The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Material for Greatest Hits? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=50893)

michelej1 10-13-2012 08:10 PM

New Material for Greatest Hits?

[Aye, that Cornish-born laddie]

Express Co.uk Sunday October 14,2012
By James Desborough

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...c-hit-the-road

SUPERGROUP Fleetwood Mac are planning a world tour next year after reforming for a series of concerts following months of wrangling between drummer Mick Fleetwood and singer Stevie Nicks.

The rock giants are hitting the road to mark the 45th anniversary of the release of the band’s first album, with a different line-up, in 1968.

Singer Stevie Nicks has agreed to reunite with Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie. British singer Christine McVie is not expected to sign up.

Last night a spokesman for Nicks confirmed plans for the tour: “It’s certainly looking that way. I don’t have specifics yet.”

The group may even record new material for a proposed greatest hits release.

A source in Los Angeles said: “The Fleetwood Mac tour is on. This may be the end of the road for them after so many great years. They are all older and getting together can be a struggle with their commitments. They all want to go out on a bang.”

Fleetwood Mac, famous for hits single like Don’t Stop, Dreams and Rhiannon and albums Rumours and Tusk, have not performed since 2009.

That prompted a media battle between Nicks and Cornish-born Fleetwood, 65.

However Nicks, 64, told a US TV show a tour was on the cards for 2013. She said: “It’s the plan. Because that’s what we do.”

louielouie2000 10-13-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1065644)
A source in Los Angeles said: “The Fleetwood Mac tour is on. This may be the end of the road for them after so many great years. They are all older and getting together can be a struggle with their commitments. They all want to go out on a bang.”

This is the first time I've ever heard such talk. Sounds like pure uninformed here-say to me. :rolleyes:

mezzoforte 10-13-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1065644)
[Aye, that Cornish-born laddie]

Express Co.uk Sunday October 14,2012
By James Desborough

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...c-hit-the-road

SUPERGROUP Fleetwood Mac are planning a world tour next year after reforming for a series of concerts following months of wrangling between drummer Mick Fleetwood and singer Stevie Nicks.

The rock giants are hitting the road to mark the 45th anniversary of the release of the band’s first album, with a different line-up, in 1968.

Singer Stevie Nicks has agreed to reunite with Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie. British singer Christine McVie is not expected to sign up.

Last night a spokesman for Nicks confirmed plans for the tour: “It’s certainly looking that way. I don’t have specifics yet.”

The group may even record new material for a proposed greatest hits release.

Fleetwood Mac, famous for hits single like Don’t Stop, Dreams and Rhiannon and albums Rumours and Tusk, have not performed since 2009.

That prompted a media battle between Nicks and Cornish-born Fleetwood, 65.

However Nicks, 64, told a US TV show a tour was on the cards for 2013. She said: “It’s the plan. Because that’s what we do.”

I'm pretty skeptical since there isn't actually a quote about that.
Stevie hasn't made a peep about the possibility of recording with FM, while she is already talking about recording another solo project with Dave...

KindOfWoman90 10-13-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1065649)
This is the first time I've ever heard such talk. Sounds like pure uninformed here-say to me. :rolleyes:

Entirely agree! Personally, I think as long as Stevie doesn't get too caught up in another project they could do another tour or two after next year. I hate articles like this... Nothing helpful lol :p

michelej1 10-13-2012 10:46 PM

Well, we need to know who is the "spokesman for Nicks" and the "source in Los Angeles." Is it Liz or whom? Is the same person the spokesman and the source?

Michele

SteveMacD 10-14-2012 02:06 AM

I love it when they say "this could be the end of the road for Fleetwood Mac", because they've been saying that ever since Peter Green quit over 42 years ago.

wetcamelfood 10-14-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1065665)
I love it when they say "this could be the end of the road for Fleetwood Mac", because they've been saying that ever since Peter Green quit over 42 years ago.

Yeah really, hyperbole at it's finest. Pepole rag on the Cher's of the world that have a "final" tour then they're back next year making that tour a lie yet every FM tour since '97 should have been called the "no we really mean it this time" last tour. :rolleyes

John

CADreaming 10-14-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1065657)
Well, we need to know who is the "spokesman for Nicks" and the "source in Los Angeles." Is it Liz or whom? Is the same person the spokesman and the source?

Michele

Exactly. I hate this kind of reporting. It reeks of tabloid.

APerfectLie 10-15-2012 05:51 AM

Apparently Stevie just said this in an interview.. record some new songs as well.

"Well, actually, maybe like two songs, maybe four, who knows?" she says. "We don't really know yet 'cause we're not in the world of Fleetwood Mac yet." But, she reveals that Lindsey Buckingham "has a song," and adds, "I have a song that didn't make the Buckingham-Nicks album that I really love. So, I'm gonna suggest that."

Peestie 10-15-2012 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by APerfectLie (Post 1065798)
Apparently Stevie just said this in an interview.. record some new songs as well.

"Well, actually, maybe like two songs, maybe four, who knows?" she says. "We don't really know yet 'cause we're not in the world of Fleetwood Mac yet." But, she reveals that Lindsey Buckingham "has a song," and adds, "I have a song that didn't make the Buckingham-Nicks album that I really love. So, I'm gonna suggest that."

This worries me. Why does she have to go back as far as Buckingham-Nicks?! She must have some stuff that's more recent. If it didn't make BN or any of her albums with FM (never mind her solo stuff) then why would it be good enough now? She wrote some great stuff for SYW so why go back almost 4 decades instead of writing something new?

WildHearted 10-15-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peestie (Post 1065799)
This worries me. Why does she have to go back as far as Buckingham-Nicks?! She must have some stuff that's more recent. If it didn't make BN or any of her albums with FM (never mind her solo stuff) then why would it be good enough now? She wrote some great stuff for SYW so why go back almost 4 decades instead of writing something new?

My guess would be the BN anniversary, first and foremost. Beyond that, she probably wants to save new material for her new solo album w/Dave... :/

Do you guys think this would be one of the live tracks or the demos we have (heart breaker, you wont forget me, without you, etc)? Or would those all have been written post-BN?

CADreaming 10-15-2012 08:20 AM

No, Stevie has tons of material -- & that's another reason to go back that far - it's not that the songs weren't good enough to go on an album, it's that there's just too many!!

I agree, she wants to pull a BN era song for the anniversary. :) :blob2:

^Wildhearted, all of those are BN songs that they were working on prior to FM's offer to join.

TrueFaith77 10-15-2012 10:30 AM

Morrissey's last greatest hits album had two new tracks. Those two new tracks appeared on his following studio album. It turned out to be a genius proposition. Let's hope that happens here too. :D

louielouie2000 10-15-2012 10:48 AM

I still don't get why there's a need for another compilation package. We have Greatest Hits ('88); The Chain ('90); The Very Best Of Fleetwood Mac ('02); and you could arguably throw in things like The Dance ('97) & possibly Live ('80) & Live In Boston ('04). Not to mention the digital remasters of Fleetwood Mac, Rumours, and Tusk (and the Rumours 5.1 audio). Exactly how much more does Fleetwood Mac need to flog it's back catalogue? :shrug:

WildHearted 10-15-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1065811)
I still don't get why there's a need for another compilation package. We have Greatest Hits ('88); The Chain ('90); The Very Best Of Fleetwood Mac ('02); and you could arguably throw in things like The Dance ('97) & possibly Live ('80) & Live In Boston ('04). Not to mention the digital remasters of Fleetwood Mac, Rumours, and Tusk (and the Rumours 5.1 audio). Exactly how much more does Fleetwood Mac need to flog it's back catalogue? :shrug:

I have the feeling it might be a greatest hits in the vein of celebrating Lindsey and Stevie's ~40 years of music, and what have you.

Unnecessary, yes. Doesn't exactly make sense in context of FM really. But a potential reason none the less. And also a reason for $$$. And it gives them something to tour behind, somewhat.