The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   The Early Years (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Least Favorite Christine song from Heroes Are Hard to Find (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=48030)

MacShadowsBall 07-23-2011 05:18 PM

Least Favorite Christine song from Heroes Are Hard to Find

Vote for your least favorite Christine McVie song from Heroes Are Hard to Find.

Poll closes in 4 days. :cool:

SteveMacD 07-23-2011 10:10 PM

I have to vote anything but "Come A Little Bit Closer" since it has Sneaky Pete on it, and I'm a HUGE fan of Flying Burrito Bros. Actually, it's weird that they had a song with Sneaky Pete, considering that Buckingham Nicks had Ron Tutt on their record. Both of those guys played with Delaney & Bonnie on their album "To Bonnie, Love Delaney" (and we know the Bramlett connection to Fleetwood Mac by now). Small effing world.

louielouie2000 07-24-2011 11:24 PM

This album actually contains some of my very favorite Christine songs. Most notably Prove Your Love... which I feel is sonic nirvana. :) However, the title track rates as my least fav here. It's just kinda corny in both lyrics & production.

bangdrum 07-25-2011 03:29 PM

Why is Prove Your Love getting so many votes? I love that song!

Wouter Vuijk 07-25-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bangdrum (Post 1001812)
Why is Prove Your Love getting so many votes? I love that song!

So Many????
Up till now only three. Any idea how many people subscribed at the Ledge?. So what percentage would that be.
:sorry:

bangdrum 07-25-2011 06:08 PM

Well, 3 out of 10 votes. More than all but one other song. :p

jeremy spencer 07-26-2011 10:45 AM

A good question...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk (Post 1001838)
So Many????
Up till now only three. Any idea how many people subscribed at the Ledge?. So what percentage would that be.
:sorry:

Any stats?

mezzoforte 07-26-2011 11:01 AM

Prove Your Love is my single favorite Christine song of all time. That drawn out "Aaah-ah-aaaaah" is just incredibly sexy. PYL is Christine at her sultriest.

My vote went to Come a Little Bit Closer. A nice song, but vanilla pudding compared to the other three, all of which I rank among Christine's best work.

louielouie2000 07-26-2011 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mezzoforte (Post 1002014)
Prove Your Love is my single favorite Christine song of all time. That drawn out "Aaah-ah-aaaaah" is just incredibly sexy. PYL is Christine at her sultriest.

I agree. I think it's one of her most mystical & beautiful songs of all time.

darklinensuit 07-26-2011 10:56 PM

"Come a Little Bit Closer" is probably my favorite Chris song ever. I voted for "Prove Your Love" - it's not terrible, but definitely the melodically dullest of the four.

- Jake

MacShadowsBall 07-27-2011 08:40 PM

We got a tie between "Bad Loser" and "Prove Your Love" each with 5 votes.

I will break the tie. I absolutely love "Prove Your Love" so my tiebreaking vote goes to "Bad Loser".

So with 6 votes, "Bad Loser" wins least favorite Christine song from Heroes Are Hard to Find. :cool: