The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Attention new owner! Malicious ads are killing this site! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57624)

elle 11-26-2017 09:13 PM

Attention new owner! Malicious ads are killing this site!

i cannot even see most forums on my iphone. and on my laptop it takes forever to load, by the time it does i'm usually already onto some different site. if you want to make some money on ads you won't be able to if nobody can even get to the site let alone actively participate in threads!

i guess you need to install some kind of filter to make sure ads coming through are not the malicious ones?

we love the site (and some fans hate it but still look at it all the time if they can access it!) and would love to be able to keep it and communicate on it, and archive our reviews and stories... but we can't put anything on it if majority of us cannot even access it on our phones or other devices!

Macfan4life 11-27-2017 08:29 AM

You can see the traffic is way down. There are 2-3 posts per day. This site is slowly dying and someone needs to fix it. I sometimes too give up and move on.

gldstwmn 11-27-2017 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1218900)
i cannot even see most forums on my iphone. and on my laptop it takes forever to load, by the time it does i'm usually already onto some different site. if you want to make some money on ads you won't be able to if nobody can even get to the site let alone actively participate in threads!

i guess you need to install some kind of filter to make sure ads coming through are not the malicious ones?

we love the site (and some fans hate it but still look at it all the time if they can access it!) and would love to be able to keep it and communicate on it, and archive our reviews and stories... but we can't put anything on it if majority of us cannot even access it on our phones or other devices!

I started using an ad blocker for that very reason. It helps a lot.

vivfox 11-27-2017 10:29 PM

I have no trouble at all accessing this site.

FuzzyPlum 11-28-2017 01:28 AM

It takes me about 45 seconds to move between each thread/forum/menu. It used to take 2 seconds.
It would be nice just to have our thoughts acknowledged.

SoulDrifter21 11-30-2017 01:24 PM

I can't open ANY of the forums on my computer now, in Safari or Firefox :-(

Jondalar 12-01-2017 03:25 AM

I brought this up a long time ago.

iamnotafraid 12-01-2017 04:13 AM

You guys be careful. When I asked a few questions about
this situation (maybe not in the nicest way) I was temporarily
banned.

Being haughty and not being liked by at least one or more
people here that have the power to make you disappear is
not a good combination.

But life go's on. And maybe for the better...

this post will self-destruct in 10...9...8...

p.s.
what happened before will happen again
mark my words...