The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Rich Girls (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=12772)

Livia 01-08-2004 03:51 PM

Rich Girls

Watch it? Love it? Hate it?

I've seen every episode (I'm a reality show junkie). Did ya know their theme song was originally a Go-Go's song? Yep, it's on their first album. Kinda pisses me off that at the end of the show, they always give kudos to that new girl band for "recording [their] theme song" and don't even mention the Go-Go's.

Aaaanyway, love Ally, can't stand Jamie, but she does have her likable moments. And wtf is up w/ Jamie's mother??? In the blackout episode, "Maybe it's the Iranians again." LOL If ignorance is bliss, she must be one happy camper!

:wavey:

strandinthewind 01-08-2004 04:08 PM

Which Go Go song is it? I LLLOOOVVVEEEE the Go Go's :laugh:

Livia 01-08-2004 04:10 PM

~*~*~This town is our town, this town is so glamorous...bet you'd live here if you could and be one of us~*~*~

Look at Marissa's (gardenstategirlie) new banner in her signature!

strandinthewind 01-08-2004 04:16 PM

OMG - I LOVE "This Town" :laugh:

wondergirl9847 01-08-2004 04:16 PM

I've watched it

They are more "real" than Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie...that's fer sure. :rolleyes:

I agree, Jaime (and her weird mother) are annoying. She's always going "You're freaking me out!" Ugh...

That was funny when Ally's dad came in to help her clean her closet and kept griping about that skirt from Ralph Lauren (wasn't it?). Then she goes "Dad, I think I can finish this myself." LMAO!!

Livia 01-08-2004 04:17 PM

Ally's dad HATES Ralph Lauren! LOL

Merf 01-08-2004 04:25 PM

I love the crap out of Rich Girls!!!!!!!

It's hysterical! And unlike Paris Hilton, Ally and Jaime seem very genuine. I like them! They seem like fun girls, too.

golden braid 01-08-2004 07:45 PM

I watch this show. I like Ally better also but sometimes her whining about getting older and not being a child anymore gets annoying. Her family is so rich and she can do whatever she wants. It's hard to feel sympathetic for her when one week she's in LA and then she's in Nantucket and then she talking about going to Greece I think. Life is tough.

Mad4stevie 01-09-2004 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Livia
Ally's dad HATES Ralph Lauren! LOL
Boy, Daddy Tommy would HATE my closet, then!

I have seen this show a few times, and I do find it amusing. However, I must admit that I find the Jessica Simpson quotes much more hilarious!

:laugh:

GardenStateGirlie 01-09-2004 01:51 AM

I LOVE THIS SHOW. I'm dissapointed the first season is over already...the 10 spot will go back to being horrible. I didn't want to watch it at first because I thought it would be incredibly stupid...two young rich girls spending their parents money and galavanting all over the city. However, after the first two episodes, I was hooked and they're a lot more down to Earth than Paris and Nicole...that's for sure. Ally and Jaime are hysterical (sometimes, without really meaning to be) as are their friends...."people in the midwest aren't thinking 'these cargo pants would look really good with a pair of stilettos'...they need them for farming because they have a lot of pockets..." :laugh: They're both a riot...."I'M FREAKING OUT WITH A KNIFE." Bless their hearts. I can't wait for next season!! :nod:

Merf 01-09-2004 02:01 PM

LJ icons!

I made a few Rich Girls LJ icons... ya never know when they may come in handy...

;)

GardenStateGirlie 01-09-2004 02:14 PM

Re: LJ icons!

Quote:

Originally posted by Merf
I made a few Rich Girls LJ icons... ya never know when they may come in handy...

;)

We? Are such nerds. :nod: :laugh: <333

strandinthewind 01-09-2004 02:33 PM

Re: Re: LJ icons!

Quote:

Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
We? Are such nerds. :nod: :laugh: <333
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

And I am right there with ya :cool:

GardenStateGirlie 01-09-2004 03:36 PM

Re: Re: Re: LJ icons!

Quote:

Originally posted by strandinthewind
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

And I am right there with ya :cool:

See, now if you weren't a nerd on your own, being friends with me makes you a nerd by association :D

strandinthewind 01-10-2004 12:34 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: LJ icons!

Quote:

Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
See, now if you weren't a nerd on your own, being friends with me makes you a nerd by association :D
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: