The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A Gloss on an Ancient Performance (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=36569)

aleuzzi 07-03-2008 08:28 PM

A Gloss on an Ancient Performance

I finally got around to seeing the FM performance of Peacekeeper and Say You Will on Leno (Sometimes, I'm a little, uh...slow!). I'll refrain from my "gosh I wish Christine were there" comments and say a few things:

1. Instrumentally, the band sounded hot, very tight very inspired.

2. Vocally, Lindsey sounded tired. Stevie sounded very good, and worked quite well with her shrinking vocal range. Her voice is continuously changing and she always meets those changes responsibly.

3. What in the heck was Stevie wearing?! She looked...ORDINARY! I mean, I liked the whole black, visually paired-down look, but I was surprised. She looked like she could have stepped off stage and into a supermarket!

michelej1 07-04-2008 12:30 PM

The band looked so uptight during that performance. It's as if they'd never been anywhere except on their high school auditorium stage before.

I remember Sandra Bullock coming over afterwards and giving Lindsey a big hug.

Michele

mylittledemon 07-04-2008 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 761883)
I finally got around to seeing the FM performance of Peacekeeper and Say You Will on Leno (Sometimes, I'm a little, uh...slow!). I'll refrain from my "gosh I wish Christine were there" comments and say a few things:

1. Instrumentally, the band sounded hot, very tight very inspired.

2. Vocally, Lindsey sounded tired. Stevie sounded very good, and worked quite well with her shrinking vocal range. Her voice is continuously changing and she always meets those changes responsibly.

3. What in the heck was Stevie wearing?! She looked...ORDINARY! I mean, I liked the whole black, visually paired-down look, but I was surprised. She looked like she could have stepped off stage and into a supermarket!

Are these vids online anywhere? I never saw those performances...!

aleuzzi 07-04-2008 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylittledemon (Post 761939)
Are these vids online anywhere? I never saw those performances...!

well, my vids are on a cd I traded with someone a while back. They were just thrown in there on a more important performance I wanted. But I imagine you could type "Fleetwood Mac Jay Leno" into youtube and come up with it...

michelej1 07-04-2008 01:18 PM

I got mine on Ebay. They are VHS copies of the whole Leno episodes, 2 of them, because they aired the 2 songs over 2 nights.

Michele

mylittledemon 07-04-2008 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 761941)
well, my vids are on a cd I traded with someone a while back. They were just thrown in there on a more important performance I wanted. But I imagine you could type "Fleetwood Mac Jay Leno" into youtube and come up with it...

Nope, they arent there. Post em up on YouTube for us!

Richard B 07-04-2008 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylittledemon (Post 761944)
Nope, they arent there. Post em up on YouTube for us!

YouTube has gotten much better at removing certain videos, especially US TV based shows. Hard to find stuff now that was so easy just a year ago.

TrueFaith77 07-04-2008 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 761934)
The band looked so uptight during that performance. It's as if they'd never been anywhere except on their high school auditorium stage before.

I remember Sandra Bullock coming over afterwards and giving Lindsey a big hug.

Michele

Awwww, I love Sandra Bullock! If only she would make good movies. . .

Nico 07-04-2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 761964)
Awwww, I love Sandra Bullock! If only she would make good movies. . .

Sandra Bullock is adorable. I totally saw her flock to Lindsey with the hug. But I was more surprised that she was so close to him in size- I would have thought her to be tinier.

mylittledemon 07-05-2008 07:40 AM

Yeah they aren't on YouTube...after 20 minutes of searching. Anyone know if they are anywhere else on the web?

aleuzzi 07-07-2008 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylittledemon (Post 761999)
Yeah they aren't on YouTube...after 20 minutes of searching. Anyone know if they are anywhere else on the web?

I just saw your request. I am a technical moron and do not know how to post videos on youtube (or download them for that matter). And whenever I post a yousendit music file for someone, I have to email the person (don't know how to do a general post). Everyone else finds it so easy in here and I'm flabbergasted that I don't know how to do it.

mylittledemon 07-08-2008 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 762196)
I just saw your request. I am a technical moron and do not know how to post videos on youtube (or download them for that matter). And whenever I post a yousendit music file for someone, I have to email the person (don't know how to do a general post). Everyone else finds it so easy in here and I'm flabbergasted that I don't know how to do it.

its pretty easy. If you have the video on your PC, then just upload it onto YouTube. After you've uploaded it (if you are a registered user) then you can copy and paste the link anywhere you want.

sywlindseyfan 07-08-2008 11:06 PM

hey man I found these and watched them just the night before this post here you are.....PEACEKEEPER

Online Videos by Veoh.com

SAY YOU WILL

Online Videos by Veoh.com

mylittledemon 07-09-2008 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sywlindseyfan (Post 762348)
hey man I found these and watched them just the night before this post here you are.....PEACEKEEPER
>

thanks so much for posting them! Cheers!