The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Fine Wine (ponderings) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=14693)

jbrownsjr 06-06-2004 12:29 AM

Fine Wine (ponderings)

Anybody agree with me that Christine is like a fine wine. She just keeps getting better with age.

Honestly her whole career has been amazing. The list of songs on her portfolio and accomplishments are so compelling. It's like hidden treasure. Her eyes, her music and her personality are as beautiful as ever.

I now see her as a solo artist and legend that spent 35 years with Fleetwood Mac rather than the glue that held it all together. And she's both of these things for sure.

Thank God I see this. I have crystal vision when it comes to what Christine's contributions to music were. The world is a little bit warmer and a little more honest because she is in it.

Steps off soapbox.....
:shocked:

HomerMcvie 06-06-2004 03:35 AM

Very well put. I couldn't agree more.

strandinthewind 06-06-2004 06:00 AM

I LOVE CM amd cannot wait to be the first one in my neighborhood to get this CD, which sounds GREAT from what I have heard so far. It is like seeing an old friend again. :D

macfan 57 06-06-2004 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
Anybody agree with me that Christine is like a fine wine. She just keeps getting better with age.

Honestly her whole career has been amazing. The list of songs on her portfolio and accomplishments are so compelling. It's like hidden treasure. Her eyes, her music and her personality are as beautiful as ever.

I now see her as a solo artist and legend that spent 35 years with Fleetwood Mac rather than the glue that held it all together. And she's both of these things for sure.

Thank God I see this. I have crystal vision when it comes to what Christine's contributions to music were. The world is a little bit warmer and a little more honest because she is in it.

Steps off soapbox.....
:shocked:

I couldn't agree more. Well, said. :nod: I definitely think she's gotten better with time. Take her voice alone;in my opinion, she's singing better now than when she was 30 years younger. How many people can you say that about?

jwd 06-06-2004 10:10 AM

Quote:

jbrownsjr:

Anybody agree with me that Christine is like a fine wine. She just keeps getting better with age

I think I'll buy myself a bottle of vintage Christine McVie! :thumbsup:

HomerMcvie 06-06-2004 11:43 AM

Quote:

Take her voice alone;in my opinion, she's singing better now than when she was 30 years younger. How many people can you say that about?
I can think of a couple of people who you can't say that about!
One in particular! :lol: :laugh: :lol:

macfan 57 06-06-2004 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
I can think of a couple of people who you can't say that about!
One in particular! :lol: :laugh: :lol:

Homer, now who could you possibly be thinking of? :laugh: :laugh:

HomerMcvie 06-06-2004 09:44 PM

Well, ?'s never really BEEN a singer. That's why she's always losing her voice, and wussing out on doing any challenging song now. Years of doing it wrong have taken a fairly heavy toll.
Chris has a very natural singing voice. She makes it look as easy as riding a bike.
Smooth. Like Butta. :)

Jessica 06-06-2004 11:33 PM

Quote:

Well, ?'s never really BEEN a singer. That's why she's always losing her voice, and wussing out on doing any challenging song now. Years of doing it wrong have taken a fairly heavy toll.
Chris has a very natural singing voice. She makes it look as easy as riding a bike.
Smooth. Like Butta. :)

Cleverly, she mostly writes songs only she can perform with any authenticity (although I did like The Corrs's cover of Dreams better than the way ? sings it these days).

CM tends to write a good song that a lot of people could do (and she sings best of all).

Jessica

Villavic 06-07-2004 04:23 PM

English Rose and the Welsh witch

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
I now see her as a solo artist and legend that spent 35 years with Fleetwood Mac rather than the glue that held it all together. :shocked:

When I knew she left the band, I was shocked. Because I did see her as the real glue, along with Mick. Now she says the mac records had a bit of padding in them (after 35 years she now feels that??). Anyway, her reasons seems to be more about living in England. At least that's what she says. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica
Cleverly, she mostly writes songs only she can perform with any authenticity (although I did like The Corrs's cover of Dreams better than the way ? sings it these days).

OOOOOHHH !!!
That's who you were talking about.... :rolleyes:

jbrownsjr 06-07-2004 05:35 PM

I don't think she was criticizing the Mac. She was trying to point out that some songs will get put on a record that were already committed even though the writer may not like that song as much as other songs.

I Don't Wanna Know was padding

HomerMcvie 06-07-2004 08:24 PM

And I love IDWK. I don't know why they won't do it live...... :confused:

jbrownsjr 06-07-2004 10:03 PM

Quote:

And I love IDWK. I don't know why they won't do it live...... :confused:

cos they're witches!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

HomerMcvie 06-08-2004 03:42 AM

Damn, witches scare me. Especially the old ones! :lol: