The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   So… what are your TOP 6 favorite songs so far from 24 Karat Gold... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54328)

Jondalar 10-02-2014 05:30 PM

So… what are your TOP 6 favorite songs so far from 24 Karat Gold...

Note: This probably isn't that fair to the songs like The Dealer or Lady that came out first because they are not in the forefront of your minds while you are encoding the new material.
And tastes change. What are my favorite songs today probably won't be in a month. THIS IS REALLY HARD! The whole album is awesome. Mabel even grew on me. :)

So far these are my TOP 6...

1. If You Were My Love
2. Hard Advice
3. 24 Karat Gold
4. The Dealer
5. Belle Fleur
6. Blue Water

sorcerer999 10-02-2014 05:43 PM

You're right. Tastes change. Favorites change. Songs you once hated can grow into top favorites after decades (which is what happened to a lot of songs on RAL and TOSOTM for me, personally). What started as favorite songs off of IYD a mere three years ago have now become blah to me. So yeah, it's still kind of too early to make a true assessment of this album, as a couple of songs I initially disliked are really growing on me now...

...but as of right now (and in no particular order) the six songs I can honestly say that I keep coming back to over and over again on this new album are...

"If You Were My Love"
"24 Karat Gold"
"Belle Fleur"
"All The Beautiful Worlds"
"Watch Chain"
"Hard Advice"

Jondalar 10-02-2014 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorcerer999 (Post 1146247)
You're right. Tastes change. Favorites change. Songs you once hated can grow into top favorites after decades (which is what happened to a lot of songs on RAL and TOSOTM for me, personally). What started as favorite songs off of IYD a mere three years ago have now become blah to me. So yeah, it's still kind of too early to make a true assessment of this album, as a couple of songs I initially disliked are really growing on me now...

...but as of right now (and in no particular order) the six songs I can honestly say that I keep coming back to over and over again on this new album are...

"If You Were My Love"
"24 Karat Gold"
"Belle Fleur"
"All The Beautiful Worlds"
"Watch Chain"
"Hard Advice"

Thanks. I should not of numbered mine either. Not really fair to do that. Beautiful Worlds keeps sounding better and better to me. I knew the song so well it was hard to get into. Love it. and Watch Chain.

Machu 10-02-2014 05:45 PM

I am still holding out on Watch Chain and Twisted until I get the deluxe CD (and my lists are ever-changing) but so far...

1. 24 Karat Gold
2. Belle Fleur
3. All The Beautiful Worlds
4. Blue Water
5. Mabel Normand
6. Starshine

markolas 10-02-2014 05:46 PM

Starshine
The Dealer
Mabel Normand
24 Karat Gold
All the Beautiful Worlds
If You Were My Love

Artemis 10-02-2014 05:48 PM

All The Beautiful Worlds
Watch Chain
24 Karat Gold
Hard Advice
Blue Water
Mabel Normand

Jondalar 10-02-2014 05:49 PM

Thanks. Mabel is getting some love...

Frankenstein 10-02-2014 05:53 PM

1. Mabel Normand
2. All The Beautiful Worlds
3. If You Were My Love
4. 24 Karat Gold
5. Lady

goldenground 10-02-2014 05:55 PM

1. Mabel Normand -- I absolutely love the free verse on here, although the lyrics are still a bit of a mess, it works. The music is moving and the sense of urgency in Stevie's delivery makes this a memorable track. Who would have thought the epic weirdness that was RAL would translate so well now? because it totally does here. I even like that there's no real chorus, it gives that verse "You just change sides" (the closest thing to a chorus) a much bigger impact and then lets the stream of consciousness carry you. It's a lot different than anything Stevie's done in the last ten years, and was a pretty gutsy move on her part to include it. She pulled it off brilliantly.

2. 24 Karat Gold -- What can I say? classic Stevie Nicks here. The song is atmospheric and witchy. I also really like the base throughout the song. A+.

3. All The Beautiful Worlds -- I love how true this stayed to the demo, the girls rocked on this one. And when did Stevie find her voice?? I felt like I was in a time warp. It really gets heavy near the end. So happy with it.

4. Belle Fleur -- I LOVE the intro and how funky it gets. I didn't expect this from hearing the demo and was pleasantly surprised as I didn't really care for the song before.

5. Hard Advice -- I read the lyrics first and prepared myself for the worst. I wasn't impressed to say the least, and was expecting a rehash of "That Made Me Stronger" *cringe*. However, I was so happy when I finally heard it. It flows so beautifully and has a fragility that's incredibly touching.

6. Twisted -- Although I was initially disappointed that this made it onto the record, I love how it turned out. It's very true to the Enchanted demo, and the calm wistfulness translates well into the song. It's beautiful.

Andyleo 10-02-2014 06:04 PM

Mabel Normand
24 Karat Gold
Belle Fleur
All The Beautiful Worlds
Starshine
Blue Water

In that order, favourite down. I can't stop playing Mabel at the moment. What a stellar vocal driven by that relentless surging beat. Wow.:thumbsup:
I'm blown away by 3/4 of the album. Watch Chain is starting to grow on me now I've heard it half a dozen times... could soon become a top 6 for me

:D

Nickingham 10-02-2014 06:13 PM

24 Karat Gold
Mabel Normand
All The Beautiful Worlds
I Don't Care
Belle Fleur
If You Were My Love

KarmaContestant 10-02-2014 06:19 PM

24 Karat Gold
Mabel Normand
Watch Chain
Blue Water
Twisted
Hard Advice

WatchChain 10-02-2014 07:15 PM

1) Twisted
2) Watch Chain
3) Hard Advice
4) 24 Karat Gold
5) Blue Water
6) Cathouse Blues

welcomechris 10-02-2014 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1146281)
1) Twisted
2) Watch Chain
3) Hard Advice
4) 24 Karat Gold
5) Blue Water
6) Cathouse Blues

Watch Chain is #2 and not number 1? Maybe your username should be "Twisted" instead of "WatchChain"

:lol::]:xoxo:

tabruns 10-02-2014 08:18 PM

Wow, pretty early and this could change but:

1. 24 Karat Gold <--I really think this is a classic up there with Dreams, Sara, Gypsy
2. Mabel Normand
3. Starshine
4. The Dealer
5. Lady
6. Belle Fleur

I would have said "If You Were My Love" but I just really like the Mirage demo a lot more.