The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Post-Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   As Long As You Follow vs. No Questions Asked (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=33854)

Musicman408 09-02-2007 04:35 PM

As Long As You Follow vs. No Questions Asked

So, I am sure a lot of us own the 1988 greates hits. Of the two new songs on there, which on do you like more and for what reasons?

For me, this is a close one, and it goes back and forth, but I think I am going to have to go with NQA. Oh, but BTW, about a week or so ago I was at Meijers and ALAYF came on. I was humming it to myself. :laugh:

Much Love,
Ethan

Chrislit18 09-02-2007 09:06 PM

NQA, purely for the fact that its more upbeat. I like upbeat.

ALAYF is an amazing song too though, Its so much better lyrically, but you can only sing it so much...NQA is so much less work to sing/hum...

Oh and once in Home Depot ALAYF was on, and I was listening to Big Love or something and I heard it through my music. I paused. and Sang while my mom was buying carpet....:lol:

Theyre both good songs though.

Matthew 09-03-2007 05:30 AM

I really don´t know, which I like more, I love both of them. Stevie´s vocals during late 80´s was great and the music in NQA is good too.
ALAYF is beautiful song... I´m out:confused:
Sometimes I like listening to NQA, sometimes ALAYF....

Miss Vicky 09-03-2007 09:55 AM

As Long As You Follow.

Like both songs, but this one in particular stands out to me and is actually my favorite Christine McVie song, ever.

I love the atmospheric sound of both the vocal and the instrumentation and the lyrics, while being essentially just a simple love song, have always struck me as being quite beautiful.

Musicman408 09-03-2007 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 718073)
As Long As You Follow.

Like both songs, but this one in particular stands out to me and is actually my favorite Christine McVie song, ever.

I love the atmospheric sound of both the vocal and the instrumentation and the lyrics, while being essentially just a simple love song, have always struck me as being quite beautiful.

Might be mine too. :nod:

SteveMacD 09-03-2007 07:41 PM

ALAYF by FAR! It's good make-out music, and Rick Vito's guitar playing is superb.

NQA? Eh, it's okay. I've heard Stevie do worse. But it's just sort of...there. Like background music. It really is an inconsequential Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks song. I hate the lyric "I broke down like a little girl." Sad coming from a woman in her late 30s/early 40s.

Chrislit18 09-03-2007 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 718205)
ALAYF by FAR! It's good make-out music, and Rick Vito's guitar playing is superb.

I'll Have to remember that ;)

Villavic 09-03-2007 09:59 PM

ALAYF, of course. Never liked NQA. I didn't like Paper Doll either.
ALAYF was great.. Christine was better than ever during those years. Her songs in BTM are beautiful, too. She should have written songs like those for The Dance.

Johnny Stew 09-03-2007 10:52 PM

I love everything about "No Questions Asked" -- the lyrics, Stevie's vocals, the instrumentation, you name it. But, like Vicky, "As Long As You Follow" is my favorite Christine McVie song ever (rounding out the Top Three -- "Why" and "Nights In Estoril")... so "ALAYF" wins this one for me, hands down. :nod:

michelle2677 09-04-2007 06:46 AM

no questions asked, no questions asked :laugh: :rolleyes: i love that song, and it's always had a special place in my heart.

gldstwmn 09-04-2007 01:54 PM

I prefer the alternate of No Questions Asked, where she says "No quesitons asked" at the beginning.

chiliD 09-04-2007 02:46 PM

"As Long As You Follow" by default. I can't STAND "No Questions Asked". It's a bad song...too bad she waited until the song starts to fade to get to a "hook".

Gypsy-Rhiannon 09-05-2007 12:17 PM

As Long As You Follow

David 09-05-2007 12:55 PM

I think they're two good songs marred by the execution.

chiliD 09-05-2007 01:11 PM

Who got executed? Greg Ladanyi? :shrug::lol: