it's probably never gonna happen.

bombaysaffires 04-26-2018 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1224967)
Very nice statement. Shows you how she feels without being too revealing. Lindsey's family seems very loyal and loving.

Buuuuut I still really wish Lindsey would make a statement/call all of them out but I know it's probably never gonna happen.

I think it will, when he's ready to do it, which might also mean when the legal stuff is sorted, or maybe he'll do an album and let it do the talking...

I gotta wonder how his relationship with Neale and Brett is right now... they may have already signed contracts for the tour and it would cost them a lot of money to break them..... but, do they feel any torn loyalties? Does he feel upset about it? It mucks up any solo touring.. not that he couldn't get new people but they've been with him a long time now...:shrug:

secondhandchain 04-26-2018 12:39 PM

I checked out his daughters instagram to see if there was any info and decided to leave a message of support. I mentioned the video taken by a fan that proved LB was planning on touring. She asked me about it and it was posted and she was very thankful. BTW the Kristen #whoareyoupeople says it ALL.

singertobe 04-26-2018 12:42 PM

At Mick Fleetwood and Stevie Nicks? I think we just found out whose responsible...

dreamsunwind 04-26-2018 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1224968)
I think it will, when he's ready to do it, which might also mean when the legal stuff is sorted, or maybe he'll do an album and let it do the talking...

I gotta wonder how his relationship with Neale and Brett is right now... they may have already signed contracts for the tour and it would cost them a lot of money to break them..... but, do they feel any torn loyalties? Does he feel upset about it? It mucks up any solo touring.. not that he couldn't get new people but they've been with him a long time now...:shrug:

Neale and Brett were probably already signed off so they couldn't do much. They've been loyal to Lindsey individually as well as FM for years so I can't imagine they'd go against him.

Neal 04-26-2018 12:58 PM

I've been primarily angry and/or disappointed with this whole situation, but after reading this? I'm really, truly sad.

I can't help but think that when the dust settles and they're ready to give us a real farewell tour in 3-4 years, they won't all still be here. :distress:

TrueFaith77 04-26-2018 01:14 PM

I think it's time to form the Kristen Buckingham Appreciation Society.

Also, can the Ledge please have a forum devoted to KB?

:thumbsup:

Storms123 04-26-2018 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by singertobe (Post 1224975)
At Mick Fleetwood and Stevie Nicks? I think we just found out whose responsible...

She’s amended it to include Christine and John now too

missundercover 04-26-2018 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeets2000 (Post 1224963)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BiCogmMg0kU/

kbchrush ... how stars only align once in a blue moon...and they did for this band. ...

Perfectly put. WHY? :distress:

FM77 04-26-2018 01:27 PM

This should help dispel the notion that LB didn't want to tour, or wanted delay the tour or made ANY kind of ultimatums.

jbrownsjr 04-26-2018 01:28 PM

The truth always comes out. I could see the truth on $tevie's face. You better clutch someone's hand. Hang on to someone else while you lie.

secondhandchain 04-26-2018 01:31 PM

I am going to put the main blame on Stevie. She wanted to help out her friend Mike Campbell, and she didn't want to work with Lindsey anymore. The man who told FM he wouldn't join the band without Stevie. She sucks.

jmn3 04-26-2018 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FM77 (Post 1224982)
This should help dispel the notion that LB didn't want to tour, or wanted delay the tour or made ANY kind of ultimatums.

Oh have no fear someone will be along shortly to post that his wife only says all this because he buys her horse farms and different houses :rolleyes:

jkmaletic 04-26-2018 02:13 PM

Part of the truth that still needs to come out from Fleetwood Mac's side is that Lindsey wanted to do solo dates in between Mac dates. I think it wasn't mentioned on the CBS interview because of:

A. Airtime constraints

or

B. Fleetwood Mac didn't want to have to explain that allowing that would be a bad business decision. Even though that is true, they would come off as callous if they brought that part of it up.

Jamie