The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Fleetwood Mac on CBS This Morning! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57807)

bwboy 04-20-2018 02:54 PM

Fleetwood Mac on CBS This Morning!

Fleetwood Mac will be on CBS This Morning Wednesday April 25 7am-9am.

This will be an interview with the entire band and will likely include footage of tour rehearsals and upcoming tour dates.

So excited to see this!

Feather Blade 04-20-2018 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1223886)
Fleetwood Mac will be on CBS This Morning Wednesday April 25 7am-9am.

This will be an interview with the entire band and will likely include footage of tour rehearsals and upcoming tour dates.

So excited to see this!

Hopefully someone will share the video here. That is exciting.

SisterNightroad 04-20-2018 03:18 PM

Interesting, thanks bwboy.

kathy1 04-23-2018 11:00 AM

i will be watching

lilyfee 04-24-2018 10:16 AM

Very interested to see this. I hope the interviewers ask them real questions and don’t beat around the bush about Lindsey’s absence.

Will they be there the full two hours? Not familiar with this show.

Feather Blade 04-24-2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilyfee (Post 1224265)
Very interested to see this. I hope the interviewers ask them real questions and don’t beat around the bush about Lindsey’s absence.

From what others have said, it sounds like it will probably just be the usual puff piece to promote a tour. Nothing different than what we've seen to kick off previous trips. Also, someone pointed out that it made a lot of sense if they recorded several promotional things at one time so probably a pre-taped sort of thing and less of an interview. I guess we will know soon.

SisterNightroad 04-24-2018 03:42 PM

bombaysaffires 04-24-2018 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilyfee (Post 1224265)

no, it'll be maybe several minutes long. the morning show is the typical network tv morning show-- mix of reading the news headlines and then interviews and such.

missundercover 04-24-2018 04:07 PM

Huh... why would they share the CBS announcement with this undertext?

Hopefully Anthony Mason can shed some light on what broke the chain when he sits down with Fleetwood Mac on CBS This Morning Wednesday, April 25, 2018.

Second most clicked article on the news site is 'Did he jump or was he pushed'...

SisterNightroad 04-24-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missundercover (Post 1224336)
Huh... why would they share the CBS announcement with this undertext?

Hopefully Anthony Mason can shed some light on what broke the chain when he sits down with Fleetwood Mac on CBS This Morning Wednesday, April 25, 2018.

Second most clicked article on the news site is 'Did he jump or was he pushed'...

That's what I wonder too (however I did not notice the 'Did he jump or was he pushed' title, it's fun!) either who manages the page is drunk or they've done it deliberately to stir debate?

bombaysaffires 04-24-2018 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1224339)
That's what I wonder too (however I did not notice the 'Did he jump or was he pushed' title, it's fun!) either who manages the page is drunk or they've done it deliberately to stir debate?

or just clueless.:shrug:

Macfan4life 04-25-2018 07:53 AM

Just watched the segment. The story of Lindsey leaving is even worse that I expected it to be. According to Mick, Lindsey wanted to delay the tour. OMG! Stevie played fast and loose with her never ending 24K Gold tour and caused a major delay in not wanting to participate in a new album.
Just think. If Stevie agreed to record a new album with the band, the band would just be finishing their world tour promoting the new material. But instead this delay caused the repercussions of today.
Just so stupid for the band to go out like this. Mick said he wont used the word fired but did not dispute the fact he was fired.
How pathetic for the band to reveal they tested another lead singer but it did not work out. They wont say who it was. But that is so rude to say that.
I see a very desperate band to throw away their legacy for their last tour to sacrifice one of their own.
I guess I was hoping for something earth shattering that caused the firing.
NOPE

MaryLiz2 04-25-2018 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1224496)
Just watched the segment. The story of Lindsey leaving is even worse that I expected it to be. According to Mick, Lindsey wanted to delay the tour. OMG! Stevie played fast and loose with her never ending 24K Gold tour and caused a major delay in not wanting to participate in a new album.
Just think. If Stevie agreed to record a new album with the band, the band would just be finishing their world tour promoting the new material. But instead this delay caused the repercussions of today.
Just so stupid for the band to go out like this. Mick said he wont used the word fired but did not dispute the fact he was fired.
How pathetic for the band to reveal they tested another lead singer but it did not work out. They wont say who it was. But that is so rude to say that.
I see a very desperate band to throw away their legacy for their last tour to sacrifice one of their own.
I guess I was hoping for something earth shattering that caused the firing.
NOPE

The 24K Gold Tour she delayed for two years because of the OWTS tour? :lol:

I think reactions to the segment (which was even shorter than I expected it to be) will vary depending upon one's level of anger at the Lindsey situation. Content-wise it was exactly as I expected it to be (nothing revealed).

My initial reaction: man these guys are OLD. (Love them all, but father time catches up with everyone...) From that aspect I can see why they weren't going to wait for Lindsey. Particularly when word of a big Fleetwood Mac tour in 2018 has been out there for more than a year.

My impression of the try-out for vocalist part was that they brought two people in and (not shockingly) aren't revealing the name of the one they didn't choose. (I was only half-paying attention, though.) Was the interviewer the one to bring it up? I know the band talked about discussing different singers from 27 to 65; probably should have left it at that without mentioning they brought someone else in.

I have to admit that while not what I had been expecting from FM, the clip of Neil's live Don't Dream It's Over got my attention. I hope they include that in the set. (Saying that as someone who has no knowledge of him or familiarity with his songs beyond the couple that were hits in the US years ago.)

And I still love Mike Campbell. Though I won't be sorry if they drop ticket prices a bit because of the lack of Lindsey.

Murrow 04-25-2018 08:25 AM

Like I said elsewhere.

First Stevie won’t do another album unless Chris comes back.

Then Chris comes back but Stevie’s already booked studio time of her own.

Then OWTS with no album.

Then Stevie wants to tour her album and not record with FM.

So BuckVie comes out.

And now this.

Why didn’t they do this to Stevie back in 2016?

Mind you she would have spewed ten times more bile than I imagine Lindsey’s going to.

SisterNightroad 04-25-2018 08:28 AM

http://crystallineknowledge.tumblr.com/post/173291091537/fleetwood-mac-on-cbs-this-morning-i-apologize