The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stevie doesn't like to rehearse until after 3pm. (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57426)

secondhandchain 08-15-2017 12:53 AM

Stevie doesn't like to rehearse until after 3pm.

She says Lindsey likes to leave at 7pm and it's one of the reasons they fight. Um Stevie...I'd be annoyed too!!!!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/lif...5a1fe26cc9a050

iamnotafraid 08-15-2017 01:04 AM

That explains why she has no tan lines.

HomerMcvie 08-15-2017 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 1215378)
That explains why she has no tan lines.

Maybe she is a witch?:woohoo::wavey:

iamnotafraid 08-15-2017 01:19 AM

If so...

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1215379)
Maybe she is a witch?:woohoo::wavey:

You and I shall take a small amount of
water to her next show. And then we
will see.

HomerMcvie 08-15-2017 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 1215381)
You and I shall take a small amount of
water to her next show. And then we
will see.

I usually sneak in a couple "airplane mini's", but we can bless it and throw it at her!:lol::lol::lol:

iamnotafraid 08-15-2017 01:34 AM

For some reason I'm hearing Margaret Hamilton
right now.

jbrownsjr 08-15-2017 03:16 AM

Life is so hard for her. I really can sympathize with how awful it must be for her.
Damn, Lindsey! he ruins everything!

button-lip 08-15-2017 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1215377)
She says Lindsey likes to leave at 7pm and it's one of the reasons they fight. Um Stevie...I'd be annoyed too!!!!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/lif...5a1fe26cc9a050

I wonder how does he manage to feed his kids and put them to bed while on tour...

Meanwhile, I want a "Mr. Useless and Christine f*cking McVie" t-shirt! :woohoo:

HomerMcvie 08-15-2017 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1215390)
I wonder how does he manage to feed his kids and put them to bed while on tour...

Meanwhile, I want a "Mr. Useless and Christine f*cking McVie" t-shirt! :woohoo:

Me too! We should get some made!

I'd love for her to know how much ~SO MANY~ people's opinion of her have changed over the years...that she's a delusional loon.

But I'm sure she doesn't care, as she's her own biggest fan.

secondhandchain 08-15-2017 12:40 PM

Does she actually believe that Lindsey looks like the difficult one after this article???? Imagine the nerve wanting to rehearse normal human hours??? How DARE HE!!!!!

With every passing article my love for her fades...

jbrownsjr 08-15-2017 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1215413)
Does she actually believe that Lindsey looks like the difficult one after this article???? Imagine the nerve wanting to rehearse normal human hours??? How DARE HE!!!!!

With every passing article my love for her fades...

He was THROWN Down once again by her in the media.

She called him MR. USELESS. Does she realize that it's NOT really funny when we all know she has real issues with Lindsey. It's very passive aggressive to try to paint it as a joke.

Her immaturity as an adult goes along with her constant reminder to us and the world of her entitlement. We owe her. She's Stevie Nicks.

AncientQueen 08-15-2017 02:27 PM

Now wait, Stevie calles Lindsey Mr. Useless? That's harsh, even for her.

button-lip 08-15-2017 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AncientQueen (Post 1215425)

I couldn't find it funny. Not even for a minute. If it wasn't the other way around, we would still be hearing her fans' complaints. ;)

jmn3 08-15-2017 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1215430)
I couldn't find it funny. Not even for a minute. If it wasn't the other way around, we would still be hearing her fans' complaints. ;)

I thought this same thing. He's said in the past that it's different with Stevie because she doesn't play an instrument etc. Imagine if he was like "Stevie just sings she's basically Miss Useless in the studio and in preparing the live shows..". Chiffons would spin everywhere!

It's total passive aggressive behavior by her and it, like her, has gotten old. She has to be a total nightmare to work with if you're Lindsey (not that he doesn't have his own ability to be annoying). The rehearsal time comment is just ridiculous. Get over yourself.

deribish 08-15-2017 03:32 PM

The "MR Useless" phrase is about her getting a job in 73 or whenever... while Lindz woked on becoming a better guitarist. It's not a reference to him now in the least. Watch the video. It's around the 5 min mark.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AncientQueen (Post 1215425)

elle 08-15-2017 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deribish (Post 1215435)
The "MR Useless" phrase is about her getting a job in 73 or whenever... while Lindz woked on becoming a better guitarist. It's not a reference to him now in the least. Watch the video. It's around the 5 min mark.

read people's remarks. everyone is aware what it was about. and that it was about her being a "cleaning lady". everyone also read Keith Olsen's comments about how useless she really was as a cleaning lady. :laugh:

she does come across as really bitter, i almost feel sad for her. :distress:

jmn3 08-15-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1215437)
read people's remarks. everyone is aware what it was about. and that it was about her being a "cleaning lady". everyone also read Keith Olsen's comments about how useless she really was as a cleaning lady. :laugh:

she does come across as really bitter, i almost feel sad for her. :distress:

Right. I knew exactly what she was referencing. You have to read between the lines. Calling him Mr. Useless under the guise of referencing his inability to contribute to their ability to eat and pay the rent nearly 45 years ago is just another way for her to take a jab at him.

Agree about the bitterness - it is pretty sad.

bwboy 08-15-2017 04:27 PM

I really doubt that Lindsay cares one bit about Stevie calling him Mr. Useless when describing their life in 1973. I mean, does anyone really thinks he gives a comment like that a second thought? Not making excuses for her, but this is an example of fans being more upset than Lindsay. Besides, if she really felt that way at the time, then her stupid comment says a lot more about her for staying with him.

Now if she had used that term in the present tense, I would think it a much bigger deal and could see why people would be offended for Lindsay.

elle 08-15-2017 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1215441)
does anyone really thinks he gives a comment like that a second thought? Not making excuses for her, but this is an example of fans being more upset than Lindsay. Besides, if she really felt that way at the time, then her stupid comment says a lot more about her for staying with him.

i think fans are just sad for her., don't think anyone is really upset. that comment makes her look really bad.

he definitely doesn't care, although is probably sad for her too.

bwboy did you get your ticket for Cleveland yet? let's go boy, i will be there, want to see ya!

AncientQueen 08-15-2017 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deribish (Post 1215435)

Ah, okay, better! Still not nice and I really wonder how long she can be so unforgiving. Not sure if Lindsey is any better.

bwboy 08-15-2017 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1215442)
i think fans are just sad for her., don't think anyone is really upset. that comment makes her look really bad.

he definitely doesn't care, although is probably sad for her too.

bwboy did you get your ticket for Cleveland yet? let's go boy, i will be there, want to see ya!

Thanks for the encouragement, Elle! I remain on the fence, but I am much more likely to go to this venue because, even though Northfield/Cleveland is further away from me than Dayton was, I have a lot of friends there, so it would actually be easier on me. And it's a Friday. And it's their second leg, which means a second chance. If my friend up there says he'll go, then it's on; if he doesn't, we'll see. He's going to let me know by this weekend if he can go. I'm glad you're going. My friend didn't elaborate, but he said it's a decent venue.

JohnL 08-16-2017 06:14 AM

She called him that because he refused to get a job other than working on music. Put yourself in her place. You are a 20 something year old female singer trying to break into the big leagues. Your boyfriend sits at home all day long and plays guitar while you are out working and paying the bills. Yeah...I dont think anyone on this board would appreciate that...and I also think that the language that would be used by them about their partner would be a lot more harsh than Mr. Useless.

But, go ahead, crucify her as usual. We all know Lindsey had a very spoiled upbringing. Has he ever had a real job? He has slapped her, thrown his guitar at her on stage, told her what to wear on stage and what not to wear. But she is the bitch here. Whatever....

AncientQueen 08-16-2017 09:26 AM

^^^He was an ass then, she is a bitch now. His treatment of her has been criticized for decades. Hers is really hard to accept right now.

I think that Stevies recent statements regarding FM and especially Lindsey Buckingham are petty, mean and show how out of tune with decency she is.

elle 08-16-2017 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnL (Post 1215466)
She called him that because he refused to get a job other than working on music.

except that's not true, according to other people who were there. it's just Stevie's convenient story.

and he has always been classy about it and let her get away with telling that story, as he does.

her story was he worked as a telemarketer one day and got immediately fired. their friends' stories talk about him making money for them by painting houses for people. and of course as a session musician. something she couldn't do since she had no such skills.

button-lip 08-16-2017 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnL (Post 1215466)
She called him that because he refused to get a job other than working on music. Put yourself in her place. You are a 20 something year old female singer trying to break into the big leagues. Your boyfriend sits at home all day long and plays guitar while you are out working and paying the bills. Yeah...I dont think anyone on this board would appreciate that...and I also think that the language that would be used by them about their partner would be a lot more harsh than Mr. Useless.

But, go ahead, crucify her as usual. We all know Lindsey had a very spoiled upbringing. Has he ever had a real job? He has slapped her, thrown his guitar at her on stage, told her what to wear on stage and what not to wear. But she is the bitch here. Whatever....

So, if ok to call someone you have known for more than 50 years "useless" because he supposedly refused to get a job other than working on music? Why didn't she work on music too? Oh, right..... !

You don't know if anyone on this board hadn't live that situation, and she could have easily gone back to her Daddy, one of the big heads on Greyhound, and back to school.

Both had very spoiled upbringing. Don't put her here as a martyr who had to struggle to make ends meet, because we all know it was not the case. It was not as if she had no choice. She refused to take them because she didn't want to study and it was easier to dance and sing.

jbrownsjr 08-16-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AncientQueen (Post 1215473)
^^^He was an ass then, she is a bitch now. His treatment of her has been criticized for decades. Hers is really hard to accept right now.

I think that Stevies recent statements regarding FM and especially Lindsey Buckingham are petty, mean and show how out of tune with decency she is.

THANK YOU!

jbrownsjr 08-16-2017 11:37 AM

Does anyone else think it's pathetic that Stevie calls Lindsey 'Mr. Useless' and then informs us that she can't wake up until 3pm to rehearse with her band? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

JohnL 08-16-2017 12:13 PM

I think it is pathetic to try to read something into this that isnt there. If they were that much at each others throats, I dont think that we would be hearing about a tour in 2018 at all. I, for one, hope it doesnt even happen. I do not think that Lindsey has the vocal chops anymore to tour. I would prefer to have Stevie solo anyway.

rajtrip 08-16-2017 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnL (Post 1215490)
I think it is pathetic to try to read something into this that isnt there. If they were that much at each others throats, I dont think that we would be hearing about a tour in 2018 at all. I, for one, hope it doesnt even happen. I do not think that Lindsey has the vocal chops anymore to tour. I would prefer to have Stevie solo anyway.

If we're going to be honest none of them have the vocal chops to tour, but we'll still see them :)

JohnL 08-16-2017 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajtrip (Post 1215492)
If we're going to be honest none of them have the vocal chops to tour, but we'll still see them :)

I still think Stevie and Christine sound pretty good. They may not hit the notes like they used to but I still thoroughly enjoy their voices.

MakerofBirds 08-16-2017 12:34 PM

Quote:

I agree. Also, I think it's sad that people can't handle what was clearly said as a joke. I'm sure it's nothing that Lindsey hasn't heard already. We see MINUTES of their lives and it's ridiculous to dissect every little word they say about each other and think we have any clue about their relationship.

bombaysaffires 08-16-2017 12:38 PM

how long was Stevie a waitress??

She didn't last very long as a "cleaning lady" nor did she do a very good job (unless you ask her). She also worked as a dental assistant and had to quit after like 3 days because she couldn't take the strain of leaning over. (her words).

So I think she should be very careful about the term "useless".

In the Sound City documentary she reads a letter she wrote to her family during the making of the Buckingham Nicks record. In it she says she's "getting tired of being in the studio making music 12 hours a day". Really? You're making your first album, your dream, and you're tired of it?

Remember this is the girl who said joining FM was "like joining the Army" and you have to be "on time, as on time as you can be" and "there's no calling in sick". I was always somewhat sympathetic about all that because it's hard when you get no downtime to chill out. But as I got older and wiser I realized, there was clearly plenty of time to par-tay, she made sure of that. Some of the Mac performances reflect it.

Now, over time she does seem to have embraced the work ethic and became a workhorse. To the point that it now seems like she's so built her life around work that she can't give it up.

But back in the day, I'd say "useless" was a word that cut both ways. Listen to her demo of Rhiannon (which I love) and then listen to the version that went out into the world.......and think about "useless"......:sorry:

She breaks my heart. She really truly does.:(

jbrownsjr 08-16-2017 12:47 PM

^^^^ Yes, this!! I didn't know about the letter. But, she is the one that needs people to form her raw material. People are working on her stuff while she sleeps all day. :laugh::laugh:

bombaysaffires 08-16-2017 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakerofBirds (Post 1215496)
I agree. Also, I think it's sad that people can't handle what was clearly said as a joke. I'm sure it's nothing that Lindsey hasn't heard already. We see MINUTES of their lives and it's ridiculous to dissect every little word they say about each other and think we have any clue about their relationship.

Very valid point. If you're talking about personal relationship especially. But they use the press to air their frustrations with each other professionally and always have. So while I agree we definitely don't get to see the TOTALITY of their working relationship, we do get glimpses of it. And when you have seen enough glimpses over 40 years and there's a real consistency to those comments, you can, I think, draw at least a few valid conclusions from them.

In a recent print interview (maybe it was the transcript from this interview without editing? can't recall) she said "I work with Lindsey when I have to." And other than that they don't see each other, because he's got his family commitments and she doesn't.

Interesting choice of words. "when I have to". Not, "I see Lindsey when we work together in FM but otherwise we don't see each other socially coz he has kids blah blah blah"

Not "we see each other when FM gets together"

Rather, "I work with him when I have to". As in, when I have to go out on the mega cash-grab tours. (Does this mean she doesn't want to do them but feels she owes it to other band members like Mick and John??) I mean, if she doesn't enjoy them, why do them????

Does she do them because she likes being one of the only 70-ish female rockers still out there drawing big crowds? Does she do them because she likes being part of a band that still can compete with other mega bands still touring?

We assume she doesn't like recording with him, so she's stopped doing it. He's clearly, by comments from almost everyone in the band, become the director of their live shows, the musical director, etc etc.... so it sounds like he has as much control over live shows as he does in the studio, so how is it ok to tour with him but not record?

It all seems too contradictory, unless you go back to the ego thing. If the tours are mega successful, she'll put up with him. If the albums were still selling mega numbers and they were having hit singles, my bet is she'd be right there recording as well.

button-lip 08-16-2017 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakerofBirds (Post 1215496)

How do you all know it was a joke?

I will try to remember all these "jokes" comments the next time Lindsey open his mouth to say something about Stevie... because I never read any "it was just a joke!" comment. Not here, not on Twitter, not on Facebook. We'll see.

button-lip 08-16-2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1215498)
how long was Stevie a waitress??

She didn't last very long as a "cleaning lady" nor did she do a very good job (unless you ask her). She also worked as a dental assistant and had to quit after like 3 days because she couldn't take the strain of leaning over. (her words).

So I think she should be very careful about the term "useless".

In the Sound City documentary she reads a letter she wrote to her family during the making of the Buckingham Nicks record. In it she says she's "getting tired of being in the studio making music 12 hours a day". Really? You're making your first album, your dream, and you're tired of it?

Remember this is the girl who said joining FM was "like joining the Army" and you have to be "on time, as on time as you can be" and "there's no calling in sick". I was always somewhat sympathetic about all that because it's hard when you get no downtime to chill out. But as I got older and wiser I realized, there was clearly plenty of time to par-tay, she made sure of that. Some of the Mac performances reflect it.

Now, over time she does seem to have embraced the work ethic and became a workhorse. To the point that it now seems like she's so built her life around work that she can't give it up.

But back in the day, I'd say "useless" was a word that cut both ways. Listen to her demo of Rhiannon (which I love) and then listen to the version that went out into the world.......and think about "useless"......:sorry:

She breaks my heart. She really truly does.:(

I bet you all I have she doesn't even know how to scrub a toilet. :rolleyes:

button-lip 08-16-2017 01:31 PM

Quote:

I found Stevie's pathetic fans here and on Twitter and Facebook every single day, bitching about how bad, bad Lindsey ruined poor Stevie's life.

I also hope they drop the 2018 FM tour idea. I prefer an Europeran leg of the BM tour. But I don't think it'll happen. Stevie needs the money. That's why she's willing to put up with Lindsey's bad behavior. What a trouper!

JohnL 08-16-2017 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1215504)
I found Stevie's pathetic fans here and on Twitter and Facebook every single day, bitching about how bad, bad Lindsey ruined poor Stevie's life.

I also hope they drop the 2018 FM tour idea. I prefer an Europeran leg of the BM tour. But I don't think it'll happen. Stevie needs the money. That's why she's willing to put up with Lindsey's bad behavior. What a trouper!

Well us pathetic Stevie fans dont appreciate that comment honey. I dont post on Twitter and very little on Facebook but thanks for the derogatory comment.

JohnL 08-16-2017 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1215503)
I bet you all I have she doesn't even know how to scrub a toilet. :rolleyes:

Like any of those people scrub their own damn toilets.

elle 08-16-2017 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnL (Post 1215505)
Well us pathetic Stevie fans dont appreciate that comment honey. I dont post on Twitter and very little on Facebook but thanks for the derogatory comment.

She's not your honey.