The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "Beautiful Child" - the one {electric} moment from Stevie on this tour??? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=11979)

The Tower 10-20-2003 03:30 PM

"Beautiful Child" - the one {electric} moment from Stevie on this tour???

I really think that "Beautiful Child" is Stevie's newness and rejuvination on this tour. I've seen SYW four times now, and each time she does "Beautiful Child" it's more personal, and more profound.

What do you think?

If I answered this question, I would have said- "Yer damn right, and they should have done 'Storms' on this tour as well. Not enough 'Stevie-Tusk' stuff!!!"

Mystical88 10-20-2003 03:36 PM

Re: "Beautiful Child" - the one {electric} moment from Stevie on this tour???

Quote:

Originally posted by The Tower
I really think that "Beautiful Child" is Stevie's newness and rejuvination on this tour. I've seen SYW four times now, and each time she does "Beautiful Child" it's more personal, and more profound.

What do you think?

If I answered this question, I would have said- "Yer damn right, and they should have done 'Storms' on this tour as well. Not enough 'Stevie-Tusk' stuff!!!"

Well put! I think that the Tusk era was awesome! And "Storms" was great. Since I have seen them 5 times now each time BC reminds me of my fav Storms...
Then again they have their own reasons for adding and taking off the set list.........
I am sure there are alot that would like to be heard.

Rumours 10-20-2003 03:36 PM

Brought chills to my body and tears to my eyes!

Saw them twice.

I have said this to many people, including my co-workers (who by the way think I'm completely insane and when they hear me start to babble on about the Mac they either give me that odd 'should we call the men to come take you away' look or they just nod and go 'ok, ok, ok, we get it'), but Beautiful Child sounds as good, if not BETTER, now than it did in 1979!!

The woman is amazing!

Stephanie

Mystical88 10-20-2003 03:39 PM

BC

I know what you mean!!!!! Same when I start talking about this tour or show or just the Mac!
But I was totally amazed at how great Stevie sang Beautiful Child!
Wonderful performance!:)

strandinthewind 10-20-2003 04:42 PM

I have it in my MP3 player and listen to it on the (*^*(&%*)&%)*% Stairmaster. Her live vocal is breathtaking and proof that she can still sing it "like she used to."

darklinensuit 10-20-2003 05:25 PM

Beautiful Child is great in concert, but I'd rather hear Sisters than Storms with it. The fact that people are sitting for this song and standing for her better known ones will only encourage her to take less risks with bringing back forgotten songs.
Also, I wish Stevie would do something from Tango or Mask. She does the same Rumours & White Album songs every year, even solo. Entire solo & Mac albums are left in the cupboard.

- Jake

gldstwmn 10-20-2003 05:49 PM

I said it in my first review from Columbus and I'll say it again. This is Stevie's crowning achievement from this tour, much like Silver Springs was in 1997.

dissention 10-20-2003 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by darklinensuit
I wish Stevie would do something from Tango or Mask.
Sorry, buddy. Never again will a Mask song be played live! :wavey:

diamondsnake 10-20-2003 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dissention
Sorry, buddy. Never again will a Mask song be played live! :wavey:
That's sad, because I really liked that album...

I think that Freedom or Affairs of the Heart would rock live and actually be rock songs as apposed to pop.

Also, I think The Second Time would be a nice way to close the show, since it has the same tempo as Goodbye Baby, but a little less depressing. I love this song, anyone else like it? I love it so so so much!

But then Stevie would only have one new song which would be awful. This woman really needs to bring back Running through The Garden! I have listened to that MP a lot and both that and Destiny rules were great live. I just don't get it.

If she had too many songs, I would have gladly gotten rid of Gypsy or Dreams for a new song.

Cour 10-20-2003 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by gldstwmn
I said it in my first review from Columbus and I'll say it again. This is Stevie's crowning achievement from this tour, much like Silver Springs was in 1997.
I totally agree and to me it's almost like a new song for her and for us on this tour. I think that's a great analogy to SS, it should be interesting to see what happens when the PBS show airs and DVD comes out if Beautiful Child captures that same spirit with the more casual fan.

I have been known to listen to this song on one of the concert cds over and over for a "long" time :) It's beautiful live, now if they would only add a few more from Tusk to the setlist!

Mystical88 10-20-2003 08:06 PM

That would be a nice of them to add more from the TUSK album. There are so many that are special

strandinthewind 10-20-2003 08:15 PM

What was so interesting to me was that at the PBS Soundstage taping, LB seemed to remember Tusk songs that I am unsure were ever played live a la Save Me a Place. What a thrill it was to see that gem.

Mystical88 10-20-2003 08:28 PM

PBS

I can't wait to see that released!!!!!!!!!!!
It will be a sell out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D

jadegypsy 10-20-2003 08:30 PM

tusk spngs

Actually the Tusk song I'd like to see live is Angel (yeah I know in my dreams:) But I have heard the recorded versions of it live and I like it soooo much better then the album version... Well one can wish right?:)

Cour 10-20-2003 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by strandinthewind
What was so interesting to me was that at the PBS Soundstage taping, LB seemed to remember Tusk songs that I am unsure were ever played live a la Save Me a Place. What a thrill it was to see that gem.

Since Tusk is so close to his heart and his favorite cd I bet you're right and it's interesting that it was his idea for Stevie to add Beautiful Child to the SYW setlist.

I think Save Me A Place was played on a few or at least one of the Tusk tour dates, I think I have a bottleg of it. Or, I'm totally confusing it with some other song :) I'm sure someone else here knows for sure.

Even though they didn't add a lot of new songs from this cd, they did add some old gems that spiced up the setlist a little and most "radio rhiannon fans" didn't seem to know them anyway. EOTW, NGBA, WT, BC,...in addition to the new songs from SYW. To be honest, I didn't think we'd even get that much change up from the Dance.

Since the DVD and PBS special will have the entire setlist from the first 2 legs, I don't see them changing a lot, maybe we'll get a bone or two :)