The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Poll: do you own all 17 studio albums? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=53185)

Mr Scarrott 01-25-2014 11:29 AM

Poll: do you own all 17 studio albums?

Just a quick poll, as I'm interested.

redtulip 01-25-2014 11:47 AM

Most of the albums I own are digital only. I have everything with Stevie and Lindsey on it, plus a couple of the albums from before Lindsey and Stevie on vinyl that came in a huge lot of vinyl I bought last summer. I haven't listened to them yet though.

*edit* I have Rumours (multiple), Tusk, Mirage, and Live 80 on vinyl.

mitzo 01-25-2014 11:56 AM

I have everything since White Album except the live album from '80 and Extended Play.

BLY 01-25-2014 11:59 AM

I have it all including all solo recordings.

louielouie2000 01-25-2014 12:04 PM

I own everything but the Peter Green albums.

elle 01-25-2014 12:13 PM

none of the above, exactly.

i have white, rumours (3-disc set from the last year, plus amazon download came with an extra disc of outtakes), tusk (2 discs), say you will (deluxe edition) and extended play.

all of these are either CDs, downloads, or both. no FM vinyl.

oh i also have greatest hits and the very best of. and Live in Boston CD/DVD. and Destiny Rules doc.

(plus everything LB solo ever put out, whether CD, download, soundtrack, DVD or blu-ray)

Ulpian 01-25-2014 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1118618)
none of the above, exactly.

i have white, rumours (3-disc set from the last year, plus amazon download came with an extra disc of outtakes), tusk (2 discs), say you will (deluxe edition) and extended play.

all of these are either CDs, downloads, or both. no FM vinyl.

oh i also have greatest hits and the very best of. and Live in Boston CD/DVD. and Destiny Rules doc.

(plus everything LB solo ever put out, whether CD, download, soundtrack, DVD or blu-ray)

I was only thinking about studio albums on this thread, but if you've got LiB then *surely* you have the 1980 Live or The Dance? Either of those show LiB up as pretty mediocre IMHO.

elle 01-25-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulpian (Post 1118619)
I was only thinking about studio albums on this thread, but if you've got LiB then *surely* you have the 1980 Live or The Dance? Either of those show LiB up as pretty mediocre IMHO.

ha, yeah i actually have the dance, forgot about it.

re which one is better, it's interesting i was considering whether to buy the dance or LiB CD/DVD when i first started getting into LB/the mac. the opinions were very divided, if you read amazon reviews, for example. some people thought the dance was much better others thought LiB was. i don't remember which one i bought first based on those opinions.

as far as LiB CD i only listen to the Eyes (love it on LiB! probably my favorite song there). as far as also watching while listening, used to watch LiB a lot. love it! (plus the LB eye candy factor is off the charts on LiB!! :))

Ulpian 01-25-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1118621)
ha, yeah i actually have the dance, forgot about it.

re which one is better, it's interesting i was considering whether to buy the dance or LiB CD/DVD when i first started getting into LB/the mac. the opinions were very divided, if you read amazon reviews, for example. some people thought the dance was much better others thought LiB was. i don't remember which one i bought first based on those opinions.

as far as LiB CD i only listen to the Eyes (love it on LiB! probably my favorite song there). as far as also watching while listening, used to watch LiB a lot. love it! (plus the LB eye candy factor is off the charts on LiB!! :))

I like EOTW from that CD, as well as Stand Back. Unfortunately the other stuff on the CD is what they did on The Dance, but it sounds worse.

The Dance on the other hand, whilst polished a lot post-recording, is magical. Ok it has a couple of clunkers, but it knocks socks off the rivals. :D

elle 01-25-2014 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulpian (Post 1118622)
I like EOTW from that CD, as well as Stand Back. Unfortunately the other stuff on the CD is what they did on The Dance, but it sounds worse.

The Dance on the other hand, whilst polished a lot post-recording, is magical. Ok it has a couple of clunkers, but it knocks socks off the rivals. :D

yeah if you are comparing CDs, i think it's kinda ridiculous and waste what they put on LiB CD. i'm thinking more of all the music that's on DVD, for both. majority of more interesting songs/performances on LiB in my opinion are the ones that are not on the CD. plus there's the monkey dance before SB. ;)

re the dance, do i remember correctly that you are primarily a CM fan? if i was in your shoes, i would probably be biased towards the dance too. but also as you said, a lot of the dance criticisms were that it was so much worked on after it was recorded that it should almost not be called "live". blame for that i would think mostly falls on LB's shoulders. i'm glad he doesn't tinker with stuff anymore like that, if judging by all the solo live stuff he put out recently.

Ulpian 01-25-2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1118623)
yeah if you are comparing CDs, i think it's kinda ridiculous and waste what they put on LiB CD. i'm thinking more of all the music that's on DVD, for both. majority of more interesting songs/performances on LiB in my opinion are the ones that are not on the CD. plus there's the monkey dance before SB. ;)

re the dance, do i remember correctly that you are primarily a CM fan? if i was in your shoes, i would probably be biased towards the dance too. but also as you said, a lot of the dance criticisms were that it was so much worked on after it was recorded that it should almost not be called "live". blame for that i would think mostly falls on LB's shoulders. i'm glad he doesn't tinker with stuff anymore like that, if judging by all the solo live stuff he put out recently.

Ah I thought we were just talking about the CDs!

Obviously as a Christine fan I love The Dance, but I like the others too, and can appreciate some of the stuff on LiB. I just feel that, in particular, Stevie's voice was doing weird things at that time (very nasal) and that Lindsey did some stuff better on The Dance. I think, for example, that ISA on The Dance is much better than on LiB. Still, each to their own.

aleuzzi 01-25-2014 01:01 PM

I said I had them all. I did at one point, but I no longer have Behind the Mask, which I really do not like.

I have kept three songs from Mask on my Ipod, however.

I like Time, btw ;)

elle 01-25-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulpian (Post 1118624)
Ah I thought we were just talking about the CDs!

Obviously as a Christine fan I love The Dance, but I like the others too, and can appreciate some of the stuff on LiB. I just feel that, in particular, Stevie's voice was doing weird things at that time (very nasal) and that Lindsey did some stuff better on The Dance. I think, for example, that ISA on The Dance is much better than on LiB. Still, each to their own.

yeah re ISA - although i like many different versions of ISA (and i love that recent OMS version that seems to be garnering so much hate! it just hits me the right way, somehow), if i had to choose i would definitely say i prefer earlier, faster versions better than more recent slower ones...

Mr Scarrott 01-25-2014 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1118625)
I said I had them all. I did at one point, but I no longer have Behind the Mask, which I really do not like.

I'm kind of with you regarding BTM. There's too much of it that I simply find unlistenable, although the title track is Christine's best since Brown Eyes, IMO. Other albums might have one completely dreadful track (When You Say, Roadrunner, Family Man spring to mind) but on BTM there are too many clunkers.

I'm not including my late wife's masterpiece on Bare Trees, though. A little English whimsy does no harm every so often. ;)

jbrownsjr 01-25-2014 01:56 PM

I have everything. Solo, Early Years, Middle Years, Late Years. Lots of Bootlegs too.

chiliD 01-25-2014 02:16 PM

I got all the official releases (most of them within a week of their release date) from Dog & Dustbin to Live In Boston (2003), and a plethora of semi-official live releases as well as quite a number of some downright illegal bootlegs. (and about 6 or 7 versions of Rumours) Also, have the singles that the B-side was not on the album from which the A-side was taken (except "Green Manalishi"/"World In Harmony"...that's still my "Holy Grail")

AND, most of the major members' solo albums, as well. (Peter, Jeremy, Danny, Bob Weston, Bob Welch, Christine, Mick, Lindsey & Stevie) My collection isn't quite as complete as John's (wetcamelfood), but, it's close.

Just just got up to date on Jeremy Spencer's post-Mac catalogue this past week. Looking forward to getting his new album shortly (Coventry Blue)

BLY 01-25-2014 02:21 PM

Once again this thread deviates from the question???????

jwd 01-25-2014 02:25 PM

I'm seriously doubting anyone will choose the last option, but it was good for a laugh. :laugh:

moon 01-25-2014 02:40 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA the last choice is too funny!!!!!!!! :D And sad if you only own...Time...no offends!
Dear friends, my collection IS really sad. I don't have enough CDs yet!!
I own Then Play On, Penguin, FM '75, Rumours, Live, Tango, Say You Will, and The Very Best of (single and double) on CD, then Bare Trees and Behind the Mask on cassette...and the rest on my pc... :distress:
But, I must say that, except for Time, I have all their albums, in one format or another, from 1972 to 2004, which is not bad at all! (Sorry Peter!!!)
Regards!

Mr Scarrott 01-25-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1118637)
I'm seriously doubting anyone will choose the last option, but it was good for a laugh. :laugh:

I'm glad someone appreciates my sense of humour, although barring Blow by Blow I enjoy Time. Maybe I should have had options like

1. Rumours "5" and SYW only.
2. Rumours "5", SYW and BTM only.
3 Rumours "5", SYW BTM, Time only.
4. Rumours "5" SYW, mid-period only
5 Rumours "5" SYW, BTM, mid-period only
6. Rumours "5" SYW, BTM, Time mid-period only
7. Rumours "5", SYW, Green era...

etc, etc.. but that might have got a bit tedious. Besides, I wanted to open it up for responses. I'm always curious to now how many of us are out there that try to appreciate all periods of the band.

jwd 01-25-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott (Post 1118641)
I'm glad someone appreciates my sense of humour, although barring Blow by Blow I enjoy Time. Maybe I should have had options like

1. Rumours "5" and SYW only.
2. Rumours "5", SYW and BTM only.
3 Rumours "5", SYW BTM, Time only.
4. Rumours "5" SYW, mid-period only
5 Rumours "5" SYW, BTM, mid-period only
6. Rumours "5" SYW, BTM, Time mid-period only
7. Rumours "5", SYW, Green era...

etc, etc.. but that might have got a bit tedious. Besides, I wanted to open it up for responses. I'm always curious to now how many of us are out there that try to appreciate all periods of the band.

I actually like your list of choices in the poll. And for the record "I Do" (pun intended) own "Time" and appreciate all periods of the band. Along with all the solo projects of the band members from all eras of FM.

Johnny Stew 01-25-2014 03:18 PM

I own every studio album on CD (plus additional copies of several on vinyl, cassette, and even a couple 8 tracks!), the major compilations, the official live albums, the digital-only EP, quite a few 7" singles and 12" maxis, and a handful of cassette-singles.

Solo-wise, I own on CD -- all of Stevie's & Christine's albums, all of Lindsey's except 'Seeds We Sow' (I have a digital copy, but haven't feel the need to purchase a hard copy), five of Bob Welch's, three of Mick's, two of Rick's, and Bekka & Billy's one-off album. I have digital copies of many of the other solo albums, as well.

That's just the official stuff. ;)

jbrownsjr 01-25-2014 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Stew (Post 1118647)
I own every studio album on CD (plus additional copies of several on vinyl, cassette, and even a couple 8 tracks!), the major compilations, the official live albums, the digital-only EP, quite a few 7" singles and 12" maxis, and a handful of cassette-singles.

Solo-wise, I own on CD -- all of Stevie's & Christine's albums, all of Lindsey's except 'Seeds We Sow' (I have a digital copy, but haven't feel the need to purchase a hard copy), five of Bob Welch's, three of Mick's, two of Rick's, and Bekka & Billy's one-off album. I have digital copies of many of the other solo albums, as well.

That's just the official stuff. ;)

You're a monster, Johnny!! :)

jcalzaretta 01-25-2014 03:49 PM

I have all post Lindsey and Stevie. And I have Heroes are Hard to Find, Mystery to Me, Bare Trees, and Future Games.

Kubrick2788 01-25-2014 03:55 PM

Curious...

Does anyone else have the Selections From Live In Boston Vol. 2? I downloaded it from Amazon a long time ago and I don't know that I've ever seen it again. Certainly not on iTunes.

Johnny Stew 01-25-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1118648)
You're a monster, Johnny!! :)

Lol.

As it is, I forgot to add CD singles to the Mac list. I also have various solo albums on vinyl and cassette, and quite a few solo singles on vinyl, CD and/or cassette single. :o

Johnny Stew 01-25-2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 (Post 1118655)
Does anyone else have the Selections From Live In Boston Vol. 2? I downloaded it from Amazon a long time ago and I don't know that I've ever seen it again. Certainly not on iTunes.

Yes... and as you pointed out, it's no longer available for some reason. Amazon used to have it too.

ChickenStu 01-25-2014 05:50 PM

I've got all of the studio albums. I also have Greatest Hits, The Dance, 25 Years: The Chain and I downloaded Extended Play.

Even though I own the lot only really listen to the Rumours line up regularly. However, each year I will have a retrospective and listen to them all from start to finish.

jbrownsjr 01-25-2014 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Stew (Post 1118657)
Lol.

As it is, I forgot to add CD singles to the Mac list. I also have various solo albums on vinyl and cassette, and quite a few solo singles on vinyl, CD and/or cassette single. :o

I have quite a few cd singles, cassette singles, and vinyl singles as well.

SpyNote 01-25-2014 06:30 PM

About five years ago, I started collecting the blues stuff, which had been the only albums missing from my collection. I have them all now. I transferred everything to digital files (yes, horrors!) and refer to them quickly on my drives when I need some information. I will occasionally look at the old vinyl and cassettes in the cold basement when I'm feeling nostalgic.

David 01-25-2014 08:48 PM

How many of you guys have ALL the guest appearances on other albums? That must run into the multi-hundreds.

BLY 01-25-2014 09:11 PM

I bought and downloaded EVERYTHING Stevie and Lindsey & Christine put out. I was going crazy from 1990-1996 to get "new stuff"

nicole21290 01-25-2014 09:38 PM

Digital:
I have all Fleetwood Mac albums from every 'era'. I also have all solo albums from Stevie, Lindsey and Christine. Plus plenty of bootlegged material from the group 1975-2013 and Stevie and Lindsey's solo work.

Physical:
CDs - The Chain (compilation), Fleetwood Mac, Rumours (Deluxe), Tusk (Deluxe), Mirage, Tango, Say You Will. Also have In Your Dreams and Seeds We Sow.
LPs - all secondhand. Fleetwood Mac, Rumours, Tusk, Live 1980, Buckingham Nicks, Bella Donna.

michelej1 01-25-2014 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1118680)
How many of you guys have ALL the guest appearances on other albums? That must run into the multi-hundreds.

Herculean feat. Yes, other than wetcamelfood, I'm sure no one, not the completest completist, would even want to do that.

Michele

SteveMacD 01-26-2014 12:08 AM

I have all the studio and official live albums and comps, sometimes on three different formats, and some Green-era comps that were put together after they broke out in 1975. AND, I've listened to them all thousands of times.

Also, I have a lot of "guest appearances" on various CDs and comps...Looking at you Merryweather.

ETA...

http://my.mail.ru/video/mail/alex-en.../197070/233245

ETA 2...

ChickenStu 01-26-2014 10:47 AM

I tried listening to Time once. Ugh. I believe I was only able to stand about 7 minutes of it. Sounded like Hootie And The Blowfish. And no. That's NOT a good thing.

Ulpian 01-26-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickenStu (Post 1118738)
I tried listening to Time once. Ugh. I believe I was only able to stand about 7 minutes of it. Sounded like Hootie And The Blowfish. And no. That's NOT a good thing.

Actually there are a few good songs on there, if you're prepared to accept the different lineup.

'Sooner or Later' is one of Christine's darker songs but it's not bad at all. Also 'Nights in Estoril' is pretty good.

Of the others, I quite like 'Winds of Change' and 'Talking to My Heart'.

There is admittedly some sub-par stuff and of course Mick's bizarre spoken word track.

Mr Scarrott 01-26-2014 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickenStu (Post 1118738)

At least go back and listen to Christine's songs! And maybe Nothing without you - it's the one track that I think definitely has all six members of the lineup on it and even Lindsey's there as well, so it has a group "feel" about it. I can understand people's reaction to These Strange Times but I'm kind of indulgent towards it. I'm inclined to agreeing with a review at the time of the release that said he "almost gets away with it"

What was your reaction to Christine's songs from the Welch era, btw?

ryan4136 01-26-2014 12:35 PM

11 here.

9 on vynl

+ BN on vynl

SpyNote 01-26-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1118636)
Once again this thread deviates from the question???????

Threadjackers! :laugh: Hey, is that message board still around?