The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Post-Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bekka & Billy OR Buckingham/Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=29470)

PsychCat 10-24-2006 09:41 PM

Bekka & Billy OR Buckingham/Nicks

In regards to the two albums.... FLEETWOOD MAC work aside!!

Do you prefer Bekka & Billy's album they released after the "Time" phase
OR
do you prefer Buckingham/Nicks' album they released before the white album?

I would also love to hear considerations to the songwriting and overall talents.
Granted... they are about 25 yrs apart.... but work with me. :wavey:

BlackWidow 10-24-2006 09:44 PM

Oh Come ON!!!!!!!!
BUCKINGHAM/NICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

irishgrl 10-24-2006 09:59 PM

talk about a no-brainer....:shrug:

oh yeah, I voted BN.

BlackWidow 10-24-2006 10:00 PM

oh hell YES!!!!

CelticGypsy 10-24-2006 10:26 PM

BuckinghamNicks

Love several of those songs:xoxo:

DrummerDeanna 10-24-2006 11:34 PM

Well by default I voted for BN...the default being I've never even heard (nor did I even know they had) a Bekka/Billy album :o

SteveMacD 10-25-2006 08:56 AM

I'll say "Buckingham Nicks," though, to be fair, I'd take "Bekka & Billy" over "Say You Will."

chiliD 10-25-2006 10:06 AM

I'm SO sick of Buckingham Nicks...individually & collectively...gimme Bekka & Billy.

JazmenFlowers 10-26-2006 10:21 AM

is this a serious question? :shrug:

:laugh:

in all seriousness, I like Billy and Bekka...ehhh, sometimes. Billy is too bland for me and a little boring. Bekka screeches and acts like she has terrets (um, hello. Bekka? yeah, hon. you're a backup singer for Faith Hill, not a resort entertainer). so, I guess I'm forced to go with good ole B/N.

ok, before anyone goes ape****, I do think Bekka's a talented singer and songwriter. she just annoys, that's all.

Miss Vicky 10-26-2006 09:22 PM

I love both albums, but I have to give my vote to Bekka and Billy if for no other reason than the fact that I listen to it far more frequently than Buckingham Nicks.

There's a lot to be said for both records, especially in regards to songwriting as they include some of the best lyrics any of them has written. In that respect, Bekka shines on "Through the Walls" and "Better Days," Billy shines on "Heart to Call Home," Lindsey shines on "Without A Leg to Stand On" and Stevie shines on "Frozen Love."

BlackWidow 10-26-2006 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers (Post 589223)
is this a serious question? :shrug:

:laugh:

in all seriousness, I like Billy and Bekka...ehhh, sometimes. Billy is too bland for me and a little boring. Bekka screeches and acts like she has terrets (um, hello. Bekka? yeah, hon. you're a backup singer for Faith Hill, not a resort entertainer). so, I guess I'm forced to go with good ole B/N.

ok, before anyone goes ape****, I do think Bekka's a talented singer and songwriter. she just annoys, that's all.

Billy Burnette...ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Bekka is a cocktail waitress off Route 66 in Conshohocken...:D

HomerMcvie 10-27-2006 02:04 AM

^^^You, are completely rude.

PsychCat 10-27-2006 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackWidow (Post 589716)
Billy Burnette...ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Bekka is a cocktail waitress off Route 66 in Conshohocken...:D

What? I don't believe we needed to get into attacking their character.
That's WHY I asked to reply to this from a constructive, artistic point of view.... ie, the actual albums.... NOT the artists themselves.

I have been a long time fan of both Lindsey's and Stevie's. I love alot of their stuff and alot of it not so much. I've met both of them various times and Lindsey has always been very cordial and very cool while Stevie can be really nice or in "her highness" mode.
With that, I'm also a big fan of Bekka's and Billy's. Granted, Stevie and Lindsey have about a 20 yr jump on the other two. I've also met Billy and he is a really nice guy, very unassuming. I have also gotten to know Bekka and she is an amazing lady. I personally could not ask for a better friend and am blessed.

So with all that, this question wasn't about the artist's personally.... it was about the two albums and what they contain.
I appreciate those of you that did answer that way... .that's what I was curious about as a fellow FLEETWOOD MAC fan. Thanks!! :wavey:

SteveMacD 10-27-2006 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychCat (Post 589761)
What? I don't believe we needed to get into attacking their character.
That's WHY I asked to reply to this from a constructive, artistic point of view.... ie, the actual albums.... NOT the artists themselves.

That particular poster is not capable of participating in a constructive discussion, which is why he's on several people's "ignore" list. Anything that remotely suggests there's more to Fleetwood Mac than either Buckingham or Nicks somehow makes him feel insecure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychCat (Post 589761)
With that, I'm also a big fan of Bekka's and Billy's. Granted, Stevie and Lindsey have about a 20 yr jump on the other two.

Actually, Billy's first album came out a year BEFORE Buckingham Nicks, and Billy had recorded a few singles as a kid back in the late '50s/early '60s.

Musicman408 10-28-2006 11:05 PM

Absolutely without a doubt, Buckingham Nicks....

Much Love,
Ethan