The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Good News! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=35960)

Chrislit18 05-01-2008 06:02 PM

Good News!

Well, for me anyways!

I'm so happy about this, I just have to share it!!!

I am now officially a member of National Honor Society!

In order to get in you have to have a minimum of 3.7 GPA [I have a 3.9], do a lot! of community service, have 'leadership' qualities, and good character/reccomendations from teachers.

I was worried that my sarcasticness in class would have made my teachers write that I can be dissrespectful at times, but I'm sure they didn't otherwise I wouldn't be writing this!!

There is an induction banquet in two weeks, and I am so excited!

This really makes me feel like the hard work I put into school has paid off. :)

Thanks for listening to my rant about how excited I am about this, this is a great accomplishment for me, and is even more motivating for me to do better in school!

Chrisitne

jannieC 05-01-2008 06:08 PM

Christine this is WONDERFUL news- congratulations! :thumbsup::woohoo::thumbsup::woohoo:

You should be very proud of yourself- keep up the excellent work. :)

Stew_Matthews 05-01-2008 06:19 PM

Good effort Christine. Doing well at school gives you many more opportunities when you start to think about working. Stick with it!

Chrislit18 05-01-2008 07:33 PM

Thanks guys!

I really appreciate your comments, they mean a lot to me!

Madelow 05-01-2008 07:41 PM

Dear Christine-- I echo the others' positive accolades!. Congratulations! Continue along your chosen path it's obviously the right one for you! Best always, Madelow.:wavey:

Brad 05-01-2008 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrislit18 (Post 754159)
Well, for me anyways!

In order to get in you have to have a minimum of 3.7 GPA [I have a 3.9], do a lot! of community service, have 'leadership' qualities, and good character/reccomendations from teachers.

I was worried that my sarcasticness in class would have made my teachers write that I can be dissrespectful at times, but I'm sure they didn't otherwise I wouldn't be writing this!!

Thanks for listening to my rant about how excited I am about this, this is a great accomplishment for me, and is even more motivating for me to do better in school!

Chrisitne

As the NHS president of my high school for '97-'98, I'd like to congratulate your hard work! Good job!

Me in high school: "No, Dad, I don't want to play football. I want to be NHS president."
My dad: (groan)

Ha ha!

Congrats again!

Brad

Steviefan49 05-01-2008 08:13 PM

Quote:

Well, for me anyways!

Chrisitne

Hey Christine!!!

WOW.. Congrats to you!!! NHS is a AWESOME and huge honor!! Congrats, congrats to you!!:woohoo:

seeker007nmss 05-03-2008 11:13 PM

Woot! Welcome to the golden tassel club! :wavey:

kathy1 05-04-2008 09:15 AM

congratulations.

Chrislit18 05-04-2008 10:23 AM

Thanks Everyone!

I am so excited for the 12...when we have the induction ceremony!

I know how much this is gonna help my future. especially with colleges!

kathy1 05-04-2008 10:25 AM

your welcome.

Phoenix 05-15-2008 04:49 AM

Quote:

Well, for me anyways!

Chrisitne

THIS is good news. it really is not an easy thing to do. I applaud and admire your achievement.:thumbsup:

Chrislit18 05-15-2008 09:07 AM

Thanks Phoenix [I had to stay home from school today, my mom had a foot operation so I stayed home today to help her :)]!!

we had our induction ceremony monday night....it was hilarious actually.
I wont tell the whole story for time purposes, but when I went up to do the thing, i had my seat card stuck to my hair!!! something that totally would happen to me anyways. i was laughing when everyone told me. one of the older girls had to pick it out of my hair!!!

but otherwise it was a really good night :)
I am so excited to start NHS next year!