The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What song changed your life? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57750)

Street_Dreamer 03-27-2018 03:13 PM

What song changed your life?

For me, it's Little Lies. If that song never existed, the following wouldn't have happened.

I wouldn't be a Fleetwood Mac fan which means...
I wouldn't be a fan of Lindsey, Billy, Christine, Bekka, Bob Welch and Stevie (to some extent).
I wouldn't be a fan of John Stewart.

In terms of the number of artists I liked because of Little Lies, it's not a whole lot. What it means for me is the vast catalog of music that I own and have listened to over the past 15+ years. 60-65% of the CDs I own can be attributed to the artists I mentioned. Without those songs and artists, my life would be vastly different and who knows what my taste in music would be. So basically who I am today is directly linked to Little Lies.

Macfan4life 03-27-2018 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer (Post 1221358)
For me, it's Little Lies. If that song never existed, the following wouldn't have happened.

I wouldn't be a Fleetwood Mac fan which means...
I wouldn't be a fan of Lindsey, Billy, Christine, Bekka, Bob Welch and Stevie (to some extent).
I wouldn't be a fan of John Stewart.

In terms of the number of artists I liked because of Little Lies, it's not a whole lot. What it means for me is the vast catalog of music that I own and have listened to over the past 15+ years. 60-65% of the CDs I own can be attributed to the artists I mentioned. Without those songs and artists, my life would be vastly different and who knows what my taste in music would be. So basically who I am today is directly linked to Little Lies.

Very cool
What is the connection from Little Lies and John Stewart? I remember buying the "Gold" 45 record because of Stevie.
If we are talking the Mac, there is no song that did it for me. I actually became a fan as Mirage was leaving the charts. So I had lots of back tracking to do and had half a decade for any Mac new music (although the solo careers kept me busy for awhile). It was not a song but the chemistry and vibe of the band that made me a fan. But if I had to pick it would be "The Chain" live that did it for me.

Jondalar 03-31-2018 05:45 PM

Kung Fu Fighting- first record I owned.

Street_Dreamer 04-02-2018 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1221361)
Very cool
What is the connection from Little Lies and John Stewart? I remember buying the "Gold" 45 record because of Stevie.
If we are talking the Mac, there is no song that did it for me. I actually became a fan as Mirage was leaving the charts. So I had lots of back tracking to do and had half a decade for any Mac new music (although the solo careers kept me busy for awhile). It was not a song but the chemistry and vibe of the band that made me a fan. But if I had to pick it would be "The Chain" live that did it for me.

I got into John because of Gold being on the Enchanted box set and Lindsey's production work on Bombs Away Dream Babies.

iamnotafraid 04-03-2018 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1221392)
Kung Fu Fighting- first record I owned.

I like that record. It was even used in the
documentary film This Is Elvis.

Speaking of Elvis, the first record I purchased
was Elvis' Burning Love. Probably still my
favorite song of his.

David 05-29-2018 04:29 PM

Come and Get Your Love, Redbone
Yesterdays, Jerome Kern
I Love You Goodbye, Thomas Dolby
It Only Takes a Minute, Tavares
Summertime, Gershwin

Sugar Mouse 05-29-2018 05:05 PM

Too many songs to list here ... but among Fleetwood Mac songs ...

Sisters of The Moon
Dust
The Chain
Beautiful Child
Big Love
Landslide
Hypnotized
Man of The World
Storms
You Make Loving Fun
Why

sasja 05-29-2018 05:54 PM