The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Just Thought I'd Share Thread (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=41544)

RickRobert 11-02-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 918566)
Haha. I did so badly in it. I was so nervous I couldn't read my notes or remember what I wanted to say. I was shaking badly. I had to leave the room two minutes in to cry in the corridoor. I'm so embarassed. My tutor agreed to me doing it on a much smaller level in her office though with my friends as an audience so that was nice of her. I know crowds so scare me, but I've never had a panic attack during a seminar before.

Awww, I'm doing AS Physics at the moment and we had to all do a presentation on anything Physics-related for the class of like... the eight of us. I guess I'm "friends" with all of them but I had to go first cause my name was first on the register... I stumbled on pretty much every sentence and had to take ten-second pauses to remember what I was gonna say... and at the end no one had a clue what it was I'd tried to explain :o If I was in your position, God help me!

Silver Springs 11-02-2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickRobert (Post 918665)
Awww, I'm doing AS Physics at the moment and we had to all do a presentation on anything Physics-related for the class of like... the eight of us. I guess I'm "friends" with all of them but I had to go first cause my name was first on the register... I stumbled on pretty much every sentence and had to take ten-second pauses to remember what I was gonna say... and at the end no one had a clue what it was I'd tried to explain :o If I was in your position, God help me!

I remember how brutal my A levels were, so I don't envy you one bit. The Tutors and, heck, even the students, were just as malicious and grasping as they are in College and University. You ought to be proud of yourself that you at least made it to the end, honey. I probably wouldn't have done. Especially when it comes to the Sciences and Maths. Just not my subjects unless the Sciences involved blowing things up :p Did you ever have to use that Crocodile Clips Chemistry program in the computer lab for a class? I probably spent most of my time mixing chemicals on it just to cause explosions lol. Never learned a thing from it, but I had me some fun. :p

LukeA 11-02-2010 08:40 PM

Well, its Election Day/Night... and I miss Krazy Alan Keyes. He's nowhere to be found. I miss having all that uproarious unintentional comedy in my life!

Enchanted_Stevi 11-02-2010 09:11 PM

So today in school was SOOOOO long!!! I was doing my things in my packet and then all of a sudden the owner signed me up to do a manicure for a little girl birthday party! So I did this little girls nails and then I got to do her hair...and I was so nervous because she was my first "client" lol Then the mom made me take a picture with her daughter lol

JTIS

Nikolaj 11-02-2010 10:44 PM

Briefly, I'll try! Edit: Oh, sure. I did try, though.
Good news at the cardiologist for my Mom today, her (cholesterol) blockage on the left side of her throat (corroded artery) has not significantly increased in 12 months since she was last tested, so no throat surgery or stent is needed for the left side. That is excellent news! Today was the doctor giving us results of an ultrasound she had 10 days ago that was painless for her. She had the actual surgery on the right side of her throat 12 years ago, which left a huge scar that took 10 years to fade, but it's unnoticeable now, mostly. And the 12 year old surgery still has absolutely NO blockage, so that's amazing.
Thursday, she has a 'hidascan' of her lower stomach area- which I'm scared will be painful for her, it's 90 minutes long with an IV in. I'll stay with her, I always do at appointments because she sees poorly and her hearing comes and goes. I sit there and take notes in my old small reporter notebooks, the doctors and technicians are used to me and seem to like me. This hidascan on Thursday follows a separate ultrasound than that of her neck, as well as a recent CAT scan of her stomach area. This more involved hida-scan is to determine if gall-bladder removal is necessary, and if she is a candidate for it, being weak and too thin. If it is permanent liver disease, ( the liver problem was a side effect of a med- Lipitor- she was on for years before we found out she shouldn't have been on it) that will somehow have to be addressed. Or, it could be tumors. Pending results of the hidascan, I have to ask the cardiologist if anastesia is possible should surgery be required. My gut tells me she won't be able to have a surgery, but we need to find out. I asked her if she wants me to cancel or postpone the HidaScan, but she is up for it and wants it done. I'd never have it done for myself! If you're gonna stick an IV in me for 90 minutes, there'd better be morphine in it! -Joking. Helps me cope. Never have tried morphine, though I hear it's groovy- someday, soon!
But for today, it was all good news! After the cardiologist, we went down to a river briefly, I saw about 6 huge shiny red canoes filled with maybe 8 guys in each one rowing, I've never seen this before except in movies. It was kind of beautiful, and they were gone in a flash, they were rowing so fast. Mom could barely make it out with her legal blindness, but I described it all to her. She loves for me to drive her down to the water; me, not so much. But, it was especially nice today after the good doctor's appt.
Then, we went to Target briefly for kitchen stuff and she didn't need either her walker or white cain- it's always one or the other, she can't do both at the same time, and I doubt that I could, either!! She had the big red Target shopping cart for support, so she felt and seemed like any shopper, happy with her new sink bottom mats, whatever the hell they are, Rubbermaid with the hole in the middle for the drain or drain-stopper. Whatever.
I drove her home, fixed dinner for my parents, then came to my house and got on The Ledge. So, a good day. Not as brief as I wanted.
I'm thankful for the good days.

DefDumbandBlond 11-03-2010 10:03 AM

Georgie if you're reading this it isn't letting me message you on MSN. :shocked: I keep getting the message 'the following message can't be delivered to recipients'.

ButterCookie 11-03-2010 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DefDumbandBlond (Post 918794)
Georgie if you're reading this it isn't letting me message you on MSN. :shocked: I keep getting the message 'the following message can't be delivered to recipients'.

SAME omg I was just about to post here to tell you. I've been disconnected twice, too. It's doing my tree in lately. Sort your **** out, Microsoft.

DefDumbandBlond 11-03-2010 10:06 AM

aaaagggghhhh I don't know why it's been acting up all of a sudden. I'll try signing out and back.

Kena 11-03-2010 11:51 AM

How many posts does it take to be an "addicted" ledgie? As far as I'm concerned, I'm a FM and SN addict but The Ledge has helped me with my overall FM addiction (you think it's not a bad thing? Well how many hours do you spend watching FM and SN videos on youtube or browsing the Ledge? WHILE YOU ARE AT WORK?).

Toodles

RickRobert 11-03-2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 918674)
I remember how brutal my A levels were, so I don't envy you one bit. The Tutors and, heck, even the students, were just as malicious and grasping as they are in College and University. You ought to be proud of yourself that you at least made it to the end, honey. I probably wouldn't have done. Especially when it comes to the Sciences and Maths. Just not my subjects unless the Sciences involved blowing things up :p Did you ever have to use that Crocodile Clips Chemistry program in the computer lab for a class? I probably spent most of my time mixing chemicals on it just to cause explosions lol. Never learned a thing from it, but I had me some fun. :p

The students and teachers are just fine for me, the problem was that I was originally only taking Maths, Physics, and Music, but my mum and granddad wouldn't sign my options sheet unless I took four... so I'm taking Chemistry too :distress: I love Music and Maths is alright but sometimes I get worried about the sciences. Never used that Crocodile Clips program as far as I know, but I hardly know any terms for what we do in English :o

DefDumbandBlond 11-03-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kena (Post 918813)
How many posts does it take to be an "addicted" ledgie? As far as I'm concerned, I'm a FM and SN addict but The Ledge has helped me with my overall FM addiction (you think it's not a bad thing? Well how many hours do you spend watching FM and SN videos on youtube or browsing the Ledge? WHILE YOU ARE AT WORK?).

Toodles

Not sure, I really didn't notice it or the other rankings until almost 400 posts but it could have changed way before. :confused:

TerraRhiannon 11-03-2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kena (Post 918813)

Toodles

Hehe, it's probably after 2 or 300. It probably won't take me that much longer to become an addicted ledgie, I'm addicted to this darn thing as it is, without it telling me I am. :p

I'm writing this while at school :lol: From quarter to 3, to 3:10 is my break, and I basically stay on here for that period of time while at school.

APerfectLie 11-03-2010 05:49 PM

They transfered my boss to another store. Now work is really going to suck!

Kena 11-03-2010 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon (Post 918829)
Hehe, it's probably after 2 or 300. It probably won't take me that much longer to become an addicted ledgie, I'm addicted to this darn thing as it is, without it telling me I am. :p

I'm writing this while at school :lol: From quarter to 3, to 3:10 is my break, and I basically stay on here for that period of time while at school.

Try from 7:30 a.m. when I arrive at work until 10:ish a.m. on a good day. I guess I need to stop browsing and start posting!

I don't even check my facebook anymore. I find my alternate reality of Stevie Nicks to be much more interesting and exciting than my real life. Yep, I'm sick...

Enchanted_Stevi 11-03-2010 09:25 PM

School today was pretty good...I got a TON done today!! Even though I spent like an hour looking at my packet trying to figure out what I was gonna do first. Oh and we got our "report cards" today from out BASICS class and I have an overall average of a 97 =D YAY ME!!!

Whenever I ask my teachers to sign off on something I do they always say how awesome everything is and even write it in the comments box =D like "awesome rollers" and "beautiful combout" and stuff like that. One head I did today looked JUST like a brunette Bea Arthur LOL I'll post a picture soon

JTIS