The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Just Thought I'd Share Thread (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=41544)

Sleepless-Child 05-26-2010 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 892308)
Oh no :( This is why you have us guys! We always care what you have to say wether it's about Stevie or not :xoxo:

Thank you, really :xoxo:. I know it's stupid, it's just Stevie, but it affected me. Well, I'll just keep my Stevie/Mac stories for The Ledge :)

ButterCookie 05-26-2010 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child (Post 892311)
Thank you, really :xoxo:. I know it's stupid, it's just Stevie, but it affected me. Well, I'll just keep my Stevie/Mac stories for The Ledge :)

It's not stupid at all! My friends think I'm gay because of how much I love Debbie Harry :rolleyes: My stepdad insulted her once and I didn't talk to him for a week because it upset me :) Don't hide what you love, it makes you you and without it, the world would not only be **** but we'd all love Lady Gaga that bit too much.

Sleepless-Child 05-26-2010 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 892316)
It's not stupid at all! My friends think I'm gay because of how much I love Debbie Harry :rolleyes: My stepdad insulted her once and I didn't talk to him for a week because it upset me :) Don't hide what you love, it makes you you and without it, the world would not only be **** but we'd all love Lady Gaga that bit too much.

Haha, my sister told me, one day, that Stevie Nicks was "fat and ugly", I swear that I haven't talked to her for days. (btw, i love the fact that you love Debbie Harry, reminds me two years ago, when I was a Blondie fan :cool:). And, that's some good advice, I was thinking the same way until today...what upsets me the most, is that I listen to them everyday, even if I'm not always interested in everything, but at least i try, or I just pretend I am, but they can't make any effort for me.
Whatever. I'll listen to you, and fight for what I love !



And I like Lady gaga :laugh:

jaycee 05-26-2010 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child (Post 892307)
I'm obsessed with Stevie Nicks, which makes me uninteresting and ridiculous. Guess that Stevie's birthday isn't a good occasion to talk about my interests. Worst friends in the world.

Just remember - people can only hurt you with insults if they're right in what they say. It just so happens that, in this case, your "friends" are not right. Thus, there's no reason to be upset. :) So, let's celebrate Stevie's birthday! :woohoo:

holidayroad 05-26-2010 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelluversu (Post 891969)
I've been scarred...I just came across my new stepfather's porn :distress:

I wish adults wouldn't keep this kind of thing around where someone underage can find it!! I mean, I know you're 17, not a child, but still, it just isn't right! Sorry that happened to you.

iamnotafraid 05-26-2010 10:34 AM

UPS has arrived!!!! Sweet.

LikeAWillow 05-26-2010 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child (Post 892307)
I'm obsessed with Stevie Nicks, which makes me uninteresting and ridiculous. Guess that Stevie's birthday isn't a good occasion to talk about my interests. Worst friends in the world.

Your friends are idiots. Being a huge Stevie Nicks fan makes you interesting and unique. I guarantee you that any time one of your friends hears a Fleetwood Mac song, they think of you. Do you have associations that strong for any of them? Probably not.

Edit:

Eventually they'll grow up and realize how much fun it is that you're as enthusiastic about Stevie as you are. My friends gave me a hard time in high school for liking Stevie the way I do. They would "bah" like goats, talk about her weight, talk about how strange it was that I liked her so much, ask me to stop talking about her as often as I do, etc.

I've gotten four calls between last night and today (from day to day friends, not Fleetwood Mac friends) to either wish me a Merry Nicksmas or play a song through the other end of the phone. Three facebook friends have made their statuses some sort of "It's Stevie Nicks bday" derivative. My favorite so far was a guy who I had a slight fling with saying "Merry Nicksmas, I know it's an important day to people of your faith." A girl I don't even like from one of my classes said that she heard it was Stevie Nicks's birthday, and it made her miss me.

Moral of the story, when your friends are ready to see how cool you are, they'll see that you're REALLY f-ing cool.

Sleepless-Child 05-26-2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeAWillow (Post 892373)
Your friends are idiots. Being a huge Stevie Nicks fan makes you interesting and unique. I guarantee you that any time one of your friends hears a Fleetwood Mac song, they think of you. Do you have associations that strong for any of them? Probably not.

Edit:

Eventually they'll grow up and realize how much fun it is that you're as enthusiastic about Stevie as you are. My friends gave me a hard time in high school for liking Stevie the way I do. They would "bah" like goats, talk about her weight, talk about how strange it was that I liked her so much, ask me to stop talking about her as often as I do, etc.

I've gotten four calls between last night and today (from day to day friends, not Fleetwood Mac friends) to either wish me a Merry Nicksmas or play a song through the other end of the phone. Three facebook friends have made their statuses some sort of "It's Stevie Nicks bday" derivative. My favorite so far was a guy who I had a slight fling with saying "Merry Nicksmas, I know it's an important day to people of your faith." A girl I don't even like from one of my classes said that she heard it was Stevie Nicks's birthday, and it made her miss me.

Moral of the story, when your friends are ready to see how cool you are, they'll see that you're REALLY f-ing cool.

The fact is that I don't even talk about her that much, because I don't want to bother them (even if they absolutely know that i LOVE her, cause i write her name, well, everywhere :)). And when I do talk about her, it's "shut up", or, well "you're ridiculous and uninteresting". And maybe that's the problem, maybe I should impose it to them, like "take it or we're not friends anymore". Maybe that would force them to care about my interests. The worse thing is that, at home, it's the opposite, i kinda feel free, so i talk about Stevie a lot. I told my father what happened today, and he said "maybe you are ridiculous". God, I know it's no big deal, but I don't know what to do anymore. It seems like, nobody cares for me (I know it's excessive).

But there's hope in your post ! :). Maybe someday, they'll accept it, because it is a big part of my life. Oh, and your friends sound really really cool, I'm jealous :D

StreetAngel95 05-26-2010 01:07 PM

Reading these posts have made me realize why i joined The Ledge in the first place. All you guys accept us for who we are, and aren't too quick to judge ( well, most of you-lol) Anyways, today when i was wearing my WH Tour shirt and people told me i couldn't wear it cause it happened before i was born, all i kept thinking was, "i can't wait to go home and go on The Ledge to talk to some of my REAL friends."

thank you all so much - this is my second home :)

iamnotafraid 05-26-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreetAngel95 (Post 892406)
Anyways, today when i was wearing my WH Tour shirt and people told me i couldn't wear it cause it happened before i was born.

Don't worry about what they say. Rock on with your Wild Heart shirt.

Sleepless-Child 05-26-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreetAngel95 (Post 892406)
Reading these posts have made me realize why i joined The Ledge in the first place. All you guys accept us for who we are, and aren't too quick to judge ( well, most of you-lol) Anyways, today when i was wearing my WH Tour shirt and people told me i couldn't wear it cause it happened before i was born, all i kept thinking was, "i can't wait to go home and go on The Ledge to talk to some of my REAL friends."

thank you all so much - this is my second home :)

Yay, that's exactly what I was thinking ! Seriously, thank you guys, you cheered me up :)
I feel safe here :laugh:

chelluversu 05-26-2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holidayroad (Post 892348)
I wish adults wouldn't keep this kind of thing around where someone underage can find it!! I mean, I know you're 17, not a child, but still, it just isn't right! Sorry that happened to you.

Thanks :xoxo: I was thinking the same exact thing. I'm good now though and I didn't even mention it to my mother (I don't plan to either...nuh uh lol)

Had a Stevie moment in apush today while watching Truman. There was a woman in the movie that played the chick in Twister that fed the tornado team (she was the same person who's house got knocked down...and there was something about a dog :lol:) My friend Storm and I were talking about it, and I mentioned the music in it, and I told her that one of my favorite songs is in it...conversation:

Storm- "What's the name of the song?"
Me- "Twisted"
Storm- "Oooh it goes...who sings it?"
Me- (laugh)"You should already know"
Storm- "Oh my god if you say Stevie Nicks..."
Me- "Oh, ok then I won't say it....oooh and it's her birthday today!"

She knows that I love Stevie and she would never say anything bad about her :lol:
I even wrote my writing sol on Stevie and got a 598 (out of 600) =]

tilthefirefades 05-26-2010 04:59 PM

So last night, I set my MSN to say "Happy birthday Stevie! You mean the world to me!" Someone says, "you have a bf?" :distress::distress::distress:

iamnotafraid 05-26-2010 09:16 PM

It's been a long day.

jannieC 05-26-2010 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 892537)
It's been a long day.

It surely has. :(


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved